The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Could ya use some of those sled dogs on a treadmill??

Caveman Jim, OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  2. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

I got out of the sled dogs a little over 20 years ago. I'd wanted to do a dogsled caribou hunt, but just couldn't manage to have time, money and a good truck at the same time.

OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.

3. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

A variable speed drill , dremel, saber saw all are 120 . Even a sewing machine can slow down with a foot control . Has to be a way .

4. freefall

I thought the same thing. Obviously just not the way I tried.

5. OLD Ron

I need to slow down on coming to this forum !
    You guys have so many good ideas that I need to do here ...... no time for shooting !
    Like this one Chain just posted .
    .jpg

EclecticShooter and Rifling82 like this.
  6. OLD Ron

I managed to get the steam pipe a lot better . ( not shaky ) Hot water on my flip flops while I have them on is not a good idea . If time this week allows I plan to fire it up & see what else is needed to make it better & safer to use . I have 2 test guns to run through this process . With the wait time between processes I should be able to do both of them the same day . I will probably use one of my hot tanks for the oil soak process over night . Have always wondered if heating the oil then put the parts in hot oil then letting it cool over night might make a better blue ?

EclecticShooter likes this.
  7. OLD Ron

Lots of real job work to do this week . Really cuts into gun projects & shop time .
    It doesn't look like the Chicago run will happen this week . ( maybe next week )
    With 3 weeks of rain now the outside things will be a mess to get at . 6 acres of grass to cut at shop 2 will be loads of fun with the nats . That is if it ever drys up enough to cut it . I have a brush hog for the tractor but that doesn't do a nice finish job .

EclecticShooter and Rifling82 like this.
  8. OLD Ron

After reading on here about .32 cal hand guns . I couldn't recall if I had any . ( old age ) Looked around a bit & yep I have a .32 .
    Savage .32.JPG

9. OLD Ron

Not a bad day outside the shop . Managed to get a weed wacker finally going & cut some way over due weeds down . Getting the to do list down a bit so maybe can get some gun work in if it rains like they say it will .

10. OLD Ron

No rain here .... yet so may be another outside day catching up . I need to put a lift pump in my F800 but it is a crappy job & if it rains it would be just worse . I need that truck to do some high up work so sooner I get it running the sooner I can get those things done at shop 2 . Riding in a bucket is a lot more fun than up & down a ladder .
    My shooting lane is getting over grown & a lot of trees need trimming . That reminds me that I need to do some work on the bullet trap I mad too . ... The list goes on .

11. OLD Ron

Did a test run on the steam pipe ...... works & the pipe gets hot ..... need welding gloves for that puppy to take off . Running low on excuses for not trying this way out .
    makes steam.JPG

12. OLD Ron

Some tough choices to make today ...... put lift pump on truck at shop 2 ....... Polish gun barrels ....... cut grass & trim trees . One is fun the other 2 are needed .

13. OLD Ron

It was a tough day at shop 2 yesterday . I didn't think when I got this old I would have to work so hard . It might be that because I am old the work is harder .
    Managed to get some grass cut ..... it was as tall as my riding lawn mower ... & that was in the good places . Managed to get the lift pump in the f800 ..... jacked up a semi trailer ... 12 times ..... during all this the nats were trying to eat me alive .
    Today is attack shop 1 ..... if I can walk that is .:p

EclecticShooter and ellis36 like this.
  14. OLD Ron

OH CRAP !
    Just heard on the radio that there is a big gun auction estate this weekend here in town . I have never seen one that the prices are right ..... yet I still will go & watch the madness . I knew the guy & he had some really nice things . At worst it will be a nice day out of the shop & away from work .

15. freefall

Sounds like fun, Ol'ron! Wish I could go with you!

Rifling82 likes this.
  16. OLD Ron

Alaska to Iowa ...... yep that could be a long drive .
    It is fun to the point when you see people paying more for guns there than new prices . The old military things might have a bargain hidden in there . I was reading the list of guns & there was only 34 listed . He had over 200 so I think there was cherry picking before the listing . His gun safe was 14' x 20' all re enforced concrete with a bank vault door . ( now that's my dream of a gun safe ! ) It was put in then the house built over it . I wonder what people that buy that house will think when they see that . With enough money we all could have some really cool stuff .

17. OLD Ron

With the sun out & no rain it has been a ball being outside ( minus the gnats )
    Almost nice enough to drag home my big pressure washer & clean my deck ( finally )
    May hold off on that until it really gets hot .... then play in water . Loads of landscape work to get caught up on . This thing really does a good job . Even makes my rock wall look new again .
    cleaner.JPG

18. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Now THAT'S a pressure washer!!!

ellis

Rifling82 and EclecticShooter like this.
  19. OLD Ron

:cool: And it heats too ellis . With the fine tip on it will cut wood & feet . I always had problems with grease on equipment at shop 2 until I bought that beast . Throw on 5 gal. of soap & I am a portable car wash ..... I may need the extra money after the gun auction tomorrow .:eek:

20. freefall

Oooh, buy something cool for me!
    Not that I will reimburse you for it or anything crazy like that....