The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

very very old

PeeJay1313, Caveman Jim and OLD Ron like this.
  2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Now yer cookin with propane and propane accessories.;););)
    Keep up the busy times. :D

OLD Ron likes this.

3. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Still raining here ! :eek:
    Big storm blew through last night . Just light rain now . They are saying 2 to 5" so far ..... yep flooding again .
    Can really feel the work yesterday in this old back ! :p
    Was thinking of those 2 cabinets ...... one could be for long guns & the other for knives . :)
    It may be a while to get to that type of things ! :oops:
    By the way ..... OUTLAW ....... did you get that garage of yours cleaned out this summer like you said you was going to do ? Starting to look like I will have all 4 of mine done before you get yours done ! :p Do I need to bring a truck down there & help you ? :rolleyes: I bet you could get all of that in just my one ton truck . Kathy & Bo would be happy to see you get off your duff & get a done stamp on that project ! :p
    Today here will be a mix ...... will see what my back will put up with ! :p

4. OLD Ron

Cloudy & 34 here but will get up to the 40s they say . Snow showers & rain all week . :rolleyes:
    Managed to sort & pack 9 boxes yesterday to go to shop 4 . Boring work o_O Add to it an hour conversation with a lawyer & your brain melts ! :p
    Today will be better ...... maybe . :rolleyes:
    Still looking at some off grid things for shops 2.... 3 & 4 . The ideas are endless .... the cost is scary .:eek: Spending a lot of money to save a smaller amount over a long time is a tough one to figure out . I may need to live to a 100 to see a pay back on this brainfart . :rolleyes:

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  5. OLD Ron

Snow showers now 33 out there .
    Winter seems to be closing in on us here . :(
    With all this rain the project house had a water problem ...... the coupling on the sump came loose & water sprayed on the floor . :eek:
    Caught it fast enough there was no damage . Just a couple gallons of water to clean up . Plan was to stay clean for at least one day this month . No luck on that so far . :p Came close yesterday until I became a plumier . Always something breaking down . At least there is heat in that house ..... & lights . :cool:
    Only a week or so until the get out & vote robo calls will slow down :D The scam calls can't get through with all the political crap on the lines . Funny how we pay for a convenience & it is used to harass us . o_O
    It has made some of us more rude than we already was . Deal with goofs all day & go home to relax & the call ...... door knockers ...... & junk mail hit us . Mix in the cost of everything going up & that makes for some bad days . This year the stress on people is off the charts & the easy street suits wonder why people are so ticked off . :rolleyes:
    Seems to me stupid people always try to lead others . :p

Caveman Jim, PeeJay1313 and ellis36 like this.
  6. OLD Ron

Light snow & 30 now . It won't last but looks like a white winter on the way .
    A buddy just came back from quail hunting . He said it rained a lot but still got 13 . I have never had one . Probably like a small chicken .
    Spent yesterday doing service calls . Not fun .... just part of the job .
    Hope is to get back to packing up & hauling treasures . :p Space ..... time & now cold & snow has not helped . With this being the end of another month it will be a busy week .
    Will try for a couple small truck loads today .
    People will be getting sick with this cold so might get interesting to see if they call a cold cv19 & shut us down again . Has been a messed up year is so many ways . I just don't want to get stuck inside with all this stuff piled up around me . :eek:
    It would be nice to get smokey in shop 4 & put up a few lights . :) May not use them much but will sooner or later . That would be more fun than boxing & sorting ! :p

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  7. Caveman Jim

Yep, the showing of winter in the Fall reminds us of the chores we forgot to complete during the summer....:eek::eek::eek:

Definitely time to put away those flip-flops partner...:p:p:p

OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  8. Rifling82

If you go missing we’ll know you’re buried under all your “treasures” :p:D

OLD Ron and Caveman Jim like this.
  9. OLD Ron

So true Jim ...... I managed to get a few done this year but the list just kept growing as the year went on . Now is when I start the list for next summer . :p
    It is sad to trade my flip flops in for boots ! :(
    May need insulated ones for out at shop 4 . That cement is cold & soaks right in me . :p

Caveman Jim likes this.
  10. OLD Ron

The way it is going it would take a long time to find me . :p It all looks like a cave in so it would be tough to know where to start ! The search would be slow because if they are like me they would get distracted at looking at the treasures & forget about looking for me ! :eek:

Caveman Jim likes this.
  11. OLD Ron

Cloudy & 26 here getting up to 30s today .
    Not a good day to go to shop 4 but need to so will bundle up .
    Spent all day at the project house . Managed to tear out 3 walls in the basement . That makes it all open & looks a lot bigger . :)
    I have a red truck load ready for shop 4 so will need to get it out there . By the weekend I hope to bring Liz to shop 1 & get a big load to run out .
    I need to get smokey in the shop too for the winter . It will be the first time she will be inside since I owned her . I hope the cold doesn't make her not want to start .
    Getting the parking situated in there so I can still get around will be fun to figure out . :rolleyes: May end up with the pull a couple vehicles out to work trick ....... With all the materials I have on the floor it makes the place small but only temporarily . A few tons of steel & wood on the walls & it will be a lot better . :D Easier said than done ! :p
    My thinking that I could work with others there working was way off . With all there trucks & equipment there it just couldn't happen . Lesson learned !

Oldoutlaw, ellis36 and Caveman Jim like this.
  12. Rifling82

I’d make sure they put a headstone out in front of each shop, no use lookin for your a**

Oldoutlaw, OLD Ron and Caveman Jim like this.
  13. Caveman Jim

ROFLMAO!!!:p:D:p:D

Rifling82 and OLD Ron like this.
  14. OLD Ron

yes the door is still there.JPG Still here funny boy ! :p
    And it was a fun day at shop 4 !
    Actually did a lot out there to make things better .
    Brought up my side by side ....
    dug out 1/2 the side door in shop 2 .....
    tried out the forks on the tractor ....
    put smokey inside ......
    have a rocker set up for rifling when he stops by ! :p
    easy was to move 2 things at once.JPG forks work great.JPG smokey fits in.JPG still room left.JPG

Oldoutlaw, Rifling82 and Caveman Jim like this.
  15. Caveman Jim

Nice. I can remember when I built my shop and didn’t have much of anything in it, that was 20 years ago and I’m surprised that there is any air in it...:eek:

OLD Ron likes this.
  16. OLD Ron

:pNow that's funny Jim ....... Now I will use that line too .
    Big toys take up a lot of space fast .

Rifling82 likes this.
  17. OLD Ron

26 now but should get better today . It only was up to 39 yesterday but full sun & no wind made it seem really nice .
    I need to make the most I can of the no snow or rain days .
    A week of days like yesterday & I will be ready for winter ...... maybe :rolleyes:
    My insulated boots helped a lot too ..... hate boots but when cold I need to get the toes covered up . :p At least with goodwill boots you don't need to break them in ! :cool:
    A friend was scammed yesterday . He is the first person I know that actually got scammed . They talked him into buying 2 $500 gift cards for Target . The lights came on for him ...... finally ..... & he didn't give them the #s so they could access it . He is only in his 40s & still fell for the crap . Plus he has a virus on his computer now . I accessed his email account & cleaned it all out for him . He had over 3 thousand emails & didn't know how to erase them . :confused: I thought he was a lot smarter than all this ...... I now call him sucker ....... maybe he will change his ways a bit . :rolleyes:

18. Caveman Jim

Ad 20 years and I am in the same mentality as Sucker. I;m technologically challenged to say the least...:p:p:p:p

19. Rifling82

OLD Ron and Caveman Jim like this.
  20. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Smart Arse! :D