The largest gun...ever.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by RustyShackleford101, Aug 15, 2012.

1. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

This is for anybody who thinks that their handgun caliber of choice is the ultimate man stopper. Guess what...it's not. (also its for anybody who enjoys a MASSIVE gun) go to Wikipedia and look up the Shwerer Gustav. You will be amazed.

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Not as massive as Gustav or Dora, but actually had a larger bore diameter-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Cannon

For a bore brush, I think they used a Christmas tree. Instead of a patch, they tied a sheep to a stick.

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Nothing says business like a 16,000 pound armor piercing round with an effective range of 29 miles. :cool:

[​IMG]

4. RustyShackleford101

Beats the hell out of that tank on the background, or any tank for that matter.

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm thinking about getting into long range shooting, do you guys think this is enough gun? :confused:

tb_gun-lg-4-de.jpg

:D

6. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

That thing might be bigger than Zanzamar, the "Dragon" guarding the Kyber Pass... I want one, just to lessen the mariachi music at 3am in my neighborhood...

7. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Maybe. 800 mm is a good round, but I think you could do better. :D :p

8. c3shooter

Dog- good caliber, but RCBS takes FOREVER to ship the sizing dies out, and I got a hernia lifting one of the primers.....:eek:

9. c3shooter

BTW, this was the M65- a lot smaller (only 240 mm) and a max range of 20 miles, but it certainly packed a punch-

atomic annie.jpg

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

true, but i was thinking of maybe a dual mount 800mm ..... you think the Jeep can hold it? :p

tell me about, that and I lost the tracks on the front end loader trying to load the powder :(

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I heard youve got to have a special tax stamp to receive that kind of ammo in the mail, I suggest Fed-ex, that way you can get it delivered on Saturday also! The nice part is that you can save yourself a trip to the range and just fire it from the back yard! Remember, safety first, you must have an FO or your probably gonna get in trouble, waste allot of rounds and have to share the fun of firing with the guy that you should have sent forward!

12. c3shooter

For the M65, the Forward Observer uses a different fire correction command- "LEFT one map sheet. DROP 2 zip codes." :p

Just remember- close only counts with horseshoes, hand grenades, and nuclear weapons. :eek:

13. RustyShackleford101

I heard Germany had plans to make a self propelled version of the Shwerer guns. I would love to drive to work in both of these!

14. EW1066

EW1066 Member Supporter

15. RustyShackleford101

Sounds about right.

16. RustyShackleford101

For those who say man stoppers start at 4. I say man stoppers start at 800!

17. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Wow, thats one hell of an SP Cannon! Can you imagine the hearing protection you would need to wear to be anywhere near this thing? Better make sure you park it on solid ground or its going down!

I remember hearing about Saddams attempt at building a fixed emplacement super gun (giant potato cannon), I think I heard we were watching for a long time and blew it up just before it could near completion. We probably should have shot him out the damn thing instead of hanging him!

Mortars are fun but I like missiles better (11H40)!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUMxZ34Ptco"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUMxZ34Ptco[/ame]

T-72 meets the TOW2B, indirect fire overflight missile- Death By Wire!

18. c3shooter

Not bad, but I like the way the Javelin bounces the turret about 100 ft in the air.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3iA5KCa16s[/ame]

19. powg

powg New Member

big gun

Ive hear that the 16 inch guns used on iowa class battleships are as accurate at 25 miles as a .243 is at 200yrds .Is that true ? Now if I could get a 104 re-done in colorcase -hardened finish by Doug Turnbull I would be in heaven!