Firearms Talk banner

3241 - 3260 of 3593 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
It took me 8 months & I don't know how much money to get my project house brainfart ready to sell . My time was all split up doing shop 3 / 4 build & a bunch of other things last summer too . I needed a break & winter has given me that .:D
Not me.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,243
Spending a lot of time here with all sorts of things I was going to see if I could fix someday . :rolleyes:
While sorting .... cleaning ..... organizing ...... now i am fixing ..... or tossing the broken peace of crap out mode ! :p
I have a early service call to get done so the day will be a mix ..... again .:eek:

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
21 degrees and clear now. High of 60 today. Yesterday, got all the trim painted and put up. Started on window casements.
Today, my youngest son is coming over for help installing the latest doodad on his car. Projection headlights i think.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,245
21 degrees and clear now. High of 60 today. Yesterday, got all the trim painted and put up. Started on window casements.
Today, my youngest son is coming over for help installing the latest doodad on his car. Projection headlights i think.
Sounds like you are on the down hill slide of getting the house ready .
The car project will be a nice change for the day . :D

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,247
Cloudy & 22 . Not bad for this time of year .
Banks all closed so may be a nice slow day . :p
Probably not :oops:
When I came back to the shop yesterday ...... first thought when I walked in ....... I have been robbed ! :p not accustomed to seeing space & can actually walk in . Hanging things on the walls is a great idea ..... until you run out of walls ! :p I need to figure a way to have more walls at shop 3 & 4 . With all the cubby holes I have planned it shouldn't be a problem . 6 three sided rooms on one end 10 x 12 will give some walls .;)
Shooting for work on projects & make some cherry cheese cake for today . :rolleyes:
Oil on grips ..... clear on the stock ..... some more buffing & get the tools out for blueing should make it a fun day . ;)

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,248
19 rain/ice/snow o_O
One service call already this a.m. ....... looking like a real crapper of a day on tap .
Yesterday went great :rolleyes: ...... ended up doing sorting ...... service call ..... paper work ..... cleaning . The sorting was just to be in the rescue room to make more room to work . 3 hours later it looked a lot better :) ..... I think there is more room :eek:
Grabbed a tub to sort ...... no sorting needed . It was 8 photo albums & a couple scrap books . They should have been in the steamer trunk in the attic but no they were in a tub I drug down from the attic . I learned a long time ago not to start looking at old photos when you have other things to do . :p They will stay in a stack in the rescue room until the trunk comes down & on it's way to shop 3 . If this keeps up I may need to make shop 3 bigger & shop 4 smaller . :rolleyes:
I did come across some Indian treasures that I forgot all about . I will take a couple shots when I get a place to to that . :p I know there is more but think they went in tubs to shop 4 already .
Starting to wonder if people that collect .... then change collections by selling the old collection aren't a bit smarter than me . :eek: Funny how as the years go by how many different things I have drug home .
The big things had to go because of space problems but the smaller things just went in the attic to make room for the new hobby . I blame a lot of it on being on the road so many years . On days off I would go shopping :rolleyes: Having a truck all the time gave me lots of room to bring treasures back with me & dump them at the the house & get back on the road again . When that ended ....... I started my own business . That kept me kinda busy ...... then came buying estates & going to auctions ...... in my spare time . :eek: A friend of mine once told me that I don't buy one of anything . I am starting to think he may have been right ! :D

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
32 degrees and snow today. Just shoveled the driveway... note to self... South facing drive a must at next house.
We were expecting about 1/2" , but have about 4" so far and still coming steady.
Good though, we need the snow pack on the mountain.
Continued work on the house today, intermixed with work work.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Wait a minnnnute, are you related to or get a disease from any of those Discovery channel pickers in Iowa? :p:p:p

I amassed quite a bit of stuff I’d picked up to use and then resell but like you I was on the road & the storage unit kept filling up so had sales before every time we moved...:eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: OLD Ron

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,252
Wait a minnnnute, are you related to or get a disease from any of those Discovery channel pickers in Iowa? :p:p:p

I amassed quite a bit of stuff I’d picked up to use and then resell but like you I was on the road & the storage unit kept filling up so had sales before every time we moved...:eek::eek::eek:
I think I may have more treasures than they do Jim ! :p
My brother actually knows those 2 guys . I told him to keep them away from me ! :eek:
My problem is I have not moved in many years ...... I just add buildings & land :oops:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,253
Oh Yea! Indian treasures. Take a LOT of pics of those. May be some like mine stored away.
It is tough to find ways to display rocks . :eek:
I found arrow heads & beat over the head club ends .
I used to know what tribes these came from ...... yep forgot all that :p
The things we all need to learn about every type of collection is really extensive .
Going back to a collection after years of not keeping up is learning all over again . In my case I can recall some things but not all the current things .
When I came back to guns I about fell over with the prices things I have are today . One side of me says sell it ..... the other side says why not keep it .
I even have coin collections & stamp collection ( when I was a kid ) I still recall the 2 toughest coins I found was a 1909 sdvb penny & a three legged buffalo nickel . All my collections have been a lot of fun & interesting to me . I think I changed collections when things got way to expensive for me to collect any more of . Then when you realize how much things are worth ...... you store it ..... hide it .... & all the fun of owning it is out the window . Now days I drag it out & update my alarm system & insurance .
So we pay more to keep & enjoy what we have collected .
I was reading a article this a.m. about having a lot of stuff . It says that if you don't use it in 1 year .... it needs to go . Crap ! If I did that my house & shops would be empty ! :p

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
Now to see if I can get pictures up .......
View attachment 237318 View attachment 237319
That is a really nice display of points. Appears some might be obsidian stone. Not sure.
Were those from around you or possibly came from South Dakota?

Yep, a few head knockers. One looks perhaps to be an ax from Archaic Period. I like that light colored Celt on upper right. Rather different color to it. I need to dig some of my stuff out come Spring.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,259
That is a really nice display of points. Appears some might be obsidian stone. Not sure.
Were those from around you or possibly came from South Dakota?

Yep, a few head knockers. One looks perhaps to be an ax from Archaic Period. I like that light colored Celt on upper right. Rather different color to it. I need to dig some of my stuff out come Spring.
Not up on those now at all outlaw .. I gathered them over many years from all across the country . At that time they were cheap & as a kid really liked them & wrapped each in tissue paper to get them home safe . Back then I always talked with old people a lot ...... now I r one ! :p

3241 - 3260 of 3593 Posts