Firearms Talk banner

2941 - 2960 of 3279 Posts

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,941
First snow of this winter to stick ! :eek:
Now if they are right & rain moves in these few inches should be gone by noon .
Plan A for today is back to paper work after I get the house guys set up & going . I need to run grab some food too or it will be soup again ! :p
Also need to get to boxing treasures for the last load in Liz for shop 4 too . Getting a lot closer to working on rescue projects again ! :) I could work on them now but hate to work in a lot of clutter & just don't have the spare time to ..... yet . :rolleyes:
It should be a nice relaxing winter here at shop 1 . :)
Just doing paper work ..... projects & a few service calls will be nice instead of all this running around .
Hope I don't run out of things to gripe about ! :eek: :p

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
My back aches too much reading your posts... Im gonna have to scale back Ron, thanks a lot...:D:D:D
Seriously though I do enough around here to get aching.

Case in point, a brown truck dropped off a medium sized reloading package yesterday, no problem I’ll just run it out to the shop, “The Room”... I soon figured out that it was well above my Dr’s reconvened lifting limit, ran and got the dolly, back out to “The Room”, got the foam knee pad and opened it on the floor...:eek::eek::eek:

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
First snow of this winter to stick ! :eek:
Now if they are right & rain moves in these few inches should be gone by noon .
Plan A for today is back to paper work after I get the house guys set up & going . I need to run grab some food too or it will be soup again ! :p
Also need to get to boxing treasures for the last load in Liz for shop 4 too . Getting a lot closer to working on rescue projects again ! :) I could work on them now but hate to work in a lot of clutter & just don't have the spare time to ..... yet . :rolleyes:
It should be a nice relaxing winter here at shop 1 . :)
Just doing paper work ..... projects & a few service calls will be nice instead of all this running around .
Hope I don't run out of things to gripe about ! :eek: :p
You? Run out of stuff to gripe about!? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,945
My back aches too much reading your posts... Im gonna have to scale back Ron, thanks a lot...:D:D:D
Seriously though I do enough around here to get aching.

Case in point, a brown truck dropped off a medium sized reloading package yesterday, no problem I’ll just run it out to the shop, “The Room”... I soon figured out that it was well above my Dr’s reconvened lifting limit, ran and got the dolly, back out to “The Room”, got the foam knee pad and opened it on the floor...:eek::eek::eek:
It is hell getting old ! :p
I never let a Dr. tell me what I can do ...... my body tells me real quick .:eek:
What did you buy that was so heavy Jim ?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,946
yesterday went right in the crapper fast . :(
Flooring guy did some & took off without a word
Painter went for a oil change & didn't come back
Plaster guy didn't show up or call at all
I locked the place up & went to do other things ..... yep hiring people makes it a lot easier ! o_O
Went back to paper work & phone calls . :mad:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,947
40 with light rain & fog ...... at least the 3" of snow is gone ! :) Rain off & on all day .
I need to run a small load to shop 4 to get things cleaned up around the house project .
All the west shops are screwed up with treasures . :eek:
OK fine all shops are a mess as of today & the house is too . But ! At least now getting things looking better doesn't take long . May try to get the junk out of Liz & then stack up the treasures . Then I will be ready for the last load run from shop 1 for the winter .:)
By the weekend I should be in better shape all round . Another day like yesterday & that plan could change fast . If the plaster guy is a no show this a.m. he will be done . I'll tape & mud the damm thing myself . Problem with most of this stuff is drying time . Clean up & touch ups is right around the corner so time to kick it in gear .
This has taken away time I needed to work on shop 4 . Picking out what to spend my time on is a real challenge lately :oops: Usually I could jump around & keep all going but lately babysitting others has messed that up .
All in all it is going well & progressing along . :p

