the one you let get away...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Docfudd, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Docfudd

Docfudd New Member

We've all done it. Gun meets nice gun. Some cold feet. Go home to sleep on it. Come back next day...she's gone... Just curious what others have let go to regret it later. My most recent:
    M1A SOCOM in Drednaut (I know, I can't spell) stock...

Sharing helps the pain go away...ok every one, "there's a tear in my beer cause I'm crying for you dear"...

2. Docfudd

Docfudd New Member

Sorry, should say gun nut meets nice gun...

3. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

For hubby it would be the Ruger SR1911 but he ended up finding one after all so it worked out.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  4. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

A pristine arisaka. No cash, nobody to front me :(
    Though in the long run ammo would cost me so much i might be broker than i am now :p

5. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

K98 for $120. Went back to get it 15 minutes later.

Russian Sks in good shape for $150. Told myself I don't really need it.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

M44 mosin. We were going to meet back up the next day. Guy was supposed to go home and grab the bayonet. I went home, thought about it, counted my dough, looked at my bills, talked to my mom, stressed over it, got pumped, got excited... He didn't show up. I felt like I was stood up at the sixth grade Valentine's dance all over again. :(

7. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Aaww trip. Who broke your little middle school heart?

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Her name was Danielle Conner. It's all good though. I was hanging out with another kid who got stood up too. We got to chat chitting, and discovered something... Danielle was a no show because she'd agreed to go with two different guys! We still keep in touch.

And some folks wonder why I have a hard time trusting women. They started burning me from the very beginning. That was supposed to be my first "date". Later on that same night, the new bud and I got into his mom's liquor. It was all a downward spiral from there, booze and heartbreak. I think it may all be behind me now though.

Can you imagine two twelve year old boys, drunk off their asses, wearing cheap rented tuxedos, riding their bikes around town? Good times...

9. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Those days are not far behind me. Good memories :D
    Though i seem t have "misplaced" my clothing somewhere around town that night ;)

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Good lord, I have stories about misplaced clothing, riding while intoxicated (horse), and not too long ago some azzhole did donuts on the courthouse lawn on a motorcycle in the middle of the night. It was no coincidence the sheriff went straight to my mom's house to ask her if I was by any chance back in town at the moment...

11. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Drunk horse riding? Sounds awesome, invite me next time :D

12. josan89

josan89 New Member

First case... Browning Medallist 22lr. This one I lost because I never told my father that I wanted until a year after he let it go.
    Second case... Ruger 10/22 stainless steel on synthetic stock for 175. Miss it for this much. (50 bucks)
    Third case... Chinese SKS incredibly beautiful and a sweet shooter. My two face friend sold it today even after I told him hold to it for a couple of week until I get the money.

13. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I have to be honest....I haven't had that happen yet. I stumbled on my 629-1 and my wife was with me. I told her at the price they were asking I couldn't walk away. I had always wanted one and here it was...$450 later I had a 629 with 8 3/8" barrel in 99% condition with all the factory papers and box....I still own that gun and it's my favorite 44 to shoot.

14. Sand_Squid

Sand_Squid New Member

Think it was a Savage a .22/410ga. (.22 on top the 410ga on the bottom). My brain cell was stuck on getting a Rugger 10/22. Can't remember the price of the Savage but I could only afford one rifle at the time and went for the Rugger which are a dime a dozen. Still smack myself in the head with my palm from time to time.

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My "buddy" bought an MP5 and the day he picked it up he called me to ask if he could shoot it on my range. We did, great afternoon.

Fast forward a couple of years and he trades it to a guy for a brake job on a car he eventually abandons. And I was a professional mechanic. I could have fixed the damned car so he could have driven it (and stopped) for the MP5.

16. tri70

tri70 New Member

I missed a deal on a mini 30 for $350, it had less than a 100 rds fired thru it.

17. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Last gun show I missed a really good condition SA stainless mil-spec 1911 for $375. Was stuck in my booth and couldn't run out for more cash.

Same show I also let go an SA ultra compact for $500. Didn't make it an isle away while thinking about it before it was gone.

18. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I missed out on a $800 IHC Garand by one day. A buddy of mine knew a guy who was selling one, I went down the next morning and it was already gone... The guy said he had it sold in under 2 hours... :(

Now everytime I see one their 2-3 times the price..... :( :(

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a like new EAA 30.06/ 12 ga over under I have been thinking of unloading and I have been on the fence for months now . Yesterday I looked them up on gun broker but they only had the 12ga/ .223 combo and it was selling anywhere from $550-$700 used and scratched . Hmmm kinda changed my mind of what I had planned on trading for since its value is more than I had expected . Its just one of those deals what do you do ?

20. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Same, saw one at a flea market. Well used, but good shape.

$600