The IRS is buying shotguns.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by ARnoob, Feb 3, 2010.

1. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Looks like we'd better pay those taxes! This was pretty interesting. I had no idea that the IRS had armed agents. Maybe they should be posted California to collect state taxes... :D

http://tinyurl.com/yagrxcf

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) intends to purchase sixty Remington Model 870 Police RAMAC #24587 12 gauge pump-action shotguns for the Criminal Investigation Division. The Remington parkerized shotguns, with fourteen inch barrel, modified choke, Wilson Combat Ghost Ring rear sight and XS4 Contour Bead front sight, Knoxx Reduced Recoil Adjustable Stock, and Speedfeed ribbed black forend, are designated as the only shotguns authorized for IRS duty based on compatibility with IRS existing shotgun inventory, certified armorer and combat training and protocol, maintenance, and parts.

Submit quotes including 11% Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) and shipping to Washington DC.

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I find it ironic that when selling guns to the IRS you must charge for the 11% FAET.

3. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I remember watching something a few years ago where a business owner and wife failed to pay taxes timely and I guess ignored warnings or couldn't pay, don't recall exacts. They raided their house fully armed in the early morning. Young children present, the whole nine yards.

4. user4

user4 New Member

I don't know if the IRS ever DIDN'T have armed agents. Geeks with guns. *shudders*

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Hey, Accountants and other number crunchers like guns too...

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The IRS is no joke. Their authority rivals that of some Federal agencies and their reach is pretty impressive.

While I don't approve of their purchase, I am glad they chose those models. Mine holds more ammo. :D

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

The IRS agents with guns are not the same guys who do audits, thank goodness. I wonder if the ones who do SWAT type entries go around thumping the bean counters between the eyes?

Anyone else notice that the barrels are 14"? My barrel is longer....lol.

8. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Caught that, too. NFA??

9. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

sure it is, for us.......

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Only 60 shotguns? I think we buy that many new 870's every year. We have been upgrading our shotgun inventory for the last 5 years or so.

11. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

Have none of "Untouchables". Its got Sean Connery and Robert DeNeiro. Its about Al capone. The IRS takes down more mafia type people and high end drug dealers than any other agency. I'm a criminal justice major at VCU and their investigative division rivals the FBI's white collar crime units.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Yes we do. :)

I too wondered about the 14" barrels & legality; shouldn't they be paying the $200 NFA tax too? :rolleyes:

When i was with the state tax commission, most of the Revenue Officers who worked past due accounts carried a concealed pistol and kept the local PD or SO on their cel for quick contact. If something was going to be serious they took a deputy. Luckily, that was not my job; i just came up with the bill, didn't have to collect it.

Collegekid, if you are interested in that area of work, my sister sent me a number of job postings in AR & MO & TN for that part of the IRS in the last year or two. I eventually told her i wasn't interested in that kind of work.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  13. bkt

bkt New Member

Because it has to be. They're above the laws we little people must live under, and they obviously will use force to take money from you.

60 guns is no big deal...they won't do much damage with that. It's the principle that make me jettison my groceries.

14. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Damn revenuers...next thing you know they'll be after the moonshine stills.

15. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Now you are giving them something else to look for! :)