The makarov???

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by R3c0n5n1p3r, Aug 15, 2012.

1. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

I was considering getting a makarov but didn't know much bout them other than it's a 9-18 round and just like most Russian guns there are a lot of them made by every 1 I was wondering r there other rounds they shoot mag capacity r they good guns price just info I may need 2 know b4 buying 1 , I don't wanna google I wanna hear from real pple.... Just wanting a Small CC pistol but don't wanna spend the 600 on a sig p238 whitch my old man owns and it's nice he allways rubs it in my face but I like Russian style reliable guns and a mak came 2 mind...

2. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

I wanted to read your post but it looked like one of those damn word math problems from school. So, I gave up. :p

3. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

Lol yeah I over did it a bit ...

4. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

Lol............ My bad

Attached Files:

5. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

funny I knew that answer to that problem ;) wish I could help you with the Mak

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

The Makarov can be found in 380. They can also be converted to 380. A Mak chambered in 9X18 CAN fire 380 in a pinch. Highly recommended that this isn't done though.

I think it would be sweet of it could be converted to 9X19, but I think the longer round just wouldn't fit...

7. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

I may have misunderstood the question, but the CZ82 is an awesome little firearm, can be had with 13-round mags, and the Mak ammo is readily available in both surplus and SD varieties. Also, you can find the pistols themselves for less than $200. Great little pistol!

8. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

The Makarov is a fine gun, built well, reliable, easy to maintain and accurate. The ammo can be a little hard to find. Maks are bigger and heavier than a P238, but can be a good CC weapon.

9. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

That was exactly what I was thinking as soon as I got my 15 year old niece to translate the original post. I have a CZ82 that I paid $175 for and it is one of the most reliable guns I own. High capacity, small size, never had a jam, very accurate and just a lot of fun to shoot. It was the main issue gun for the Czech Army for many years. I trust it.

10. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

Thanks if I find 1 less than 200 as long as it shoots I'll probly buy it...

11. marc29th

marc29th New Member

12. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

Where I live Mak ammo is plentiful (Walmart even has some) but I know it's not like that everywhere. They are a bit heavy, but not too bad. Get some thin custom grips and you'll be golden. And parts for the 83 (apart from the bbl) are interchangeable

13. Bushman

Bushman Member

Had a Mak a few years ago and liked it alot. Rugged, reliable, accurate, cheap ammo, better CC ammo available.
    One thing I wasn't crazy about was the heel catch for the mag release, but that's a small downside.
    I would love to own another one.

14. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

Nice and the newest or the labeled best pistol is usually far from it I say if it shoots well and reliable enough 2 trust my life with it then Idc if it's heavier or not as pretty... That's y I enjoy glocks and any Russian style weapon...