The pros and cons of Glock...

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by JMAtactical, Jul 14, 2012.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

What do you think of Glocks. I want a serious answer here. I have always argued for Glock but i hear a lot of you guys hate on them. I want to know the reasons behind both sides

2. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Just was commenting about glocks on another thread. I have owned several glocks through out the years they have always been really reliable never jam and never misfire and they don't get hot as hell when it sits in my car but in my opinion that doesn't out way the fact that they are uncomfortable to shoot no safety's and inaccurate. I have a glock 30 right now and have to say it just sits I prefer my 92fs or 1911 I want accuracy and idk if it's just me but I'm not good with glocks

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

personally i think the Glock is an excellent design that just plain works as long as the person using it knows the proper rules of gun safety in the first place. that's the pro's on it, it just plain works.

the con's are just the same as any other pistol, comes down to ergonomics, it just doesn't fit everyones hand, but if it does, then it comes in many different calibers, which is a plus.

4. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I have shoot my Glock many times and i have to come out and openly say i agree. I can hold on target and shoot and i dont usually have a great grouping. But i have friends and have seen people be dead on. So its hard for me because i am a fan but want more out of a firearm. I love the 92fs and want one bad.

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

My Glock 19 is comfortable and accurate. Glocks have 3 safetys, just no manual ones. I feel just as safe carrying a Glock with one in the pipe as I do with anything else unloaded.

Bottom line, it ain't going off on its own, it needs help from an outside source. I love Glocks for SD. They aren't and never will be my favorite range gun, but they do what they are designed for very nicely.

6. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I like them because they are a simple and just plain work. I put over 3000 rounds through my G17 in a week of training without a single issue. As far as them being inaccurate...I strongly disagree. I have shot 100% in every range qualification I've used mine on. Generally speaking an accuracy problem lies within the shooter, not the gun. Some people just don't shoot them well.

7. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

The 92fs is great and if your looking for the hammer and thumb safety it has its a little harder to break down than a glock but easy enough but I gotta say for some damn reason every time I clean my 1911 it take me damn near 10 mins to get the slide stop through the barrel lol

8. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I carry one and i think its great but the grip is to big and i think thats where my problem lies

9. scottybaccus

scottybaccus New Member

I don't hate Glocks, I just don't mesh with them. They have a different grip angle and ergonomics than my 1911. That means it isn't a natural pointer for me. I tend to shoot very high with one when point shooting. The controls are not intuitive for me, but that is mostly because I grew up in the school of John Browning. Most of my early firearms were heavily influenced by his designs, so I instinctively know where different controls are and how the internal parts work.

For me, it's the Mac versus PC question. I've been using the PC (1911) for a long time, so the newer designs of the Glock just don't do anything for me. Now they do build a quality product, so if they ever make a 1911 type pistol, I'm in!

10. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Yes the grip on my glock 30 is way to thick and idk if that's what makes me inaccurate with it I'm thinking it's a mixture of everything being stated

11. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Its something thats almost a deal breaker. I shot my buddys 19 and it was better for some stupid reason but mine is a 17od green and should be just a nice as his. I am seriously thinking of changes my alligence. Not sure where to turn yet

12. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Try the 1911 platform picked my first one up a few months ago and now am a believer and carry it every day as my ccw there not for everybody but it's worth checking out if your not as mechanically inclined as other try the baretta first fires a lot like my 1911 just a lot easier to break down

13. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I want to go to walther. I am always looking to try new firearms to find the very best thing for my girly hands lol. I want to find a friend with a 1911 and try it out

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

I loathe GLOCK. I hate the way it feels in my hand, I hate the grip angle, and quite frankly I'm scared the damn thing will go off or blow up if I look at it wrong. That's because of first hand accounts I've gotten from (previous) owners, and because it just don't feel safe to me, and I carried a revolver for several years that operated the same way, no safety, pull the damn bang switch.

But, WTS, it works, I'm accurate with it, is easy to break down and maintain, and I THINK the original 17 that was made famous via outrageous torture testing is still alive and kicking somewhere.

I'll get one someday. There are other guns much higher on my "must have" list though. In fact, GLOCK is near the bottom, right above hi point. Hi point is at the bottom.

15. cvia

cvia New Member

As far as I can tell the only real con with glock is they're ugly.

16. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Wow lol what a strong statement. I respect it tho. I saw the test and have seen the 18 in you tube fire flawlessly. Its hard for me because i grew up with glocks but i like to know how everyone feels

17. Kdub

Kdub New Member

I love my glocks. It fits great, it shoots where I point and it ALWAYS functions. I would like to see personally a glock that has gone off with no manipulation of the trigger. They don't. I have carried mine loaded on duty 24/7 for five years. In fact 40 of us have. When not hot on our person they are stored hot in a locker. Never once has there been an ad in over 20 years my unit has been in operation. Our armorer did testing trying to get a glock to ad. It just doesn't happen on a functioning maintained glock.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

They DO work, no one will ever hear me disagree with that. My personal experience says "if you pull the trigger, it WILL go bang"

I won't disagree on that. I do feel like they are a little too easy to accidentally manipulate the trigger. I don't see it as a GLOCK issue solely, it's also the same thing I don't like about my parent's M&P's.

19. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Any good quality handgun will be dependable as long as it is taken care of. My 1911 fires every time

20. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

There are many people on both sides of this. I will have to make a desicion at some point soon as to change or not