The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

19 & clear here in the land of treasures !
    Flooring is all paid for & the counter top comes Wednesday at 8 a.m.
    All coming together & to a end . :)
    Then sit back & see how much money I lost on this brainfart ! :p
    With all the cv19 crap rules going on my income took another crap so ending some projects is really a good idea right now . Get out the wool socks & hunker down ...... looks like a tough winter & times ahead . :rolleyes:
    I plan to stay busy with projects inside & just be happy to wake up every day & see what I will get into next ! :p Fun to see what my brain can drag my butt into ! :rolleyes:

2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Dang it man, it’s time for you to take a break and do some relaxing and less backbreaking labor...:D

PeeJay1313, OLD Ron and towboater like this.

3. OLD Ron

cloudy & 15 here with light wing . Will get up to around 40 today . :oops:
    Kept busy yesterday .
    2 truck loads of junk out of the house project taken to the burn pile at the west shops .
    Mixed in a couple service calls .
    Got insurance on the 250 :eek: ..... $800 a year !
    Called the dealership about the title ..... will take a couple weeks to get it & my plates . :rolleyes:
    In a few hours the counter tops will be at the house .
    :) After they are done I get to be a plumber for the day & clean more up there . Only 4 things to plum. & then check out the entire house . :D
    Will probably need to run get small things at the store . Cleaning & striping the basement floor could be a pain but needs doing .
    Would like a break Jim but this all needs to get done so I can sell it . :cool:
    Then one more Liz load to shop 4 out of shop 1 . That would be a lot easier if I didn't have a load on Liz at shop 4 already ! :p
    Noticed 1 flat tire on the dump trailer yesterday :eek:
    will need to get that off & fixed before the snow hits too . Good thing the snow has been late to hit here this year ! :) Who said when you get old ..... you have less to do ? :p My old butt seems to keep real busy . :confused:

4. OLD Ron

Not a bad day at the house project .
    New counter top is on .
    2 toilets are back working .:)
    New sink is bought & ready to install .
    Another load of scrap wood is on the 1500 .
    My brother while helping clean up dumped dirty water in the toilet & flushed it . Problem was the was a scouring pad in the bucket too . :eek: ...... yep that was the clog . Fun to work behind people that screw up a lot . :rolleyes:
    People are already asking me how much I want for the house . :eek: With it not done yet my answer is between 250 & 280 . As is . If no realtor then 5% less . May be a good sign it will sell quick . :)
    In the mean time it will be find & fix the small stuff & have it ready for sale maybe Monday .
    I asked a plumber today what they charge now ..... $100 a hr. :eek:
    I paid the counter top guy cash today & got the job done for 1/2 the normal price . ;)

ellis36, towboater, Rifling82 and 2 others like this.
  5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I have a good feeling all your hard work and determination is going to pay off Bigley for you.;)

towboater, OLD Ron and PeeJay1313 like this.
  6. OLD Ron

Clear & 25 here now . Temps are running above normal & that's fine with me .:)
    Getting my go buy list & to do list going this a.m.
    Listening to radio & them saying time to stay inside again . Sounds good but how will people make money to pay there bills & the taxes they want too .
    A bunch of none thinking people running things it seems . :p
    Here in wonderland the work will keep going . If I listened to the egg heads I would still have a empty lot where shop 3- 4 is . :eek:
    Instead I have a really big building full of treasures ! :p
    It's a good thing I like to keep busy ! :rolleyes:

Caveman Jim and PeeJay1313 like this.
  7. OLD Ron

Busy day yesterday at the house project .
    Striped & moped the basement floor once .
    Mounted sink in counter top .
    Tore stool 3 apart & it still leaks.:eek:
    Replaced light bulbs I had on hand .
    New fan light shades .
    Cleaned all kitchen cabinets .
    Repaired overhang the vines was pulling down .
    All new 1 1/2 drain pipe for new sink .
    5 trips to the store for things .
    I worked until 8:30 last night & said quits . :oops:
    Went to burger king last night on my way home ...... yep they were closed :eek:
    Can of soup & off to bed .o_O
    Up at 2 & couldn't stop thinking of what I still need to do so got up & am making a list & doing dishes too :p
    Nights is a good time to work with no people around or phone calls or questions .
    All small jobs but needed doing .
    Still shooting for Monday the for sale sign goes up ....... if I get that damm toilet fixed ! :p

8. OLD Ron

Only have the faucet on the tub to fix & paint the garage wall . Then a truck load of tools & cleaners out & a done stamp will go on the project . :)
    The last walk through inspection will tell me if I got all I wanted to do done or not .
    Then off to shop 1 & get more out of there taken to shop 4 .
    It will be nice to join PJ & others on projects ! :D
    The Remington 700 build is waiting for me to get at !
    :p
    With a stack of other projects to do it will be a fun winter .
    Finding or making parts always slows things down . There are a few that only need firing pins to finish them off ...... finding the right ones is the problem .
    Still no luck on the Winchester 410 shoe . :(
    Maybe this winters hunt will fair better than last years . :rolleyes: That's the nice part about several all going at once ..... if I can't find parts ..... I work on a different one . As soon as they are done they get logged in & put away . I have a not started area ..... 50% done area ...... 90% done area & finished area . Brainfarts fill up the not started area fast ! :p I always stop to help a friend out when they need it with there projects too .
    I had one friend that could only afford old guns with problems . He would tell me about them & of course I offered to help ....... fix the gun up for him & he was so happy ...... then he would sell it & buy another for me to do . :eek: ...... now I am to busy to work on his guns . :p People can be funny creatures .

