The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. EclecticShooter

EclecticShooter Well-Known Member

2. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

I do mostly shoot hand guns but have more long guns than hand . The pictures are of my spring gun cleaning & oiling . It takes a long time to go over all them . I used to shoot a lot more than now . Older , slower , less time to shoot . I seem to buy more guns than I have time to go shoot . ( and I have my own range ) I just get busy doing way to many other things . But it is a good life & I am not complaining . I have never met a gun I didn't like .... just a lot I can't afford to buy . 5k is a lot of money to me for one gun .

Caveman Jim and EclecticShooter like this.

3. EclecticShooter

EclecticShooter Well-Known Member

I'm a handgunner myself. I don't get to shoot as much as I did a year ago. College plus everything else keeps me busy.
    5k is a ton for a gun. The most I've ever spent on one gun is $930, although it was worth more than that. My Colt Diamondback that Dad gave me is worth a good bit too.

OLD Ron likes this.
  4. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome from Iowa also. Little town of Buffalo south of Davenport.

5. OLD Ron

Thanks outlaw I am straight north of you around 70 miles . Sooner or later spring will find us . The river here is still flooding as I guess it is down your way . We may be heading for another crappy summer cutting grass between rain showers.

6. Oldoutlaw

It sure is looking that way. NWS shows the river to crest in a few days at over 21.2 feet
    late Tuesday night. All time record flood was here at 22.6 feet. Any rain for the next week or two up north towards you may turn into a near catastrophe down here for many people and businesses. Quite an area of downtown Davenport is already under water and has been for weeks now.

7. OLD Ron

We are at 23 feet now & more rain is here now . Flood is 17 feet so yep it is a mess & getting worse every day . Am real happy I live on a big hill . Why people like to live so close to the river is beyond me . It is not a nice clear lake .... it is a muddy mess with fish fly s every year . I would not eat anything that came out of there . The river traffic is as bad as an interstate . Many years ago it wasn't so bad but now I stay away from it .

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

That list of 12 suppliers could be helpful to a lot of us if you get a chance to post them.

9. OLD Ron

1. www.brownells.com
      www.poppertsgunparts.com
      Bob's Gun Shop at www.gun-parts.com, or [email protected] and (501) 767-1970
      www.colt380.com
      Out Back Gun Parts (812) 945-0480
      www.jackfirstgun.com (605) 343-9544
      www.gunpartscorp.com
      Rusted&Busted Bob's Box 24 Whitmore Ca. 96096
      www.yourgunparts.com
      Western Gun Parts, www.westerngunparts.com/default.htm, 1-403-489-5711 (Canada)
      Jim Wisner (206/360) 748-8942 www.wisnerinc.com (mfg. of rare parts)
      www.sarcoinc.com
      Ken's Parts and Guns in Irving, TX
      www.wisnersinc.com 360-748-4590 (obsolete firearms parts)
      www.thedealershowroom.com
      Glend Arms Mfg. Co., PO Box 361, Secane, Pa. 19018 (manufacturer of firing pins)
      Marstar Canada www.marstar.ca (British Commonwealth military arms)
      www.coltparts.com
      www.ssporters.com (parts for curios and relics)
      Liberty Antique Gunworks, 19 Key St., Eastport, Me. 04631 (207) 853-4116
      (obsolete S&W parts)
      www.savvysurvivor.com/handguns_and_handgun_magazines_f.htm
      Hoosier Gun Parts, www.hoosiergunworks.com
      Marty's Gunsmithing, 371 Spring Valley Rd. Elko, NV. 89801 Ph. (207)738-2666 (obsolete Remington parts)
      www.oldwestgunsmith.com, [email protected] (old handguns, esp. Smith & Wesson parts)
      www.vintagesporting.com
      www.robertrtg.com
      www.leesgunparts.com
      Miga Gun Parts, a division of Midway Guns, PO Box 569, 9754 E Oglethorpe
      Hwy, Midway, GA 31320, Phone: 912-884-5616 or 884-5597, e-mail:
      [email protected], www.galleryofguns.com, Ask for Penny
      Dixie Gun Works in Union City Tenn (Colt and replica handgun parts)
      John A. Kopec (916)472-3438 (Colt grips)
      Egyptian Helwan parts: M&M Gunsmithing (703)739-2150
      Old West Parts Bin, 1463 Funston Ave., San Francisco,Ca. 94122 (antique guns)
      Stevens Sight & Tool Co., RD 1 Box 307C, Effort,Pa. 18330 (215)681-5670 (Old Stevens firearms)
      Ed Cox..Circle C X Antiques. PO Bx 2197, Fernley Nv. 89408 (775)575-6205 (old handguns)
      Springfield Sporters, (724) 254-2626, Mon-Fri 0900 to 1700 hrs EST/EDT
      www.germanguns.de/exportindex.htm (German and maybe some other European firearms.)
      PHH,Inc., 1330 Center Ave.,Pittsburgh,Pa. 15229 Ph#412-766-6100 (Ruger parts)
      havlinsales.com for Mossberg stuff- ESPECIALLY older Mossberg 22 rifles