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
It is hell getting old ! :p
I never let a Dr. tell me what I can do ...... my body tells me real quick .:eek:
What did you buy that was so heavy Jim ?
Reloading stuff, 1k .357 bullets, Frankfort Arsenal wet brass cleaner, RCBS bench prime and other miscellaneous stuff. About 58#s. Yeah, my lower back is really screwed up.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,950
What a wet cold day yesterday ..... 2" of rain is a lot . Today should be dry & in the 40s .
Will try to stay in & dry out today .:p
Did manage to get the load to shop 4 & move things around out there . :cool:
Finally blew out the water lines on the pressure washer . Now that shouldn't freeze . Started taking battery s out of equipment I won't be using all winter seems like I just put all those in ! :eek:
It was cold & dark there yesterday ...... I need to work on lights & some heat out there . Hate to close it all up with no snow on the ground yet . Soon as the house things are done I will see if my old body will put up with the cold long enough to get a few things done out there . :rolleyes:
Today will be a kinda slow flip flop day around shop 1 & this house . :) May play some rock & roll & live the dream ! :p

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,951
Nice day here in wonderland .:)
Only left shop 1 to mail out some bills & papers . Just a laid back slow easy day . :cool:
It is always nice to do what we want where we want & when we want to . Haven't had many of those days this year .
I have enough cleaning supply s for a battalion with no room to use them ..... yet :p
The packing ..... sorting .... continues for the last run to shop 4 . If I really get at it there may be two loads to take there ! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
Nice day here in wonderland .:)
Only left shop 1 to mail out some bills & papers . Just a laid back slow easy day . :cool:
It is always nice to do what we want where we want & when we want to . Haven't had many of those days this year .
I have enough cleaning supply s for a battalion with no room to use them ..... yet :p
The packing ..... sorting .... continues for the last run to shop 4 . If I really get at it there may be two loads to take there ! :rolleyes:
Happy Thanksgiving a-hole

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,955
Well the food comma is over so back to work today ! :)
With the house guys taking 4 days off it is a nice break for me to do other things .
Trying to listen to rock & roll music will be tough with all the Christmas music on every day ! :confused:
A month of that will make me batty . :p
I could see it for a couple days but a month ?
With fake news ..... politics ...... year round now we get lame music to close out the year ! :eek:
And they wonder why people are up tight ! :p
I think I will take a small road trip today just to get away . Spending a few bucks always helps ! :cool:
Was planning to get a hair cut ....... but can't afford a hat & it's getting cold so better not ! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Hahaha, God made a few perfect heads, the rest he put hair on... :p:D:p:D
I am a hat man, need to borrow one? I have many that are unworn...;)

Reactions: OLD Ron

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,958
Good day yesterday here .
Added to my GMC truck set ...... I now have a 350 250 & a 150 for my driving needs . :) 3/4 ton will make pulling trailers around a lot easier . The 1/2 ton did the job but it had to work at it .
Pulling them around is the easy part ...... keeping them empty seems to be a problem . :p
Now I get to go buy rails .... bed cover & head rack for it to be complete . :)
The plaster guy decided he would work today so I let him in & maybe now I can get the last room painted there Monday . With end of the month work next week it will be another busy week ! :eek:
An old guy should not be this busy ...... I need more R & R ! :cool:

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,959
Getting up around 50 today & sunshine ! :)
Lots of choices to do today .
First up will be sort through the to do s & find an easy one ! :p
It should be ok to shop a bit today & not deal with the crazy black Friday people.
I need to pick up another 5 pallets for shop 4 too . Then run back & get a snow blower that a guy gave me for free . :)
Get some clean up done at the house project & pick up tools .
What ever I get done makes it less to do tomorrow .
:p

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,960
Clear & 32 here ........ here come da cold ! :(
Didn't get a lot done yesterday but did a few things .
New 250 took 26 gal. of gas ..... & it had over a 1/4 of a tank ! :eek:
May be another fuel pig in my group . :( If this keeps up I will need to buy a gas station . :p
Today will be same o same o . Starting to feel like I am in a rut ! :p
I need some treasure fun to balance this out .:D
Still not much room to work but still have to run a Liz load to shop 4 to get the room .
Snow blower took up space I had to stack boxes & tubs for the load .
I don't even have room to start my cigarette rolling for the winter . :eek: I was real happy I decided not to plant tobacco last spring . That would have been a mess with all the construction going on .
It only took me 20 min. to figure out how to adjust mirrors on the truck ! Why get the book out when you can just press all sorts of buttons ! :p
My tracks for the mini didn't come Friday like they said they would .:rolleyes: It's ok because those won't go on until next year any way . Just add that to the list of work for next year !
Just noticed that I misspell ..... typo ...... around every 10 words . .... getting better at this ! :p

2941 - 2960 of 3279 Posts