The new Slide Fire

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ShadowArms, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowArms

ShadowArms New Member

If you haven't heard yet I thought I would let everyone know that there is a new product called the slide fire for you AR and AK's. It takes the concept of bump firing and allows you to fire your semi auto as a rapid fire so auto.

www.slidefire.com

They have a lot of YouTube videos and I have seen it in person and plan on purchasing one for my AR and my AK. It incredible and completely legal.

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yeah there've been a lot of threads on this over the last few months.

3. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Seems like that might be asking for a mechanical failure...not sure that many of the commercial AR's could take much of that...I could be wrong.

4. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Yeah I've seen that too and from what know about bump firing and AR's, that device seems like a good way to break your rifle.

5. ShadowArms

ShadowArms New Member

After I get mine and use it I will let you know how it performs after serious use. I plan to really test out it's durability.

6. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yeah....report back, please. I'd like to know how it performed and if it caused you any issues w/your rifle. thanks!

7. TouchMyGlock

TouchMyGlock New Member

I own it. I have it on my M&P 15. I love it, works great. I've fired 4 clips one after another in probably under 60 seconds and not one problem. Only thing I don't like about it, it's not the tightest fit. There is a little bit of a wobble between it an the gun

8. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Has it affected the accuracy? What I mean is...my ArmaLite has a "recommended interval" between rounds in order to maintain accuracy for the rated life of the barrel. Has yours fallen off, or does that matter enough to you to track?

9. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  10. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yeah...but I gotta admit, I'm considering buying a "beater" AR to install one of these onto. As soon as one of these guys reports back that it did/did not fry theirs, anyway. :D

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Heat is always going to effect accuracy in any weapon especially lighter weight barrels , bull barrels and machine gun / heavy barrels are more made for heavy abuse like that , and when your spraying your not necessarily looking for pinpoint accuracy ;)

12. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yeah...I'm a little intrigued, but just as something to use at the plinking range. I don't know, I've been looking for something fun to spend about a grand on...this might fit the bill. I just don't want to spend that $$$ only to have it be a total pos after a couple trips to the range. :)

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

14. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I think if I had a extra grand to spend I would be looking at another AR / AK / or something else to add to my collection ,

15. luckyj

luckyj New Member

Why not just buy a full auto gun? Not trying to be a smartazz but if you sell you AR your over halfway there. I guess I could see how it would be a cool toy for someone totally strapped for cash. Just curious.

16. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

17. ShadowArms

ShadowArms New Member

The last price I found was 15,000 plus the tax stamp for a full auto and semi auto selector M-4 A4 colt. It takes about 6-9 months to clear the background check and the ATF can invade your home to check the status of the weapons location without a warrant. Class 3 license holders get inspected at least two times a year.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  18. luckyj

luckyj New Member

I apologize for my ignorance. A quick google search revealed that they sell for around $7000. Someone I work with has several full autos and he said he got his for $2k + the $200 stamp. He never mentioned anything about the inspections.

19. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yeah...I have ZERO desire to navigate the hoops required for class III.

Just something different, that's all. Seems a cheap toy that would be fun.

20. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

I don't buy guns to sell later. The only time I have sold a firearm, it was because the more I used it, the more I grew to not like shooting it. My AR's don't fall into that category. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.