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and PeeJay1313 like this.
  9. OLD Ron

Sunny & 29 here at this late hour .
    Decided on a slow day today & get a few needed things done ....... like laundry & food shopping ! :p
    Plan to tackle that faucet again at some point but not in a rush . If it wasn't in the wall I would just buy a new one & be done with it .
    Those LED light bulbs are really neat ...... had one in a trouble light under the sink next to my head & no heat off it ! ;) Some changes are good ! :p

Caveman Jim and PeeJay1313 like this.
  10. OLD Ron

Cloudy & 27 here .
    The slow day was a big help to me so today I will hit it hard again . :p
    Figured out the problem with the faucet leak yesterday & have the needed parts to fix it when I get to it . ;)
    Today will be a small run to shop 4 out of shop 1 .
    I have a new ATM coming in next week & need the space to program it to take to a location .
    Will take the beast to there today . This is the first chance I have had to drive it since I bought it .
    Beast = 250 HD truck :p
    While out there the plan is to get the load off Liz so I can bring her in to shop 1 for the final load of the year . :)
    If not to beat up ..... may try to do some cleaning in shop 2 also . At least there I have room to sweep . :p

Caveman Jim likes this.
  11. OLD Ron

Good day at the shops ! :)
    Managed 10 boxes in the beast to shop 4 .
    Empty Liz out of junk & off to the burn pile . Lit that puppy up so I had more room to fill it up again . :cool:
    Swept up 2 & 4 a bit & called it a day . :p
    the beast.JPG bucket of trash.JPG

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  12. OLD Ron

31 & cloudy here in wonderland .
    Storm on the way for the weekend . rain / snow
    Seems like slower paced days are better for my small brain & old body . :p
    Plan is to box more up at shop 1 ...... refinish the mantel to for the house project ..... take another load out of the HP ...... call a Realtor ( that should be interesting ) ...... may get a chance to look over that free snow blower & see what it needs . :rolleyes:
    Might need to bring Liz in town & put bigger things on her so I have more room to pack things in boxes . The new ATM doesn't take a lot of room to work on but the more the better . Then when I get it done I can load it along with treasures & deliver it & pick up the old one & off to shop 4 for storage for the winter . :) What could go wrong with this plan ! :p

Caveman Jim, PeeJay1313 and ellis36 like this.
  13. OLD Ron

29 & cloudy here .
    Yesterday went well ...... until the bank messed me all up ! I bounced a check ! :eek: I never have done that in my life ! The bank said I wrote the check on the wrong account that didn't have enough money in to cover the check . I took there word for it & apologized to them & the place I gave it to . Then ..... it bothered me so much I looked deeper into it . The bank seems to have changed one of my accounts to the same name as the other account :eek:
    The only way to tell what account it is is by knowing the account # on the bottom of the check .
    I will be having a meeting with the bank today & they will see me not so nice . If it was a small check it would have been bad but this was a really big check !:mad:
    I can make myself look bad enough without the bank helping me along !
    Just another reason I don't trust banks ! :D
    Sorry about the rant . :cool:

14. OLD Ron

Happier note of the day .
    Locks on the HP are all but one changed .
    Mantel is looking a lot better for the fire place .
    10 more boxes packed for the load to shop 4 .
    Today will be a small load of junk to the burn pile .
    Bring Liz back & start loading .
    Deal with the bank .
    Start putting finish coats of clear on the mantel .
    A lot to do yet to be ready for winter & rescue projects . :rolleyes:

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and PeeJay1313 like this.
  15. OLD Ron

Floor space is showing up all over the place here !
    :)
    Lots of room to work on that ATM when it shows up now . :cool:
    Liz is filling up faster than I thought it would . ...... may need a bigger truck ! :p
    Cleary called ! :eek:
    Yep they said they would be at shop 4 at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow . This could get interesting . :rolleyes:
    Called to see about my tracks for the mini ....... they forgot to process my order ! :eek:
    Doing a lot of different things is so much fun ! :confused:

16. OLD Ron

Cloudy & 28 here at 3 a.m.
    Calling for snow this weekend . :eek:
    The race for space is still on ! :p
    Had to get up early to get a few things done here before I go babysit Cleary . :rolleyes: I have no idea how long this will take them to fix . Probably a day shot for me . As long as I have my cooler of pepsi I'm in good shape . :) At least they picked a good day to get at this ...... up in the 40s .
    I may take a shot at cleaning out my car in shop 2 while they work on the building ....... needed to clean it out ....... 7 months ago ! :rolleyes:
    Seems I have a problem with getting to some things quickly . :rolleyes:

17. OLD Ron

It ended up sunny & nice today . :)
    Cleary showed up at 9 instead of 7:30 :rolleyes:
    Brought the wrong equipment . :eek:
    Had to go buy lumber o_O
    Still wasn't done when I left them at 3:30 p.m. :confused:
    No word on the ATM.:confused:
    A bar that needed money in there ATM makes up there open hours as they go . :oops:
    I did manage to empty out the red Jimmy & clean out my car ! :p
    Really the day turned out about like expected . :confused:
    The painter I had got cv19 :eek:
    He was just sick & tired . They said he had 2 more days to keep away from people .
    Tomorrow has to go better ! :p

18. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Good luck tomorrow..

OLD Ron likes this.
  19. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

He’ll mess it up like he usually does :rolleyes:

Caveman Jim and OLD Ron like this.
  20. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Gotta make life exciting some how.. Never a dull moment... Welcome to my world..