The Official FTF Squares Competition

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

This is my 3K post.

Today we honor this forum with a competition that explores uncharted territory.

Give this a little time to roll, as the logistics of getting everyone involved online at the same time was gonna prove impossible.

The Bunker elite have chosen two competitors, our golden member has tweaked graphics, and my beloved squares are ready to serve.

Our Mod King will be appearing with the deciding questions shortly.

Feel free to chat amongst yourselves.

For my part, I want to thank all who have helped me laugh, grow, and pass the time for 3000 posts.

We will begin shortly.

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

*insert thumb twiddling smiley here*

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Omigod! It's really happening!

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Congrats my Brother Benning, for the well earned accomplished task of 3000 posts of professionalism, respect and laughter. :D

May you go another 3000 more my Brother, so I can congratulate you once again, and meagerly add another post number to mine. :D

Jack

5. suprdave

suprdave New Member

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Congrats on 3000 posts my brother!! A finer member of this forum I can not think of.

Glad to have you here. My Friend. :cool:

JD

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Motorfingers. ;)

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

3,000 posts, Benning!! Congrats on this and all the other EPIC Benning threads!! knel.gif

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Boy. Benning Boy.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Dude you need to catch up to my blabber mouth azz you better hurry up

11. WDB

WDB New Member

Congrats Mr 3000!
    Benning a wonderful example to all FTF members.

12. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

okay, this isn't the "Lets give Benning a stiffy from all the praise we can chuck out" thread.

This is the frigging FTF Squares thread! Lets get things ........wait for it......wait for it..... "SQUARED" away! :cool:

Oh, and congrats Benning, and thanks for all the laughs :D

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Easy Bro.

Benning has contributed more threads that have gone NUCLEAR than any other member.

That ALONE is worthy of praise.

Plus, when the game starts, a like minded mod could easily delete all these posts or move them to a Benning appreciation thread. Say, in The Bunker. :cool:

14. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Believe me, the Boy has my utmost respect **kneels and worships** :D

I mean, how often does someone get to friggin play squares?!?! :cool:

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Gentlemen, a finer group of people I've never been associated with.

My sincerest thanks to all of you. I say, in complete honesty, excluding family, I'd hang with you guys before anyone in my "real" world.

So here is where we are......

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

First off, congratulations to Gus and OlPainless. After discussions in the Bunker, which one of you will soon have access to, we decided upon you guys.

Primary in your selection was the fact that you had an interest. Your avoidance of douchebaggey was also a key.

Welcome.

I am also pleased to announce that the winner will recieve a special gift, from a special member. More on that as we progress.

The key to your success will be your knowledge of this forum, and the larger than life characters involved.

This was decided as the route simply because newbs have a tendency to show up here to wow us with their gun derring-do, and have no time for anyone elses opinion. In this game, you will have to have a sense of your brothers here, or you will fail.

17. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

18. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

My squares.

Keep in mind the original format of the show.

J.D. put in alot of work on the questions. I haven't seen them, I know that the core guys will have no problems with the answers. Feel free to answer with a smartazz answer. Feel free to bluff the newbs. It's not your job to help them. It's there job to agree or disagree correctly with what you say.

The difference from the show is that we will not award the square to player 1 if player 2 answers incorrectly. Player one has to win the square with a correct answer.

19. WDB

WDB New Member

Congrats Gus and OlPainless!
    Put your helments on Gus and OlPainless, We expect a good show.

20. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Credits.

First to IGETEVEN.

My best stuff is never planned, it's a reaction to something. Jack posted a Hollywood Squares thread, and it got me thinking. So he deserves big credit for this.

J.D.

I often start a thread that is dead on arrival, and J.D. manages to hype it to epic in two posts. I have the utmost love and respect for this guy. When I need a Mod, he's the first to jump.

Tango

The graphics portion of this project caused as much ruckus as the project itself. You've never, I don't care who you are, never heard "Ghey devil unicorn" all in the same sentence till the board came up.

Dune

More on this later.

And the Squares

Thanks to guys who jumped in to help, and special thanks to guys who couldn't be pulled away from this.