For more listings go to www.brownells.com/categories.aspx?c=4815

This was all found by sc shooter & he posted in gunsmith . It is a better list than I had . By looking around this forum you will find all sorts of useful things .
    2. I hope this helps chain

Page 1 of 2
    1 2 Next >
    [​IMG]

Caveman Jim and EclecticShooter like this.
  10. OLD Ron

New parts can be hard to find but the old parts can be a bear to find . After doing a lot of searching & no luck I ask in the forum . Members have found things for me at their LGS or had one they would let go of . This can be a real good place for all of us to network & help each other where needed . What works for me is to stay out of drama & be real with anyone I meet on here or in the real world .

Caveman Jim, Rifling82, RKB and 2 others like this.
  11. Oldoutlaw

Well, so much for the 21.2 crest down here. Already over that by a bit today. They predict now 22.4 ft. Record is 22.6 in Davenport. My town of Buffalo has flooded streets and Highway 22 is flat closed now. Same to the South going to Muscatine. I expect now the National Guard may soon arrive like they usually do at this point. Along with the Sheriffs Dept.

I live 1/2 mile North of the river and on high ground. Already today we are seeing unsavory people come up our gravel street only to find it is a dead end. I'm not at all surprised as I have seen this a number of times before. My big dog is going crazy warning us of strange vehicles today. Now the burglaries will probably start once more.

Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.
  12. OLD Ron

I hope they stand down in your area outlaw but the stupid ones seem to never do . The dams were put in to control the river ..... we see every year how that is working out . Here they bought a bunch of windmills so now our electric will jump 25% . That is to save us money ? I guess they figure with more people working .... may as well jack up prices of everything . It is a silly town I am in & soon as I can I'm moving to my place in the country . More rain all this week so no telling what that will do . No idea what our record is but we have to be getting close to it for the flooding .
    Keep the dog awake outlaw & your eyes open too !

13. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Give the dog a .38.

OLD Ron likes this.
  14. Oldoutlaw

He doesn't need one. Wife and I can handle the guns. I pulled two more 16" AR's out today and another three pistols. We always have guns strategically located in every room of the house.

While writing this, dog went nuts. A person was walking up this road in the dark. Dog alerted and person ran into the darkness real fast. Looks like they are on the move again. Checking for easy pickings I guess. Wrong place!!!

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and Rifling82 like this.
  15. OLD Ron

Sad days when the dirt bags are on the hunt ! If they spent 1/2 as much time working as they do finding ways to rip people off ..... they wouldn't need to be a dirt bag. Usually they go for soft targets with no one home . With the dog there they can't get close enough to see .
    More rain today & tonight .... saying some hail too . Nice way to go into spring .

16. OLD Ron

My shop will be under attack today with cleaning & organizing stuff . It is a big job but I need to get started at it . Will be dragging a garbage can around with me . :cool:

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  17. OLD Ron

I took a few pictures of the shop area . I will keep those on my computer to remind me every day to get that mess cleaned up . Wish I had kids or a wife to blame for this mess . :cool:
    I have a lot of work to do outside this year & don't want to face a mess at the end of every day . The big push is to get enough room for my rust blueing box set up for the summer here . I only have 2 guns right now to do but there are a few others that could use it too . Thinking of trying accelerated rust blueing .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  18. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Ron
    Man I hope you do not ever have an Earth Quake Tremor! All those Ammo Cans could kill you!:p Nice pieces I might add.
    How I transfer pictures is I take them with my Cannon Camera then transfer them to my Laptop. I enter my thread or post on the FTF. Then I click *Upload a File. Then go to my picture on the Lap Top, select the picture. Click Edit on my Lap Top to the correct size I want. Usually 450 to 600 pixels. Then Save it on the Laptop and *Open it, it will transfer to the FTF when you post your Thread.

19. OLD Ron

Thanks Sniper ...... If that would happen the attic would crush me then the main floor would hit the basement then boom all over ! lol None of us are getting out alive so have fun untill your ticket gets punched .:cool:

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  20. OLD Ron

Bought a speed controller for my buffing wheels today . That will be a better way to control it when using the carding wheel .