The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Ron, you might as well hire a moving company to help move your stuff...... ah, hell with it, I’m calling that hoarders show, they’ll get it all cleaned up

towboater and OLD Ron like this.
  2. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

I would guess I have moved over a semi load already rifling . And that's just this summer ! I would be really broke if I had to pay others to move all this . :oops:

Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.

3. OLD Ron

I have known scammers & con men all my life Jim .
    They can get the best of us if we don't stay awake all the time .
    What I have seen is really two types of scams ...... Quick scam ....... Long term scam .
    Most are quick scams . The good ones can read people both in person or over the phone or internet .
    Usually they are based on playing to fear ..... ( this is the IRS .... Police ..... SSI ) They spin a tale & try to set the hook with a amount they think you can afford . Then have a payment way that can't be traced back to them .
    Then there is the friend scams ...... they get to know you ( somewhat ) then a tragedy hits them & as a friend you want to help them ..... we all like to help others if we can ....... :p
    Then there is the Love connection scam .
    That one they go after lonely people . They seem to be the perfect match for a lonely person ...... Then they need money to move there or something like that .
    There are many versions of the same type of things & more . The quick scams are the easiest to spot because the want you to panic & act right away .
    Best advice I give people is ....... when a money angle comes along ....... step back & look at it & do some research before you open your billfold or purse . :)

Rifling82, Caveman Jim and ellis36 like this.
  4. OLD Ron

Cloudy & 34 here .
    Looks like some more cold coming here .
    Today is a real job day . May be able to sneak in some shopping for the house project & a few things for shop 2.
    Had a flooring guy stop by & do some measuring to give me a bid . No idea what that will cost . :eek:
    Sounds like a couple nice days next week so I may get a chance to take a run at shop 2 & 4 again . ( that door may get cleared yet ! ) :p
    Doing things part time really makes the jobs last longer . That combined with a old guy doing it takes even longer .:rolleyes: ( at least I show up for work & work cheep too ! :p )

towboater and Oldoutlaw like this.
  5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

True that about the lowlife scum scamming the elderly, I hold no mercy on the *(&%&*$%^ if I catch them.
    We are pretty leery of anything that we have not personally inquired about and do not trust any numbers that are not in our contacts, leave a message maybe I'll call, NYET!!!

OLD Ron and Oldoutlaw like this.
  6. OLD Ron

Careful there Jim ...... a little ruskey coming out there . :p
    We all are getting shafted in one way or another every day . And people wonder why we get antisocial as we get older ! :rolleyes:
    Invent a way we can all communicate without scammers or people we don't want to talk to & you will be rich ! :D

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  7. OLD Ron

Wasn't a bad day here in wonderland .
    Plan A lasted all the way to 8 a.m. then plan B came along ! :confused:
    While out doing my work I ran into old friends & was able to catch up & laugh about old times . :) That is always fun to do . It slowed my day down but well worth the time spent . Life should be filled with as much fun as you can cram into it ! :cool:
    I did manage to buy a few things for the house project ...... twice .:rolleyes: I bought a bunch of switches .... outlets & covers . Problem was I wanted white ...... bought light ivory ...... yep back to the store for the right ones . :p The lady asked why I was returning them & I said stupidity ..... she looked at me strange & I explained that I bought the wrong color . ( she didn't think it was near as funny as I did ) :D..... maybe under the mask she was cracking up :rolleyes:

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and PeeJay1313 like this.
  8. OLD Ron

Cloudy & 31 here but will clear up & get to the 40s for the day . Colder than normal but better than it will be soon . :(
    Now that work is kinda caught up will get back to the house project & sorting packing & out to shop 4 . Hope to spend a day at 4 working there . With the door people coming back & Cleary coming back ..... that will give me extra time out there . May even get a few lights up . :p

Caveman Jim, PeeJay1313 and Rifling82 like this.
  9. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

That was once called a telephone!

ellis

OLD Ron and Caveman Jim like this.
  10. OLD Ron

I guess all good inventions have a down side to them . :(
    Used to be a party line was to hear gossip of the area ....... now all news is just gossip & BS . Trust is getting hard to find or give out .

