The Irony

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by hunter Joe, Feb 24, 2009.

1. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Well boys and girls, moms and dads, an eleven year old boy shoots and murders his pregnant step-mother with a shot gun he got as a Christmas present from his father. How could this be more ironic? We have debated whether to lock firearms up or not. This should tell us all that it is our responsibility as responsible gun owners to put firearms behind lock and key. I'm sure the antis are just eating this tragic story up. Personally I am very sad for all involved. How many lives were ruined by that one pull of the trigger. It should never of happened.
    Merry Freakin Christmas. Hunter Joe

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Source? How bad is the fall out in that immediate area? I haven't seen it on the news here yet ( Washington ).

Truly a sad example of why we must stay ever vigiliant in policing ourselves gentlemen ( and ladies ). It takes one little misguided youth to give the collective a black eye.

Let us keep focused on the tasks at hand. We are SUPPOSED to be the more responsible, more enlightened and more disciplined people in this debate.

Let's start acting like it....

JD

3. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

That is why I have agun safe.

Some kids are DUMB and don't understand DON'T TOUCH.

4. jdnossaman

jdnossaman New Member

My Dad got me my first shotgun when I was 10. Even though it was mine he always kept it under lock and key. I'm older and responsible with my guns and still don't know where that key is. Although I have a few my guns are at college with me, most are still in that safe. That is how every dad should be, teach you kids how to respect gun and don't give them responsibility for them until they one out of your house

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay. Really?!?!

Okay, yeah, this is a tragedy that is going to get some air play, but C'mon!

Do you mean to tell me that every gun owner has to take in the tailpipe because of this friggin Muppet??

The kid expressed rage. Then he made death threats. Then he had been issuing threats for two months when his dad wasn't around.

AT WHAT POINT DOES THE KID GET THE ASS WHIPING WE ALL WOULD HAVE GOT FROM OUR PARENTS AND THE WEAPONS WOULD HAVE BEEN PROPERLY SECURED?!?!?!?

Cane, Robo, Hillbilly68, S.C., Benning, stalkingbear, Ineff, cpttango - Can you guys HONESTLY tell me that THIS kind of behavior would have been tolerated under your old man's roof?!

My old man would have beat me to an inch past death, then brought me back to life just to prove who was in charge - and that man never laid a finger on me in anger my whole life. I F**KING knew better.... and that little bastard should have been taught better as well.

Having those weapons unsecured, and clearly having at least one kid in the house you have ZERO control over, should have kicked in the Self Preservation Gene, but I guess not....

JD

6. orangello

orangello New Member

The articles really make this sound like he was out to get her with or without a gun. If he hadn't had access to the shotty, would he have made her the Drano special for breakfast? I guess we will never know. The articles are making it sound like this kid was bound for infamy regardless of the presence of a gun. Just my opin.

The only alternative that comes to mind is that Jr. had never been there to see a squirrel or deer, that he shot, die & had not made the connection to the irreversibility of death. (sounds like a longshot to me)

7. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

The bottom line is that kid used a gun and that is all the antis care about. It is impossible to stop gun violence, although, we should always promote firearm safety as responsible gun owners. This is just one man's opinion. Keep safe brothers, Hunter Joe

8. jdnossaman

jdnossaman New Member

There is gun violence going on all over, and there isn't anything that we can do about it other than doing are own part to prevent situations like this. Situations like this is what fuels the fire with the anti gun people. They just love it when a kid shoots a parent with a gun that he shouldn't have access to, because they can use it as an example to support them.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Not around my pop. The man is pushing 70 and can still make me wanna dig a hole and hide with his 'angry' look. :eek:

How many cries for help did this boy need to make before someone did something about it. I'll bet he had trouble in school, too. Still, the way the media likes to play it, the gun did the act, not the child.

