The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. EclecticShooter

EclecticShooter Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum from SW Virginia! Great job on restoring those pieces. I hope to do some of that in the future.

2. Maser

Maser Well-Known Member

Welcome from the gun friendly state of CA!

3. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

The river here is small ..... only about a mile wide . We do get a lot of barge traffic & river boats up here .

towboater likes this.
  4. OLD Ron

PA bUSH THOSE LOOK GREAT !
    iT IS NICE TO SEE THE OLD GIRLS BACK IN WORKING ORDER & RESPECTED AGAIN .
    Crap the caps were locked on ..... ( my bad ) I don't type well .

PaBushMan likes this.
  5. OLD Ron

Thanks eclectic ....... just jump in & learn as you go . Before 3 years ago I just did small repairs & hot blueing . Then boom ..... have a room full of tools & rescue guns .
    In the bunch I bought there is a Hepburn I really want to build . All I need is a barrel & wood for it . lol
    Hepburn.jpg

6. OLD Ron

You are close ...... 90 miles south of me . May need to get together one day & blast some targets at my home made range .

7. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

Welcome from a spit and a fart NW of Cambridge England.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  8. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

Holy cow OLD Ron! Got BRASS?

Caveman Jim and EclecticShooter like this.
  9. OLD Ron

Thanks tac .
    Spit & fart ! lmao

EclecticShooter likes this.
  10. OLD Ron

That is a old picture ...... I have a lot more now plus a ammo safe full of cans loaded .
    Really I am happy that I have so much loaded up because my bench is now full of gun parts & tools . I started powder coating cast bullets a couple years ago & haven't had a chance to load or shoot them yet . I had a lot more brass but sold a pick up load to make room here . PC first try.JPG rescue room.JPG

11. SGWGunsmith

12. OLD Ron

With gun rescue ..... it takes a lot of time to do so shooting doesn't happen as much as in days past . If I had the skills I imagine you do gunsmith I would probably get them done a lot faster & most likely way better than I do . So I just plod along & do the best I can .Having a lot of fun too . Finding the parts that are missing can really be a pain & then get the wrong part sent to me sucks too . That is about the only down side to this adventure .

13. SGWGunsmith

I can imagine, just trying to catalog the bunch of parts you received, must be a daunting task as is.

towboater and EclecticShooter like this.
  14. boatdoc

boatdoc Member

welcome to the forum

15. tac foley

tac foley Well-Known Member

Aw shux, you shouldn't have tidied up just for us, y'know....we don't mind a bit of clag.

16. OLD Ron

It was a really tough job at first with everything all mixed together . Then finding parts on hand for guns I have never seen or owned added to the adventure of finding what was needed . The internet with parts lists for the guns I was putting together really helped a lot . I thought a local gunsmith would be a lot of help . So I took a 700 action to him & asked how to put a spring in for it . He looked at it & said it would take a couple days & cost $50 . I said thanks & then showed him how it went in . To say the least I haven't went back .

17. OLD Ron

Oh it is a lot worse than that picture ! lol But getting better every week ...... ok some weeks .

18. OLD Ron

Well another nice day on tap here at the Zoo .
    I plan to work in shop 1 today & open all the doors & windows to let the fresh air in . Get my flip flops on & make some room to work on guns . Get ready for summer & some shooting at my lane . Had some fun with the lane last summer so why not do it again . I made a bullet trap that worked really well but needs some tweaking to make it better . long wasy off.JPG scared him.JPG

Caveman Jim likes this.
  19. OLD Ron

Was sorting & have a bunch of barrels to make guns out of lol barrels.JPG

AZdave, towboater and SGWGunsmith like this.
  20. OLD Ron

If I ever get the actions I have done then building might be fun ...... maybe .
    With all the stuff it would be a lot easier with a bigger shop . 60 x 100 should do it with 20' sidewalls . lol Only thing stopping me is money ! lol

Caveman Jim, AZdave and towboater like this.