The New 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by CA357, Feb 25, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Most of you are aware of the problems I've been having with my RIA GI model. Well, it will be back from Armscor on Monday and after I clean it, I'm listing it for sale.

I sold some of my SHTF ammunition to gather more cash to put with whatever I get for the RIA.

I went to the shop and they didn't have a single Colt in the store. (sorry Cane) I would have been happy with a Springfield Mil Spec, but they're scarce as hens teeth around here. So, I decided to look at Commander sized pistols, since this pistol may eventually be carried.

I checked out the Para LTC, the SA Champion, a stainless Kimber Pro Carry II and just for grins, a used Sig P220. The Sig was by far the best deal and I like Sigs, but I really wanted a 1911. This way, I can not only share ammunition, but magazines as well.

With our circumstances, I only have two handguns anymore, the Sistema and the RIA. I feel uncomfortable only having one handgun since one is none. Having the RIA is like having only my Sistema. I will never be able to trust the RIA. I realize that may be goofy, but I just can't feel confident that it will always operate correctly.

So, I put the Kimber on layaway with my ammo money. Now I just have to get that RIA sold and I'll be able to pick up the new pistol. :cool:

Since I don't have the pistol, here's a link to it on the Kimber website: Kimber America | Pro Carry II

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Can't go wrong with a Kimber, Don!

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Nice gun. I'm sure you'll get over it not being a [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Can't wait ten days to see it CA!! :D

5. CA357

The Rock island was just bought by an adventurous member of this forum. I'm really glad, because it's someone who knows the history of the pistol and I am honor bound to let that history be known.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  6. Samples.32

Samples.32 New Member

I could have gotten you a kimber below cost!!!!!!!!

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I am too late, I wanted to Dual Wield in a sweet shoulder rig and ankle carry my Sigma. ;)

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Tough decision there pardner. One of the real nice thing about Sigs, especially the P220, is they just run and they don't care about ammo. I like 1911s myself but as you surely know - they can be picky. Hopefully you won't get a "Spitty" Kimber that rusts away instantly...:rolleyes:

9. CA357

Nah, it won't be rusting from me, I'm Italian and I exude Olive Oil. Garlic too at times. ;)

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I really like the pro carry 2 I had except that silly take down paper clip thing. Enjoy!

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Maybe my .460 Rowland is not that far off now.

12. CA357

Now that seems like a very real possibility. :cool:

13. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Had a Para with a similar problem. After going back to North Carolina twice and finding nothing wrong I traded a buddy of mine for a Black Hawk. I've been to the range with him a couple of times and the gun performs like a million dollars. Well I like the SA so we are both happy.