Firearms Talk banner

2981 - 3000 of 3640 Posts

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,982
Gotta make life exciting some how.. Never a dull moment... Welcome to my world..
We can't stop getting old but we can stay busy . :)
A few days doing nothing is nice but boring as all get out . To many of those days & you will loose your drive for life . I refuse to sit around & wait for life to end ........ it will have to chase me down & smack up side the head ! :p

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,983
30 & clear here . Saying sunny & around 50 today :)
Good day to get out again & do things . Today's low will be the high for the weekend . :eek: Old man winter is a bit slow this year :cool:
Today's plan is to keep things going .
Get mantel back on at the HP
Pick up tools & cleaning supply s
Get a new door knob on in the kitchen
Fix that faucet
Try to match a wall paint in the garage :rolleyes:
Pick out a realtor
Pack a few more boxes for shop 4
Maybe order some things to trick out 2 of the trucks ;)
When ordering things it is best to order before I need them & that way I will have them when I get the time to mess with them .
I have back up cameras on 2 of my trucks now so why not put one on the third one . :p I hate getting in & out to hook up so many times !
With the floor space showing back up in the rescue room & shop 1 the projects will be back on line soon . Had a young guy ask me to fix up a stock for his 22 250 yesterday . I told him I wish I had the time to do that for him . I don't think he knows how much time it takes to glass ...... finish & fit a stock . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,984
Snow will start tonight ! :eek:
It will be rain then turn to snow tonight ..... 3" to 5"
38 here now but falling .
Will run the beast out to shop 4 for it's winter sleep .
Then fill Liz the rest of the way up & run her to shop 4 too .
The ATM will be here Monday night :mad:
Will check on Cleary's work today when it gets light out .
Leaks at the HP are all fixed ..... I hope ! :rolleyes:
Took a car load of my tools out yesterday .
Will get that stick ready to sell yet ! :p
Getting down to the wire with the race for space . I still will be able to take boxes to the shops until the snow gets to deep .
Then it all about shop 1 projects ! :p
They are all over the shop & rescue room so finding one to work on shouldn't be hard . :)
Will most likely do a lot of cleaning first . Organize treasures ..... then get to playing with projects .
Looks like no chance of a slow lazy winter here .
:p

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,985
Light snow still coming down & around 3" on the ground now . The rain started early & lasted until about 2 p.m. then turned to snow .
Beast 250 is at shop 4 dry & safe.
Liz is full & at shop 4 dry & safe .
Tools are all out of the Hp .
Small shear & roller is at shop 4 .
Shop 1 is FUBAR ! :p
Tracks for mini showed up & are at shop 4 now . :)
Those are really small tracks & I could pick one up & toss it in the truck ..... that small !
That roller break was a bear getting out with treasures all in the path to the door . o_O
Not to mention I had around 500# of casting lead on the bottom of the cart . :eek:
At least for now there is a nice 4 x 8 clear spot on the floor .:)
I would scrub it up normally but ..... my brother used my scrubber on bare concrete floor & now the brushes are shot ...... he can really be a tool some days ! :rolleyes:
Do you guys see the pop up add on here for Christmas briefs ? ...... That add is wrong in so many ways ! :p
Looks like lock down in shop 1 tomorrow .
With getting wet in the cold today I will probably get a bit of a cold to start off my shut in time . :eek:

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,986
Snowing & 4" on the ground with a few more on the way today . Yep it's winter ! :p
First mission of lock down it is ...... look the mess over & pick a place to start . :oops:
Getting all the loose tools put away is probably a good place to start .
On breaks I may get the table cleaned off in the rescue room so I can look the Remington 700 project over & get back at that . ;)
After the snow quits will need to go clean that up at the HP & take a throw rug there to wipe feet on as people look it over . :rolleyes:
Making a few bucks is a lot of work ...... saving a few bucks is even more work ! :p

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Well if it's any consolation Ron ', I'm gonna be in an open boat tomorrow fishing for steelhead. It's gonna start raining tonight/early morning 36/46 degrees & 55% percipitation...:p:p:p

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,989
14 & clear here but will up in the 20s today . Around 9" of wet heavy snow fell this storm . Only around 4" still on the ground .
Made some progress cleaning & putting tools away ...... a long ways to go yet . Me thinks I may have drug a tad to much out of the attic . :oops: I have found 5 full tubs of knives so far . I forgot how many of those I had in my knife phase . :eek:
I see I still have a washer & dryer in my laundry room ....... after moving a bunch of boxes out of the way . :p
Ordered 6 new brushes for my scrubber so soon as more floors show I can get to cleaning those up .o_O
I need to cut up some left over scrap lumber to toss in the wood burner & get some free heat going . With no wood cut or stacked this year it will be an expensive winter to heat . Maybe next year I will be in better shape . :rolleyes:
They aren't closing places here but limiting the hours & amount of people so they still can't make money . Crazy world !
2020 has been a tough year on all of us . I stayed busy & didn't notice a lot except the prices of everything going up . Cheap gas is no good if you have no place to go . o_O
I took a few lay downs yesterday so that should help for today s adventures . :p

