The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Went well today :)
    Painter couldn't make it to the house project because he had a problem at one of his apartments .
    So I loaded the truck at shop 1 & some junk from the house & off to shop 4 . Brought the red truck back to get a load of lumber I tore out at the house ...... that stuff is like gold now so can't waste it .:p
    Saw a box I was loading today & it made me chuckle .
    treasures.JPG bigger.JPG

ellis36, Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I'd like to think they think they are good enough thieves to get into it without it blowing up and then the inevitable happens...:cool: Imagine that or they can't read...:p:p:p

OLD Ron likes this.

3. OLD Ron

Cloudy & 28 here ...... getting colder . :oops:
    A couple Liz loads & the house project & shop 1 should be ready for winter . :) Shop 3 is shot for months to come ...... shop 4 can still work in ...... shop 2 is a work in progress . :p
    May be able to do rescue projects again by Jan. 2021
    You have to be talented to make such a mess in 4 shops & 2 houses in just one summer ! :eek:
    Was hearing about the ammo shortages yesterday & hunters are ticked off that there is no ammo at the stores here . They didn't learn from the last shortage ?
    In my life a shortage has never changed what I do . When I buy things I buy enough to last a long time . That seems to go for everything ! :p
    Was thinking about shop 3/4 & if my plans go right it will look like a mini mall of small shops inside when done . :) It should be a fun place to mess around in !
    I just need to live long enough to get there ! :p

4. OLD Ron

hey PJ
    Did you ever find that 50 cal. you wanted ?

Rifling82 likes this.
  5. Caveman Jim

Are you gonna charge admission???:D

Rifling82 and OLD Ron like this.
  6. OLD Ron

Free admission ........ if you know the secret password ! :p

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  7. OLD Ron

Clear & 31 here but will get up to 50 they say .
    Worked my buns off yesterday . :confused:
    Managed a Lizy load & a red truck load of lumber to shop 4 . Then was silly enough to come back & fill the floor with tools & nuts & bolts in Liz . Will try to add some to it this a.m. then run it to 4 .
    The flooring guys will be at the house project today & the painter can keep an eye on them until I get back .
    The light is starting to shine on the end of the
    house project tunnel ! :)
    Because of the bulk the next couple loads it will be a pain to get them on the truck ..... & off . :rolleyes:
    I have one of those chair lifts in the house project to take out . That puppy has to be heavy ! ...... at the end of this year I may need it to go up & down stairs !
    :eek:

Rifling82 likes this.
  8. OLD Ron

43 & clear here .....:eek:
    Up to 60s today ...... wow an outside day but windy .
    That chair lift sucked ! :p It has to weigh over 400 lbs. & no place to get a really good grip on . It took 3 of us to get it on the truck . Took it to shop 4 with treasures ....... then was all alone to get it off the truck . It took some thunking to get it far enough out of the truck for the fork truck to grab it .
    Flooring guy showed up ....... he moves slower than the seasons ! :confused: not to mention full of chite .
    Down to the last room to clean out & prep for paint . :)
    Off on a shopping trip to buy things for the house project . The hole just gets deeper ! :rolleyes:
    Plan to stop at the steel place & see about a couple hunks of steel to extend my forks to 8' to get a better lift on those 8' pallets .
    Still no word from Cleary buildings ! :rolleyes: Shock !
    The fun is never ending here ! :p

PeeJay1313 likes this.
  9. Caveman Jim

An
    And the secrete handshake too...:p

OLD Ron likes this.
  10. OLD Ron

What a nice day yesterday it was like summer ! :)
    Worked all day with no coat on . The temp. here at 3 a.m. is still 45 . It will only get up to around 50 today but is still nice for this time of year . The rain & snow has been pushed off until next week . ;)
    Found a name for the fork truck ........ BEE ..... it is black & yellow & buzzes around the shop .
    Went to buy steel for Bee yesterday ..... fork extensions ...... wow that steel is expensive !
    Worked like crazy at the house project & shop 4 yesterday ...... getting older every day :p
    Liz is packed full & ready for shop 4 today . :eek:
    To much fresh air will make you work that hard ! :p ..... I need to cut back on that !
    Will start at day break & run to shop 4 & get my dump trailer & go get my fugly mini hoe ........ yep made the deal on it yesterday . :rolleyes: Now I need to run to riflings place to borrow some money to pay for it ....... may need to go to outlaws too if he is a tad short :p Then run Liz out & unload & back to the house for another load . Still no word from Cleary :rolleyes:
    The house has new carpet in two bedrooms & new floor in kitchen & 2 baths ....... looking good ! :)
    It will be a nice place for someone .
    It will be a while before I try 2 big projects at the same time again ! :rolleyes: The projects haven't suffered but boy I have . I know old people need to stay busy but wow I went crazy this year ! :p