11. OLD Ron

Spent the day at the house project :rolleyes:
    Making a few bucks is getting tougher every day . :p
    I spent some time talking to a old friend about guns . That was a nice change . He has sold most of his collection . I asked why . He said his kids had no interest in them so he turned them into cash . I wish he would have called me ...... I would have bought them all . :)
    My thought is ..... I don't shoot as much as I did but I still like to even just look at them too . They all have a story to each of us & when we sell them we tend to forget the story . Maybe when I retire I will just sell all the treasures too . Who knows . :rolleyes: Until that day I will keep buying like there is no tomorrow ! :p
    Just saw an add on here about a leader we can depend on . My first thought is why do we need to depend on anyone ? Are we in a world now that people can't stand on there own two feet ? I even hear people ask if they should buy a new truck for example . None of us can answer that honestly for someone . People need to put on there big boy pants & answer those questions for themselves :cool: None of us really know other peoples situations so we can't give good advice on things like that .
    If I want a pizza & can't afford one ..... simple ..... I don't get one until I can ! Wanting things you can't afford is a good way to give you the drive to earn more so you can get what you want . :D I am still looking for a deal on a 50 cal. been saving a long time but the price goes up faster than I can save ! :eek:At this rate when I get all the money to buy it ...... I will be to old to pick it up ! :p ( but still will look good on the wall ! ) :D

12. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I still have the ricketedly old double-barreled shotgun with the hand-carved stock that belonged to my paternal grandfather. I remember the day he fell while carrying it and somehow it discharged into his chest and killed him. It's a story that will die with me since there is no one left that would even remember my grandfather.

Same with the .22 and 16G pump that belonged to my dad.

ellis

Caveman Jim and OLD Ron like this.
  13. OLD Ron

Clear & 32 here . Will get better but the wind will be coming up too .
    Today will be a load to shop 4 & see what I can get into there . I may bring the big truck back to get a bigger load . o_O
    May get a few nice days next week that I can do some outside work again . I can't let even one of those days slip by at this time of the year . Right now if the snow hit I would be screwed big time here at shop 1 for doing gun work this winter ! :eek: Need to work a tad harder so that doesn't happen . Finding out that as I get older steps are not my friend ! :p
    20 trips is bad enough but with a box of treasures it sucks ! :p

Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  14. OLD Ron

That is the sad truth of it all ellis .
    I often thought of putting a note with some guns telling a bit of the story for others that may end up with it to know .
    I have a rifle that my granddad cut down as a pistol to have with him for varmints around the farm . He was no gunsmith ..... but it worked for his needs . Back then people made things for there needs & used old things to do it . Most innovations came out of some no names back garage .
    Today you see so many abused guns & equipment out there . People don't take care of things & just go buy new . With that lifestyle the usually end up over extended & file bankruptcy . My generation seems to have fallen short at teaching there kids a lot of things they needed . :(

15. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Wish I could give you 10 likes for that Ron!

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  16. Rifling82

Me too, very well said

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  17. OLD Ron

You guys are really kind to a old man's ramblings on ! :)

Oldoutlaw and Caveman Jim like this.
  18. OLD Ron

Up early & it is warmer now than it will be all day . :eek: Looks like a cold front blowing through will make it a bit nippy today & tonight . :confused:
    Had a really good day yesterday ! :)
    Took a truck load to shop 4 & the sun was warm & light wind ! :)
    Even managed to clean up a bit outside under my deck ...... that was a few years past due . :pSeeing even a small area cleaned up gave me energy to get at more .
    It will be windy & cold today but inside work can still be done . Then next week it will get nice again for a spell so will hit outside again .
    Plan is to get my winter tires out to shop 4 so this year when snow hits I can actually change them inside :eek: haven't been able to do that for many years .
    The new shops will make a lot of things nicer as soon as they get set up . :cool:

Caveman Jim likes this.
  19. Rifling82

Now I gotta insult you ;)......

Caveman Jim and OLD Ron like this.
  20. OLD Ron

You being my friend rifling ....... is insult enough ! :p