The Heston Collection

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Kelly J, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Kelly J

Kelly J New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please accept my appoligy I just found out this Collection actually belonged to Bruce Stern, not Heston, I am leaving the Photos as I hate to waste good ones.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

This is Charlton Heston home?

3. Ruger Redhawk

Ruger Redhawk New Member

A friend of mine sent this same one to me a few months ago. Very impressive to say the least.
    We could only wish we were so fortunate.I don't know who it belongs to.

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

This has been going around for a couple of months - and while it has been attributed to Heston in the e-mail versions, many other sites have it belonging to a lawyer named Bruce Stern from Maine I believe.

The auction netted a now record of 12.7 million USD. Apparently the guy was a lifelong collector. He certainly had some nice taste, that is for sure.

JD

5. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

I also think it was Sterns collection. If you went and looked at the auction house's web page, it took me 2 hrs of paging thru the list of firearms that were up for auction. Like he had 10 1919, 3 FG42 (these are so rare that they can go upwards of $200,000 ea). It really blew may socks away.

Most of the weapons were sold for current market price - there were no deals.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

He might have been one of the few guys who could have mounted an assault on YOUR compound. :cool:

JD

7. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

No - Not even close

8. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Mr. Heston lived in Beverly Hills.
    This house is not in Beverly Hills.

This is a very impressive collection,
    but I really doubt it belonged to Chuck Heston. ​