The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Some day I will get those all together & snap a picture just for you Rifling .
    You probably wouldn't like the group of Smith s I have .
    Guys on here have way more nice guns than I do but I am happy with the little group I have . They all are fun to shoot .
    When I was told I has 15 min. to qualify I quick grabbed my python & shooting box & off to the range I went . The guy at the range about fell over when I pulled that old girl out . First thing I asked was ...... Is that the biggest target you have ? ..... He laughed & I qualified first time around . Grabbed my certificate & out the door .
    He was happy & so was I .I hadn't shot target in over a year . Made me wonder if I still could shoot .

Caveman Jim, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  2. OLD Ron

This looks like a done stamp to me .
    done a.JPG done b.JPG

3. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Very nice work.. I like it a lot.. Great job

OLD Ron likes this.
  4. OLD Ron

Thanks Peejay .
    It really is fun to bring things back when they are close to lost . In my eyes the old things have more class & are worth saving .
    It's that or just another excuse for me to surround myself with clutter :rolleyes:

PeeJay1313 and Rifling82 like this.
  5. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

No eyeroll necessary.. 100% agree.. I like to bring things like that home. Would look fabulous in my bourbon room with a bottle of Jack on top..

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. OLD Ron

Good day yesterday .
    Did my to do list & a couple other things .
    Making up some pork chops & potatoes in the crock pot for dad & me for supper . They were on sale so I bought 10 ..... that should be enough for the 2 of us .
    Light snow here now so will throw some wood in & see what I can get into around here .
    I should work on the new inventory list ...... but I really hate paper work .
    Still need more room to get the blueing set up .
    I know if I go in the rescue room I will be there a couple hours just poking around .

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. OLD Ron

The garage area is a tough one to work on .
    Way to much stuff in there !
    Working on a big machine right in the way makes a tough job more bad .
    Not to mention it is still cold in there ..... not stupid cold but nippy . Still staying out of the rescue room :cool:

8. OLD Ron

Good progress going on in the garage ..... tough to see but it really is better .
    There is blueing stuff in this.JPG

Caveman Jim, towboater and Oldoutlaw like this.
  9. OLD Ron

Now that it has been mentioned ....... I do feel like a ground hog running around my trails & digging new ones in my den .

Thanks for that image Rifling 82 :p

10. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

That's real good-looking piano stool, Ron! Here is the one that belongs to my Baldwin piano that dates from 1896.

ellis

P1020877.jpg
    P1020879.jpg

11. OLD Ron

That is way cool to know the back story about things . No idea when mine was made . I just like the looks of those .
    Now I own a piano stool with no piano ..... 2 saddles & no horses .... there may be a pattern there :cool:

12. jackrich3

jackrich3 Well-Known Member Supporter

13. OLD Ron

In that group of pictures the one in lower right corner is a S&W .41
    Those pictures were back when I still had some floor space ...... today ..... not so much .
    And thanks for the welcome !

jackrich3 and Rifling82 like this.
  14. OLD Ron

Good day yesterday.
    Dad liked his pork chops & I made progress in the garage.
    Today is get some heat going again & jump back in the piles . Had a glass jar of polly bust all on its own . That was a mess to clean up .
    There is enough room to do blueing but would like to get more room if I can . Once I start I am committed so need all the space I can get to work in . Doing a new process it takes a lot of planning . Good thing is that it is a cheap rifle . No idea how this will turn out .

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  15. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

16. OLD Ron

Way funny !!!!!
    There have been days like that . To many days like that . That is a small look at the herder's estate I bought . I hate to think how many times I sorted the same thing . First trip to the shop it goes kinda like this ......sort box into other boxes ..... junk ....may be used .....maybe can sell ..... things to keep but no place to put it ...... things to give away ...... Then as the pile goes down & things go out it get easier to deal with .

17. OLD Ron

Yesterday went right in the crapper ..... had to do service work . So today will get my mask & hard hat on & give it another try . Good news is ... I finally put a coat of clear in that rifle barrel for rusting . The parts list is going slow . Redoing inventory list didn't even start . Was a slacker in the shop . :)

18. OLD Ron

lost kids.JPG Dug out a couple lost kids that need help .
    They will take a lot of help to get back in shape ..... but good practice !
    lost kids.JPG

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  19. OLD Ron

The cylinder on the tip up falls out when open ..... so that needs a look at . They a couple of gems so some parts will probably be needed . No idea yet who made them yet . Should ask in the gunsmith area .

towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  20. OLD Ron

Found the gun makers & cleaned a area in the garage for blueing . Things are getting better every day . Keep this up & I will zoom through projects & rescues !
    Shook my head when I removed a row of things in the way & discovered more projects to do sitting there . Just primitive tools that need cleaning to be hung up on the wall ........ that is if there is a wall back there !
    :p

Caveman Jim, towboater and Oldoutlaw like this.