The highlight of my day was...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DeltaF, Sep 26, 2013.

1. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

This is a thread to post the humorous and/or enjoyable situations we find ourselves in that highlight our days and make it easier to wake up and face another one.

I'll start: the highlight of my day was setting off a bug bomb at work and watching the radio operator who cannot leave her post for any reason cough, gag, shoot me an evil look and don one of the SCBAs (self contained breathing apparatus) we keep under her desk. Seeing her sit there and attempt to cuss me out through the airtight mouth piece was priceless.

It was a tossup between that and the other hysterical moment of my day which was a mentally unstable person who continued to scream holler and make a scene demanding that we "call him a medic" because he was "constipated." To avoid fighting a mental person into handcuffs and filing a bunch of paperwork we called EMS. The tech had us hold the mental guy down while they gave him 3 different suppositories. It took the fight right out of the guy. He told us under no uncertain terms that he will not be calling for a "medic" again any time soon.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I was dispatched on a customer report today. When I got there the old lady wanted her telephone cord routed behind her television. I threw the loop over the T.V. That was a good job.

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

I woke up at 4:00am to be at work by 5:15 in order to get a flu shot.

Ok that part sucked. That wasn't the highlight of my day.

The highlight of my day was when I was done with the flu shot and back in my car by 5:30. Spent the next two hours sleeping in my car, waiting for work to start.

4. MisterMcCool

I get the flu shot every year. Way to go!

5. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Had to put a Parking Brake release cable in the van. Replacement two in 2 .5 years. Had to re-instruct the wife to pull straight back and not slightly up and back.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

Got my bike up and going a few days ago. Took my kid for a ride today. Just around the back yard at my office, never got over 15 mph, but he loved it.

Maybe it ain't funny, but it's definitely worthy of being called the highlight of my day.

7. MisterMcCool

Worthy .

8. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I get my immune boosters the natural way: I spend my life around rediculously nasty sick people. Other than the mold allergy that gives me bronchitis every few years I am like a biological tank. Nothing makes me sick. NASTY PEOPLE POWER! YEAH! :mad::cool:

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I got a computer that I had been told was beyond dead to start working again (after four months). This is long after I had already bought a replacement...

10. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Snow falling all day. Went into town and picked up some things. Cleaned an AK-47 and took a nap. The life of a "Hibernating" bear.:)

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i took some of my pain meds today for my back and hung out on the forum today! ate some leftover pizza while lurking on a few threads!:p

12. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I deal with meth and crack heads every night. Messing with them is the highlight of my night every night

13. MisterMcCool

I went through that recently. I was afraid if I took the pain medicine, I wouldn't know if I was doing more damage. Now I have a bottle of pain pills with no purpose. I want my copay back.

14. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Man you cannot make a statement like that without at least one specific instance. You just can't. It's like baking a pizza without the cheese or the toppings.

15. Axxe55

yeah, that's just dough!:eek:

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

the light of my day today was going all day wondering why my wife didnt recognize my birthday then she leans over the table at the restraunt tonite kisses me and says happy birthday :)

thats all i wanted for my birthday too

17. Axxe55

no guns or ammo? just a kiss? no card either with a gift certificate for ammo? geeeeee..................:eek:

JK Jon! Happy Birthday!:D

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

thanks.

im not much on bday or christmas gifts for myself. i get enough toys through the year.

19. sbeezy

sbeezy New Member

I'm gonna have to agree with this. Put some cheese on it at least.

20. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Happy birthday Jon! :D