The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

Drag home from where? Shop #3?

EclecticShooter and Rifling82 like this.
  2. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Only have 2 shops Iowa ..... so far . My bigger things are at shop 2 in the country . I had to buy the land because I ran out of space here .
    smokey.JPG cleaned up.JPG Fix sideing.JPG

3. IowaShooter

Now that's a shop! :)

EclecticShooter likes this.
  4. OLD Ron

You will have to drop by some time Iowa & we can blast a few targets Iowa . Not set up yet but will be . first target.JPG

5. OLD Ron

Well almost ready for the gun auction .
    It will be a interesting day seeing what things bring . I don't hold out much hope for buying a gun but the antiques I may score with . I don't mind coming home with the same money I left with . A few times I have even came home with more than I started with . ( doesn't happen often )

6. OLD Ron

The auction was fun . 8 hours is a long time to be at one . Didn't buy a gun ! The ones I liked went to high & the ones that were at a good price I didn't like . I did manage to buy a few things that are still in the car . Tomorrow I will dig them out & snap a few pictures .

IowaShooter and EclecticShooter like this.
  7. IowaShooter

In which town was the auction? We attended our niece's wedding, so couldn't have gone to the auction anyway. Just curious...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  8. OLD Ron

It was in Dubuque Iowa . ( real close to the end of the world )
    I managed to drag the stuff out m& look it over . The shooting stand will take some building but the steel was cheap . The rest goes into my stash ..... if I can find the room . The Mauser cleaning kits ...... well never know may own one some day . lol
    The blanks I will most likely move on down the road . ( not a wood carver here ) auction stuff.JPG stand.JPG

9. OLD Ron

Have been thinking about the seat ...... I need a better than wood one for my buttt to be on for shooting . The design is going crazy in my small brain on that whole set up .

10. OLD Ron

Managed a little prep work on the barrels I plan to rust blue . Was fun getting back at them after all the other things got in the way . Not ready yet .... but getting there & to try this rust blue project .

Attached Files:

Rifling82 and EclecticShooter like this.
  11. IowaShooter

Doing the barrel inside too? From what I read (no personal experience) there is no need to plug the barrel

12. OLD Ron

I will coat the inside with varnish ( couple coats as was suggested on here ) then blue them . Getting the polish to a point I like is the tough part & I have no idea if the steam pipe will even work for this . My hot box still could use explosion proof covers for the lights . I know I have a couple ..... just can't find them & have looked a few times .

13. OLD Ron

Rain day here so inside shop work will be how I spend my day . Finding ways to make more space & organize my treasures is at the top of my list . I spent a lot of time rebuilding 2 weed whackers .... now to wet to use them . I do plan to get a little work on guns done today too . My way of mixing some fun work with boring work .

14. OLD Ron

Just when I thought I was getting ahead a bit with my mess ...... phone call came in .
    I have to go put in a offer on another estate . A house of things .....2 buildings of things ....a barn full of things .....& last but not least a large storage unit of things . This will make the summer interesting !

Caveman Jim and EclecticShooter like this.
  15. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

About time for shop #3 or 4?

OLD Ron and EclecticShooter like this.
  16. EclecticShooter

EclecticShooter Well-Known Member

Lordy. That sounds awesome. Too bad I'm plum across the country!

17. OLD Ron

I may sound like I am griping about that stuff but I am really not . It (to me ) is fun to dig around things & see if there is neat things to be found . I have done this many years now so not a lot gets to me . The not knowing what will be found is always exciting to me . They said that they wanted to sell the house & land is why this needs to get done . I will ask the price & if I can swing it I would buy that too . As a side line this is a fun way to buy things but it is a lot of work too .So far I have been real lucky with the ones I have bought . I will know more when or if I get a chance to go look at it . I did mention guns but no response on that so no idea if there are any there to be had .

18. OLD Ron

Looking like a nice day coming on here .....but cold ! 50s in June . Can't wait to see what life throws my way today . Some job work needs doing but after that it is wide open for new things & some of the old things . If a call comes & I go look at the estate I plan this time to take a camera to get pictures of what it looks like on day one . Usually there isn't a lot of time for that because it rolls really fast . Make the deal ..... pay cash ..... start loading trucks & trailers .... find a place to store & sort it ..... keep saying " oh crap what have I done " :D

19. IowaShooter

Do you resell items to try and make a profit eventually? Or store it and just chuckle at all the stuff your heirs will have to dig through? :)

Sounds like you are American Pickers without the TV show !

20. OLD Ron

Usually I sell most of what I buy . If I didn't what I have would be 20 times worse than it is . When I had TV I watched that show & it always upset me that they left so much good stuff . My brother knows those guys & said I was doing it before they were born . My parents did that all my life so I guess that is where I get it . I do chuckle at times & tell people if they are not nice to me I will leave it all to them ! I have even told my dad that I was going to die first & he can figure out what to do with my treasures . It takes a long time to sell some things but others go quick & others never sell . I am interested in all sorts of things & know a lot of people & what they like or want me to look for for them . I have bought things at auctions & sold them before I got back home . It is a nice side line to have & it gets me away from my work & hobbies . I have bought things that were called junk & held on to them & made good money on them . Storage has always been a problem . Most everything I have has a story behind it & I sometimes pass it along with the item if the buyer wants to hear it . I have traveled a lot & always drag something home with me . Over the years I have been called ... pack rat ..... hoarder .... nut case ..... & I probably am a bit of each . I take pride in the fact that no one can ever say I don't pay my bills .....& I always keep my word ..... I treat people the way they treat me . Boring story but that's my life in a nut shell .

Rifling82 and EclecticShooter like this.