The Hurt Locker

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lonyaeger, Jan 12, 2010.

1. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

2. failure_drill

failure_drill New Member

i did. i saw before it even came out in theaters, i was in the ghan and our reliable dvd guy got a hold of a good copy. good movie, had almost every detail down of the "life". except being a military guy i tend to pick out the stuff that didnt seem right or according to what i was trained to do. but its a good movie. kinda gives you an idea of the mentality we have when we get home. i personally wanna go back, the wife doesnt want me to.

3. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

I watched it and enjoyed it. I don't know how accurate it is, but it kept me entertained.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Theatrical Performance

Total US Gross$12,671,105

International Gross$2,600,000

Worldwide Gross$15,271,105

In limited release, NO ONE saw this movie bro....

I am just saying....:rolleyes:

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'm just sayin' JD....it came out on Bluray yesterday and I picked it up and I watched it. I had been waiting for it to come out on DVD for a long time.

I think you would like it....all of the critics LOVED it, despite it's dismal box office performance :). I don't give two hoots about how much money a film makes.

6. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Well, thank you very much for your service!

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm going to check it out. :cool:

8. ARnoob

ARnoob New Member

Attached Files:

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Thanks, I think visual aids help alot. The Barrett .50 cal might pique some more interest. I'm surprised that there aren't more FTF members excited about this film....but that's just me!:eek:

10. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I am looking forward to checking it out. It looked decent in trailers I saw when it was coming out. Just didn't have the time to see it while it was playing.

11. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Wife and I Redboxd it last night. She liked it as much as I did. Dismal Box Office numbers goes to show one of two things.

THe majority of movie goers are limp wristed puffs. Or, the people who enjoy these movies are most often offended by those ignorant assed "no guns" sign that the liberals tend to post on their theatres.............

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

THERE ya go. Well said.

13. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Or maybe it had a bad title and poor promoting.
    I'd heard the name but it sounded like some kind of comedy. Never saw any promos for it. I liked the sniper scene and will look for it in the rental store.

Thanks for the post.

14. failure_drill

failure_drill New Member

two brothers is worth seeing too, i got a copy of it when i purchased the "real" dvd at wally world

15. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

I was going to rent it, But I wasnt sure my wife would enjoy it, I opted for a safe movie, I got home and my wife said "well why didnt you get it?" Oh well, Live and learn...
    I may go get it tonight if its still available.
    I would like to see it, Im not Military, LEO, Just a normal American boy who likes to see what his boys(and girls) can do :cool:
    BTW Thanks for the Youtube video

16. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Rave reviews, and GREAT Bluray transfer, if you're so inclined. Intense. Well-made.