The Last Thing A BG Will See....

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Stainless, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Stainless

Stainless New Member

A buddy sent me this - I thought y'all might like it - if you haven't already seen it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Is it real? How hard would that be to do?

3. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Would be very easy for a guy with a CNC mill and engraving. Workholding would be the only issue, and a good mill guy would have no trouble. Find a job shop with a good rep in your area and talk to them.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's mostly done with lasers today.

Give Todd @ Customized Creationz a call for pricing. (Think it runs ~$75 on average) Tell him canebrake sent you.

He's good, can do 3D and curved surfaces like barrels.

I’m having him do Canebrake using the Colt ‘C’ on the dustcover of my Defender. He's also engraving 'Molon labe' on the barrel just under the rollmark.

http://customizedcreationz.com/services/laserengraving.html

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

A little off topic, when it's done with lasers, does it get hot? Could one do a heat treated knife blade without screwing with the temper of it?

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

The temps of the lasers vary, but when lasering metals (esp hardened), the metal is sprayed with a laser paint and the paint is essentially burnt. It will eventually rub off. Soft stuff (wood, plastic, etc.) lettering by laser won't rub off, because it burns the material.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Not the engraving Todd does, check out his site, see below.

Todd does laser engraving not laser etching. The engraving depth is 0.005” and up to 0.150” on 3D stuff.

This will not rub off.

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I stand corrected. I would be concerned about temp with this method. Cool stuff.