Caveman Jim, Oldoutlaw and ellis36 like this.
  11. OLD Ron

Another day in the books .:rolleyes:
    Cleary called ..... waiting on materials o_O
    Flooring screwed up the tiles .....:mad:
    Painting guy decided to help the flooring guy .... on my dime .......:mad:
    My brother helping with clean up ...... didn't want to work much ....... :mad:
    Yep a fun day in wonderland ! :p
    Picked up the mini & took it to shop 4 . :)
    Didn't mess around with it because I needed to go see what the kids at the house project was up to . :eek:
    With some work & TLC I think it will be another fun toy to have around the shop to play with .
    Mini.JPG

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. OLD Ron

Nice sunny day here . :)
    Looks like odd jobs day .
    Clean up around the house ...... laundry ..... food shopping ...... swing by an auction ....... grab a few cases of pepsi .....paper work & bills :( ...... & anything else I want to get into ! :p
    The house project kicked my butt last week so it's time for smaller things to mess with . :rolleyes:
    I think I need another hobby to keep busy ! :p

Caveman Jim, Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  13. OLD Ron

cloudy & 22 here ..... that's getting colder ! :p
    Not a bad day kinda goofing off yesterday .
    Went to the auction & bought 3 new cheap shotguns .
    Had a service call so ended auction time .... probably saved me money o_O
    Today will be a busy try to get 2 loads to shop 4 . One in Liz of boxes & tubs of treasures & the other will be in the red truck of lumber & junk . Guess I have to make up for a slack day .:(
    At least I am still ahead of the snow .
    The shotguns are a matching set of Derya Arms Turkey of 20 ga. 12 ga. & 410 . single shots . They would be a good kids starter gun . Now all I need is a few pistols & a few rifles to round out my gun fix for a couple months :p

14. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

You should hire some help

OLD Ron and Oldoutlaw like this.
  15. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Now you tell him. :rolleyes:

OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  16. OLD Ron

I think I did mention in the past trying to hire people & how bad that is to do around here . :p
    At $20 an hour you can't get people to show up & actually work ! Then you have to stand there & watch them all day . :eek: If I have to put up with that I can do it myself faster & do a better job . I do have one guy that does a good job & shows up every day . So I try to keep him busy .
    The crappy jobs like cleaning up & taking junk out ...... I do myself & save the $20 .;)

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  17. OLD Ron

Was a good day at the house project :)
    Managed a big Liz load to shop 4 & a big pickup load of wood to shop 4 today !
    While at shop 4 after my second load I decided to get the Mini off the trailer :eek:
    Having never run one of those made going down ramps interesting . :rolleyes: When I did get it off I ran over to the gravel to play a bit & see how things worked . It would have been a lot more fun if it wasn't getting dark & cold fast . My size 12 boot on those small foot controls was fun . :cool: Found out you can adjust the tracks wide or narrow ...... interesting . I don't think it will take a lot of work to get it looking & running well .
    I can do that with all the spare time I have ! :rolleyes:
    The house is looking great so a couple more weeks & it will be up for sale . :)

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  18. OLD Ron

clear & 26 here now ..... snow on the way tonight :eek:
    Around 3" but won't stick around long because rain for Tuesday & Wednesday .
    Paper work & phone call day :confused:
    May need to break it up with some shopping .
    Will get a list going for things needed for the last room at the house . With a screwed up week it may or may not get done . o_O
    One last big load from shop 1 & will be ready for winter here ...... kinda :p
    The clean up after this summer will take some time !
    :eek:
    Will mess around at the west shops as much as I can until the snow stops me . :)

Caveman Jim and PeeJay1313 like this.
  19. OLD Ron

Crazy day here in wonderland ! :eek:
    Phone call to ATM server was on hold for 20 min.
    Flooring guy has CV19
    Ordered rubber tracks for Mini
    Book work is a mess
    Counter top will be in on Dec. 1 or 2
    Plaster guy will be over tomorrow a.m.
    New flooring guy will be over tomorrow at 11
    I have 3 deals going on for another truck
    Pepsi on sale but forgot to buy food ! :p

Caveman Jim and ellis36 like this.
  20. OLD Ron

First snow of this winter to stick ! :eek:
    Now if they are right & rain moves in these few inches should be gone by noon .
    Plan A for today is back to paper work after I get the house guys set up & going . I need to run grab some food too or it will be soup again ! :p
    Also need to get to boxing treasures for the last load in Liz for shop 4 too . Getting a lot closer to working on rescue projects again ! :) I could work on them now but hate to work in a lot of clutter & just don't have the spare time to ..... yet . :rolleyes:
    It should be a nice relaxing winter here at shop 1 . :)
    Just doing paper work ..... projects & a few service calls will be nice instead of all this running around .
    Hope I don't run out of things to gripe about ! :eek: :p