The Heck With Gay MMA, Jousting Is Teh Manly!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ScottG, Jul 16, 2010.

1. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Which of ye varlets dost have the spine to run full tilt?

2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Gonna have to pass on that sport.:eek:

3. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Jousting is the state sport of Maryland. Ironic that a state that has a list of approved handguns has a sport as violent as jousting as the official state sport.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Maybe if i could use a giant ostrich like on the old video game.

6. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

I have been to the fair where the headline picture was taken.
    It was years ago, but awesome. They had mud wrestling, jousting, sword swallowing, fire breathing and.... an annoying parrot.

7. bigbad-ratman

bigbad-ratman New Member

I would point out the hypocrasy in calling MMA gay when you are endorsing a sport in which two men are charging towards each carrying large phallic shaped objects riding large hairy beasts. But I am not going to...

8. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Horses, edged weapons... I could get into this.

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The bucket list for me includes riding a horse, gotta squeeze that in this year. But if I do well with the horse riding part, you guys know me.....

10. orangello

orangello New Member

If you get one that likes to trot, be prepared for some soreness in the gnad area. I learned to ask them to let some air out of the hooves first, for a softer ride; then they go pick you a nag that won't jostle the jewels. Overall, i don't care too much for the horse thing, but their cruise control is FAR beyond the abilities of my car.

11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Cup? Steel codpiece?:confused:

12. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Benning Boy! Our resident Renaissance Man! He can - and will - do anything he sets his mind to! :D

Hey Benning look! A squirrel! :p

13. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah? Well I bought a horse once. An Arabian. Supposed to be a pure breed from R.O. Lervick.

That damn thing was about the most sickly, genetically inferior beast on the planet. Allergic to everything. Had to have a special bit, a special saddle, special horseshoes and the damn vet was on speed dial from the wall mounted phone right outside of his damn stable. My G/F at the time just HAD to have it when it came up for sale. It was supposed to be a "great investment".

Well, I got two words for that little escapade. First one starts with "F" :mad:

Jousting however, if I still had that horse, I would take up just to get an insurance policy on good old "Zues" and wait for the "accident". :eek:

14. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Dude, I own armor....:mad:

15. ScottG

ScottG New Member

16. orangello

orangello New Member

I wonder if anyone has ever combined paintball & jousting? A giant foam pool noodle with a bag of paint on the end would look darn hilarious when the horse got up to speed. :D

I am reminded of the limp javelin in that Revenge of the Nerds movie.

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

18. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Benning, if you ever want to go gaucho you're more than welcome to come down here and use my horses. No ghey arabians, though.

"Pato" (duck), our national sport, makes jousting look like something little girls in pretty pink dresses would do. :)

19. ScottG

ScottG New Member

What do you call a ghey arabians mount?

A goat....

20. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Francisco,

Is "Pato" where you chase the steer and grab his tail and drag him around and off his feet? I've always want to do that. My horse is a great cow pony and is cut trained.

Opps, just googled it.. man was I way off base. Still, looks like fun and I'd love to try it.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010