The good guys

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by jimogden1984, Aug 17, 2013.

1. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

in a recent thread a member thought myself and some other participants were cop bashing. At first I thought he was just reading into it too much and getting all butt hurt over nothing. Then as I read more I realize he's right. I see all sorts of threads about cops who abuse power or are just plain a$$holes. I was thinking I'd be a good thing to have a thread about officers who go above and beyond. It doesn't have to be just cops, it would be good to have a reminder in all public service occupations. Here's one I found.

http://www.theapexherald.com/view/f...d-for-going-above-and-beyond-the-call-of-duty

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I'd like to point out there IS a difference between cop bashing and calling out bad cops.

I agree with this thread though. How about that NYPD officer who gave that homeless man some shoes.

[​IMG]

3. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

I agree but when we do nothing but call out the bad guys it can be hard to tell the difference. And im just as bad about it as anyone. I can't think of the last time I had a conversation about a good cop

4. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

In any large organisation you get good and bad the police are no different. I think most join for the right reasons and do their best.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

simply because the bad ones get the media coverage. sad but true.

bad cops should be persecuted and punished to the full extent of the law.

good cops should be honored and praised.

that simple.

6. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

It's the same with gun owners. The only time we get National coverage is when something bad happens and I know how we all feel about that

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

this is true. sad but true.

this was a good idea for a thread BTW!:D

8. jimogden1984

jimogden1984 New Member

Thank you.