The O'Reilly Factor

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by locutus, Jul 28, 2012.

1. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I was very saddened to watch Bill a few nights back and learn that one of my favorite conservative "talking heads" is bitterly anti-gun.:(:(:(

2. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Me too. Big city republican with armed security.

3. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

I saw that also and couldnt believe it. Also, on the news talk radio (the one with bortz and hannity ect) a lady with the name of Mel was spewing about needing strong gun controls. It was only the second time I had listened to her. They both caught me off guard.

4. alxltd1

alxltd1 New Member

It is sad. I used to believe he was a true conservative. But it seems on this issue and a couple of others he is trying to cull some liberal audience under the "fair and balanced" banner. Unfortunately it then betrays him as more interested in ratings than the truth. I sent an email about his stance on "heavy" weapons and the falsehood that he quoted about assualt weapons not being regulated or reported. Too bad he is losing many fans.

5. bkt

bkt New Member

These talking heads don't care whether they know about a subject to sound off. O'Reilly clearly doesn't know anything about firearms and doesn't understand what 2A means or why it was written.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

"HEAVY WEAPONS" that can shoot 100 rounds a minute??

When does the definition of a gun lay in the skillz of the shooter??

Bill, go back to snortin' snow! At least it gives you an excuse for your ignorance of a given topic.

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Both parties and their talking heads only care about their own agenda and not true freedom and liberty. Bill O included.

8. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Stossel blows them all away. His shows are awesome true informative. He's like myth busters on political issues and does a good thorough job on it.:D

9. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

O'Reilly really showed his *** on the subject. The sheer ignorance on display was mind blowing. When the guest tried to correct him, he shouted louder. I was yelling at the TV, "You're wrong, you f___king d______bag!" I ended up turning it off in disgust.

10. Marthor

Marthor New Member

After watching the segment with Congressman Chaffetz, I sent this email to oreilly@foxnews.com

Also, there is a poll on oreilly's site asking if "heavy weapons" should be reported to the FBI. The way oreilly was using the term "heavy weapons" included all semi-auto guns and ammo purchases, so I voted no. Go vote, it's on the right side of the page!
    http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly/

11. downsouth

downsouth New Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^~

This man knows truth when he hears it. Stossel is one of about that many that I trust to tell me.the truth.

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Already knew this. I read his first book "Culture Warrior". He spends the entire book deriding the "usual suspects". Liberals such as Feinstein, Boxer, Schumer, ECT...all catch his wrath but NOT for there support of Gun Control. He rails against liberal philosophies and there corrosive effect on the Nation but never makes the link to gun control.

He did condemn the confiscation of guns during Katrina but is certainly of the mind that there are acceptable levels of gun control.

Tack

13. gilfo

gilfo Member

Have him put a picture of himself on a "heavy weapon" so he can have all his clown followers purchase it and he would come around.