The NEXT Big Knife Test Announcement: Benning vs. Dillinger

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Dillinger, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well, the wait is over My Friends. :)

I am happy to announce tonight that I have come to terms with a member of the knife making community, a knife line owner who also is active with the military and LEO communities.

This thread is the new announcement thread. Benning has not even heard the official news and official name of the company yet.

This will be updated with pictures and when we get our newest Vendor signed up so he can accurately answer your questions.

The number of views of this thread will tell us what kind of traffic we are going to be performing for, and we are just going to spring it on you guys when we get started, so keep checking back.

Hopefully, this will be the first of MANY industry people that we can beg, bribe or blackmail into coming here and answering questions for you fine folks.

JD

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

**BUMP**

My original idea was not so good. :rolleyes::confused:

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

What? I'm confused now. Your first post made sense, your second post confused me all to hell. :eek:

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

What exactly is happening here?

5. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Excellent news, JD!

Thanks for working to make this happen. Looking forwards to the next update!

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Do it up!! :cool: :cool: I love these threads. Mostly I don't comment, but I'm here in the blade threads.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Ah, but you will NEED to comment. In fact, this will hopefully be an opportunity for all of us to get answers to questions from a guy who does this for a living.

Contemplate this. You want pointers on your roundhouse kick. You discuss it on a martial arts forum with a bunch of green belts.

Chuck decides to make an appearance on that forum. He tells you how he does it.

We will have an opportunity to interact with an industry professional. Why this steel? We can offer theory, this guy can give you facts.

Once this rolls, start forming your questions.

8. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

+1000.

J.D. had this concept for a while now, and has put in alot of behind the scenes work at his own time and expense. All of it was for the benefit of the forum at large, and all of deals have been brokered solely by him.

SMs are aware of the .45 King thread, which is a similar concept, and when it runs it's course, we can try something similar to involve up and coming industry professionals to seek input from the guys that use the product.

I just want to publicly thank J.D. for involving me in this project. We have some big stuff planned.:D

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Yeah JD...

What he Said!

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Yes, most definitely, thanks to J.D. and Benning for your engagement and willingness to be a little bit over the edge. :cool:

11. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

This is a great addition to the forum! KUDOS, Benning and JD!! Can't wait!!!

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I was second choice. He knew Francisco just couldn't do the things that would need to be done, because Francisco won't go nuts on a knife. He treats them as his children. He talks to them.

Francisco is "The Knife Whisperer.":D

BTW, Francisco, love the Opinel. Classic beauty.:cool:

13. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

They need love! And talking to them helps with edge holding, it's a scientific fact that knives perform better if you have meaningful conversations with them.

You sound just like my girlfriend, she got really pissed off the other day because I went out with $1000.- to get a nice new suit for a wedding (her "suggestion") and I ended up getting a $200 suit that was on sale, and a bunch of new sharp toys.

Seriously, though, this is a great thing you guys are doing for the forum. I spend a lot of time on knife forums, and only the ones with lots of members get any sort of attention from company owners.

JD did his part by setting this up, Benning will come up with tests that'll make me wake up screaming at night, the rest of us need to do our part as well and take full advantage of this opportunity to have our questions answered by a pro so we can develop this place to its full potential.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  14. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Francisco is correct. Start formulating your questions now, things will be moving quickly here very shortly.

If you are considering a knife purchase, I beseech you to hold off just a little while. We will be giving fair and honest reviews here shortly.

I have just enough hair back to make this interesting.:eek:

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I will try to keep up with the hounding. Does this Vendor have a sense of humor and thick skin? :)

16. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

J.D. has handled all the dealings with our guy.

I am familiar with the company only in the capacity that I've seen the ads, read a few reviews. I liked the designs, and had hoped to pick up one or two, but it was on the "someday" list, and something always comes up to bump that list.

As I get older, I want to whittle away alot of the non essential material stuff. I have alot of knives. Some are good, some are junk. I need just one or two, but those have to be armageddon worthy.

If this knife survives everything I envision doing to it, I have no problem with ditching the rest.

Should have it in hand shortly, then it's time to get to cutting.:eek:

17. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I for one eagerly await this new vendor and the subsequent testing. :)

18. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Save some money. Suprises are coming.....

19. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Good heavens, the anticipation is killing me you guys. It's like having presents under the tree at Thanksgiving.

20. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

UDPATE:

The Vendor in question will be offering an FTF Supporting Member discount code for knife purchases through his line.

We should be able to post some pictures of the test blades, if all goes well, by early next week.

Stay Tuned, I think we are going to be showing you something that is going to make a lot of you want to take advantage of the discount and add a nice new knife to your BOB.

JD