The " Have You Scored Lately" Thread !

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by CapnJack, Feb 18, 2013.

1. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Always be ready to raise your fists before u raise your shirt. We don't need anyone running around with "gun muscles".

2. WAHOOMAN

WAHOOMAN New Member

Scored three 50 round boxes of PPU .45 Caliber at WM. The salesperson rolled out the cart with ammo at 0700. No 22LR.

3. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Went to Walmart earlier for some pencils for the kids, naturally I had to stop by the ammo. They had 5.56 out the rear, also a 250 pk of 40 s&w and box of 50 ct 40 s&w. I didnt buy any cause I have enough, but I still feel like I scored! Hope someone who actually needs it gets it first.

4. Sparrowe

Sparrowe New Member

People like 1 turkeyhunter will get the ammo supply back to where we once had it. Not hoarding and buying ammo just to resale it at a higher price is where we all need to be. I'm sure 1turkeyhunter sure may someone happy. Hopefully it was a needy shooter.

5. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

Agreed! Last Week I stopped at two seperate LGS and passed on ammo that they had in stock but did not need...the folks behind the counter were surprised when I commented on the good price but passed so others who needed it worse than I could have a chance. One place had about 18 boxes of 50 rd. .22 american eagle (still feel like I want more bUT what I have is good enough Bc I will not shoot any in the next two Weeks) and the other was 12 ga. Kent (WV produced and shoots great) Bc I have a 50 cal. Ammo can full of 12 ga. already. Passing so others who need it can purchase is the only way to bring it back for sure!

6. javelin225HO

javelin225HO New Member

3250 rounds of 22lr fed auto match.

7. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Went to a shoot yesterday bought 8mm Mauser dies for 15$, 100 .357 emptys for 10$, 200 small pistol primers (all they had) for 2$!. Also bought a brass brush for 1$ and two small bottles of paint for front sights for .50 each.

8. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

That awkward moment when your Walmart has .25 auto, 500 s&w, .35 Whalen and .300 ultra mag but no .22

9. 4sig

4sig Member

.22lr have been very scarce here so I prepaid for a brick 2 weeks ago. Yesterday went to Dicks sporting goods 15 minutes before they opened to see if ant ammo came in. Salesman stuck his head out the door and said truck due in in an hour. Went to local hardware store a bought a brick plus 100 rounds of 9mm. Then went back to Dicks and sure enough was able to get another brick. Go home and got a call from my LGS that my prepaid order had arrived. Great day for me on the ammo front. Maybe things are starting to ease up.

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

We have forum members visually threatening to shoot other box store customers over bricks of 22 ammo?

The best friend you have had in a long time is the guy you jumped, that did not call the police on you. Reviewing security tapes, would have had you getting three hots and a cot for a very long time, not to mention you loosing your gun rights on this planet forever.

You should rethink that move, and park that handgun in a safe until such time you are responsible enough to carry one.

11. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Walmart app . said a neighboring towns 11 miles away had two to three rounds Available and the 420 round ammo can. Guy at the counter said they just sold all of them. But the app for like a hour later still said in stock. I bet that guy has some stashed so he can buy after work.
    That would be totally BS
    That he does this every time they come in its like the only store around that carries the ammo can 420s

12. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Stopped at the Richfield, WI Cabela's Friday, grabbed three boxes of Winchester 9mm 147 gr NATO FMJ. Was all gone when I went back down the aisle.

Also picked up 4 boxes of CCI 22 lr mini mag hp at Walmart this morning.

13. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo New Member

Had a similar experience, this week, with CCI Mini Mags. None on shelf, but for two days app showed "limited stock". I believe it to be a glitch in the app / system.
    It's obviously not perfect and i can't seem to see all the ammo I know they carry, especially .38 Special. I've searched every way I can think of and it never shows in results.

14. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

What's a fair price on Winchester small pistol primers? 1000pk

15. aandabooks

aandabooks Active Member

With prices right now $35 would be a decent price.

16. mich1377usmc

mich1377usmc Member

^^+++1 I was thinking between 35 to 40 not bad price at this time, seen some at last gun show 65 to 75 & laughed in the dudes face.... LOL

17. austin92

austin92 Well-Known Member

Glad I didn't buy them at 50$ then. Not a score lol