FATHERS AND MOTHERS, DO NOT LEAVE FIREARMS IN THE HANDS OF YOUR CHILDREN. THEY ARE CHILDREN AND INCAPABLE OF MAKING ADULT DECISIONS BASED ON LOGICAL REASONING. IF YOUR CHILD HAS BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS, DO NOT GIVE THEM A GUN PERIOD. :mad:

I am a husband, father, hunter, shooter and I approve this message.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

No it was not. I knew where every key to every gun caginet was at all times. I did not get into them because I was told in no uncertin terms that If I ever got into them with out my dad knowing I would never shoot again. That was all it took for me. I love to shoot I loved to shoot then. So when told donn't do it I didn't do it. I was taught respect for my elders and for firearms. That is why I have never had an accident and never will have one with a firearm. I do the same thing everytime I get a gun out of the safe or form another person. I cut no corners I take no chances I am a 4 rules NAZI and I am proud of it.

Plus my IQ is slightly higher than the rock in the front yard. So that helped too. Some of these kids today are just stupid they are not dumb they are stupid and have no hopes of becoming smart or not so stupid.

11. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

From Wikipedia

Lizzie Andrew Borden (July 19, 1860 – June 1, 1927) was a New England spinster who was the central figure in the hatchet murders of her father and stepmother on August 4, 1892 in Fall River, Massachusetts in the United States. The murders, subsequent trial, and following trial by media became a cause célèbre. The fame of the incident has endured in American pop culture and criminology. Although Lizzie Borden was acquitted, she was at the time (and is to an extent today) widely believed to be guilty; no one else was ever arrested or tried, and she has remained notorious in American folklore. Dispute over the identity of the killer or killers continues to this day.

And to this day we still sell axes to anyone without background checks, registration or licensing!! There's Irony for ya!!

12. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

It's a real shame that these anti gunners are so narrow minded. If all the firearms in the world were to disappear, humans would still find ways of killing each other. Before the Chinese invented gunpowder people were using rocks, clubs, spears, bows and arrows, and catapulting plague ridden corpses over castle walls, that by the way, wiped out over half of Europe's population.

I think were in for a heck of a fight. God knows were not wrong.

13. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

The first use of bacteriological warfare!! :D

14. WDB

WDB New Member

Like being a responsible gun owner we are responsible to our children. Keeping firearms safe when not in use is the responsibility of a parent. I have two grown children (a daughter and a son) and firearms have always been in the home and all were secured with the exception of the pistol I carried, it was either on me, or in my night stand when I went to bed. If I wasn't carrying the pistol or sleeping it was in the gun safe. I raised two wonderful kids but you never know if they are going through issues they don't share with you so it's best to prevent the possibility of this type of issue. I can say like a lot of people my kids grew up with firearms but they were never accessable to them with out supervision. It's that simple, a parents responsibility.

15. Rentacop

Rentacop New Member

So this is what happens when you don't lock up the guns ?

Maybe, just maybe, it would be safer to lock up the kids these days . Col. Dave Grossman says they are conditioned to kill by T.V. , movies and video games .
    Neal Knox wondered about psychotropic drugs such as Prozac .

Add a broken home and the spread of low-class cultures and who knows ?

Perhaps locking up guns can prevent accidents but murders can be committed with knives, baseball bats and gasoline . The kid would have had the means to murder anyway .

This is why I don't have kids around the house . They scare me. I don't see why anybody needs to have a kid . At least you shouldn't keep a kid unsecured in a house that has guns . Last time it was a .22 rifle and the boy killed two men. This time a 20 guage . No great harm done by liberal standards as long as it wasn't a deadly assault weapon with no legitimate purpose ! LOL

If you need companionship, buy a Chimpanzee instead . LOL

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  16. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The incidence of AWD has gotten to epidemic proportions. We MUST do something quick.

Oh and what is AWD?

A$$ Whippin' Deficient. 3 of 4 kids under 25 suffer from it.

17. WDB

WDB New Member

That is prefect Robo! Remember when being a parent required responsibility, attention and some effort?

It takes a villiage to raise a child but that child will be the village idiot!

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is a perfect explanation right there! Remember when being a kid meant actually RESPECTING your elders, mostly out of fear of getting a swat?

19. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Yeah this is unsat. The parental unit should have taken him to task with ANY mention of "gonna bust a cap" blah blah blah. I agree, this kid had gotten a pass on any kind of discipline long ago. And then get him the shotgun? I just don't know what to say.