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,990
With only a few hours at the sorting & putting tools away ...... it is looking better & my back is hurting more ! :p Old guys should just give orders ..... not do the work ! :rolleyes:
Still finding neat stuff to decorate the rooms at shop 4 I don't have built yet ! :p I guess knowing what I have to put in rooms will help to decide how big it needs to be & how to lay it out . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,991
Came across over 500 lbs. of lead ingots for casting that I didn't know I had . So I put them with the 500 lbs. I had stocked up . :eek: I think that pile will last longer than me ! :p
I even cleaned off my big anvil ! o_O
It is starting to look like I may have a shop again .
A few more years of this & it will be perfect ! :p
If I start thinking of buying at auctions again ...... all I need to do is go to shop 3 & look around . That should stop me in my tracks ! :D
Speaking of tracks here are those mini ones & a shot of my break / roller.
new mini tracks.JPG
roller & break.JPG

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
That sounds like a lot more fun than cleaning a house & shop Jim !:cool:
It was until we had to drag the drift boat around two trees that were laying across the whole width of the river. :eek::eek::eek:

Gonna have a few Whiskey a go-go’s tonight and then bed...:p:p:p

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I see I still have a washer & dryer in my laundry room ....... after moving a bunch of boxes out of the way . :p
Wrong my friend, those are just extra large wet brass cleaners, One for washing and one for a drying...:D:p:D:p

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,994
16 & light snow here . They say it will get up to 20 .
Getting nippy out there ! :p
Bad news is I need to go out in the cold today & clean up some of that white stuff . :oops: Then I will be able to drag the ATM in the shop when it shows up . If it would have come when they said it would I could have missed doing all this in the snow ! :mad:
Then when I thaw out I need to go check on the HP & be sure the leak stopped . o_O
The on the phone to get someone to sell the place . :)
My weekend in shop 1 went well .
A lot has been moved around & organized . As I was moving things I did small needed things like replace tile ..... lights ....... discover new hiding places . :p
I would say I am about 10% of what all needs doing in the shop. Even at 10% it has made a big difference there . If it wasn't for shop 3/4 I would be sitting in a pile of boxes all winter with no way to work on projects . :eek: Now that would have sucked !

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,995
Cloudy & 16 here dropping down to 8 by sun up .
Yep found out I really don't like shoveling snow ! :p
Talked to a realtor yesterday & showed her the HP . She seemed real interested in selling it for me . Said it will sell fast in this market . She wants 6% to do that . Will not budge on that price . So next step is talk to another company & see what they say too . I want to see what a fair market price is to be asking too . I am thinking 230 to 280 . There is a lot of room there to play . I probably would be happy with 250 walk away money . :) So to get that I would need around 265 .
Some don't realize how much pepsi & flip flops cost ! :eek: Me needs da bucks to keep going ! :p
Loads of plans for the money if or when it get in my little hands ! :rolleyes:
The ATM didn't come yesterday .:mad: Some crap about not enough room on the truck . :eek: So that puts me back more days & people mad at me .
So with the spare time I will work at sorting in shop 1 . :) At least in that world no one is yelling at me . :p

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,996
Cloudy & 18 here outside wonderland .
The ATM finally made it here ! :)
( only 2 weeks late ) :oops:
Talked to a second realtor yesterday . o_O
I will pick one this week & get the ball rolling .
Will take out & install the new ATM today & get that off my list . :p
Loads of snow & ice on my Jimmy . That is why I hate installing in the winter . But a buck is a buck ! ;)
A lot to clean up after unpacking that machine . :eek:
Good thing I made some space to work . ;)
Now if the little Nazis in government will let us all get back to work ..... things will get better . :cool:
PJ is getting more done on projects than I am ...... that is just wrong ! :p
Where is that easy slow winter I was looking for ? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,997
Cloudy & 15 here . May get up to 30 .
The new ATM is in & despising money ! :cool:
Picked a realtor ..... will sign with her today & set her loose selling the house . :rolleyes:
Back to cleaning up the latest mess I made in the shop & figure out where to stick the old ATM . :eek:
Then do some food shopping so I don't waste away ! :p
I have a lot of old oil lamps that need to go in a box & be stored for now . When I get shop 3 built inside they will come back out to decorate the place .
Silly old people do silly things ! :p

·
Premium Member
6,646 Posts
Cloudy & 15 here . May get up to 30 .
The new ATM is in & despising money ! :cool:
Picked a realtor ..... will sign with her today & set her loose selling the house . :rolleyes:
Back to cleaning up the latest mess I made in the shop & figure out where to stick the old ATM . :eek:
Then do some food shopping so I don't waste away ! :p
I have a lot of old oil lamps that need to go in a box & be stored for now . When I get shop 3 built inside they will come back out to decorate the place .
Silly old people do silly things ! :p
Did you pick the hottest realtor?

2981 - 3000 of 3640 Posts