The only pistol that functions in every element even wet and muddy.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by GLOCK17OD, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

GLOCK is often compared to other pistols. Even worse GLOCK has been compared to second class firearms manufactures like S&W and Colt. People ask yourself this question when buying a EDC or PDW pistol. Is the gun in my hand gonna fire no matter what? Let's say you go camping and you see a threat but drop your pistol in the stream and then again in the sand. Will that weapon fire is you are in danger and need to put rounds on target in less than 2 seconds... It may sound far out there or me stretching to make a point but the truth is I ask myself these questions before buying a firearm my life may depend on. More importantly my wife it sons life may depend on it. So I choose the only pistol I can trust to do the job no matter what and I use GLOCK. Well what do yall think? Let's hear it

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

What do I think? I think your statement that S&W and Colt are "second class" firearms makes you a close-minded Glock fanboy who is not interested in opinions but is looking to provoke another Glock versus the world pissing contest.

3. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

The fact that you don't know that there are three classes of hand guns and both above mention brands are not first class like GLOCK. I don't have to talk up GLOCK I think the performance speaks for itself. So think about the fact before you take out your gun envy on a guy who's just tellin it like it is.

4. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

I wanna start off by saying that my edc is a Glock 26, for the time being.

LO Effin L. You should really be a comedian with jokes like that.

If you drop your pistol, much less twice, you should really be re-thinking the whole carrying a pistol thing.

I think you're an idiot. Honestly.

You like Glock, and that's fine. Glock makes a great pistol. I've had a 17, and still have a 26 and carry it every day. However, to say that S&W and Colt are "second class" is downright ridiculous. That's like saying that Cadillacs are second class cars.

-Fred

5. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

Is GLOCK superior because it is in all capitol letters or is that just a perk? o.0 S&W isn't as cool because it needs to be abbreviated. :(

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I completely agree. A belligerent, immature fanboy just out looking to start something.

A very key signal is that he immediately turned around and tried to insult your intelligence too.

Obvious troll is obvious and needs to go troll somewhere else.

7. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Glock first class firearm? Glock over some of the oldest and most reputable firearms manufactures in the world? Wow....
    Troll much?

8. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

A Revolver won't jam...I don't get-it...A S&W Revolver with a bullet in the chamber is about the best thing you could ask-for.....NO.......:confused:.....I think I would take that over a sliding chamber anytime.... If my life is on the line.....NO.......Not taking any-sides ....Just..Saying.........

9. Papa_Woody

Papa_Woody New Member

Ditto. If I am near mud and water, out comes the wheelgun

10. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

Wow obviously this was taken out of context but you guys fire away. I am happy with what I said and anyone who don't like it don't read it.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

What the hell is there to take out of context? You made a completely foolish statement and have been called on it.

You just displayed the exact same ignorance that racists display.

12. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

Ok man you win EDITED BY MOD because I love Glock and I am tires of it being compared to guns that don't live up to the standard. Deal with it

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2011
  13. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

....Radial?

14. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

Tired lol auto correct. But still I can't even believe I'm not aloud to stick up for my favorite brand. This is the glock forum so if you don't like that the sorry bout your bad luck

15. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I think of you had made your statement a little different... you wouldn't have gotten these responses. "In my opinion GLOCK is a superior weapon over colt" but to just say that it is THE superior weapon is another story.

16. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

Ok look guys I didn't mean to Piss in yalls pot. I enjoy this forum and didn't mean to make everyone mad. what I said are facts not fanboy opinions and to attack me over it seems a bit harsh. However I can understand how you could look at it that way and will write future post with more tact

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Honestly, I like GLOCKs. I shoot very well with them and their durability/dependability is outstanding. Any one who's conversed with me can attest to my opinion on them.

There are two things that keep me from having one, the lack of a manually operated external safety, and the grip angle is unnatural for me.

Now, I have no manually operated external safety on my revolver either, but I'm comfortable with that because of the much longer and heavier trigger pull.

18. GLOCK17OD

GLOCK17OD New Member

I keep my trigger depressed and chamber a round when I'm ready. I do wish GLOCK had a safety on the slide. I like Walther because it fits my hands a little bit better. But over all I would have to say if I wanted to carry plus one I would need the external safety of another gun

19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Gentlemen- I am going to shut this thread. It has gone beyond discussing firearms, and is at the personality level.

To the orginal poster- If you state an opinion, be prepared for other opinions.

20. trip286

trip286 New Member

Ok still trying to figure out how Colt is second class though, when my grandfathers 1911 Colt was built in 1912, and still functions as new.

BTW, to say that those are facts (cake and smith being second class) is very much NOT correct, but they very much ARE opinions as you deny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.