The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Thanks ellis .
    It is my hid out away from the city crap .
    It is a good place to go goof or shoot . The peace & quiet most days is really nice & no traffic to speak of . I always wanted a place in the country & that's why I bought this one . It was all fields & no trees but slowly I am betting a few sprinkled around the place . When done it will be a fun place to go to & work on projects or just spend the day doing nothing . :p

2. OLD Ron

Starting the day with a sore back but at least it didn't rain much .:p
    Next week high in the 40s ? crap ! :eek:
    A long list of to do s no time to get at them all .
    The painter is doing a good job & moves quick . :) I will need to pick up a couple 5 gal. cans of paint for him today so as not to slow him down .:eek:
    I will keep him in mind to do my house ..... if I ever see the walls again ! :confused:

3. OLD Ron

Looks like a good day on tap . :)
    There is frost for tomorrow night so will need to dump water today . o_O
    Went & picked up paint yesterday ..... $277 for paint ! :eek: I hope that shack brings good money back with new paint .
    He is on the third BR & I have been prepping the kitchen so I am a tad ahead of him . :)
    Called for a dumpster for junk to go in ....... $175 a load ....... none ready & it may take a week or more to get one . :eek: Plan B is get a load of boxes & a bunch of junk that will burn & run to shop 4 . Off load then spend a few hours at the shop . Then back to house project & pull nails ..... fill holes ..... remove outlet covers . :rolleyes: This week so far have been an old man running week ! :p Working from dark to dark makes for a long day ....... good thing the days are getting shorter ! :p

Caveman Jim and ellis36 like this.
  4. OLD Ron

Cold but dry day here .
    Talking about snow ..... :eek:
    It won't last but still a bad sign .
    Today will be a mix of work ...... buying house stuff ...... calling & beaching about the shop . :p
    Just another day in wonderland .
    The exhaust fan in the bathroom at the house project didn't work ...... pulled it apart & the fan was locked up . Looked that puppy up .... $119 just for the fan ! :eek: Tore it apart last night ...... cleaned it & oiled it ..... works ! :)
    It is a good thing I don't get paid by the hour ! :p
    The wind yesterday was ugly at shop 4 !
    Did manage to drop a few things off & toss some in the burn pile . Dumped the water tanks & pulled the bobcat around the building . Took the forks off the bobcat & put a tooth bucket on . That old girl ran way better than expected . With a days work & some tlc she should back on the use line ! :) ( fixing the leaks will be fun )
    The shop is filling up fast ! All 4 shops look really bad right now ! :eek: A lot of work for a place to work ! :oops:

5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

You just stay busy Ron because if ya slow down ya get old really quickly...;)

Starting to get nice up here in the PNW with wet windy days and cooler temps. The Coho should be here in good numbers in a week or so and duck and goose season opens Saturday!!!!:D:D:D

7F889C16-6030-443E-A582-DB4F82259464.jpeg

OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  6. OLD Ron

Sounds like you will be busy stocking up on some meat for the next few weeks Jim ! Get the freezer full ...... could be a long winter . :)

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. OLD Ron

Yep getting colder here ..... 31 right now ..... no flip flops outside today ! :p
    Yesterday fell short of the plan . Was all ready to hit it & said to myself ..... screw this !
    Stayed here at shop 1 all day & dug paths around the place so I could walk .
    Today will be yesterdays plan ! o_O
    Got another run around from Cleary buildings yesterday . Could get interesting next time I get to calling them . :mad: Plan is to work on up the chain of command there & see who will do the right thing for me .
    I need to call a flooring guy & get some samples & prices on that . Bet the bid will make me sick ! :confused: I didn't realize how cheap I work until I hired others to do work I can & do. Sad thing is people getting the high prices are always busy ! :eek: I bet all old people think this way . Now I are one . :p I have often wondered ...... seems like the more money we make ...... the more things cost . Are we getting ahead or loosing ground & just think we are doing better ? Being as crazy as I am I guess it really doesn't matter that much . :p

Caveman Jim and ellis36 like this.
  8. OLD Ron

Yesterday went really well ! :)
    Painter is almost done with the main floor of the house project .
    Bucket & quick connect is done & on the back of my red truck .
    Had a business lunch that went well ..... damm fish samich & slaw was $ 21 :eek:
    Called up the chain at Cleary & was told a regional mgr. will contact me . :rolleyes:
    Found a bunch of lights out of a new factory that just went belly up ....... cheap . :p
    Also saw a mini exc. that might be fun to mess with . :rolleyes:
    Bought a few more things for the house project .
    All in all not a bad days work . For a cold wet windy day it went well . :)

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  9. OLD Ron

Windy & light rain . Up to around 60 today .
    Rain snow mix by Sunday morning .
    Good day to make a stab at shop 4 today outside .
    If the quick attach goes on the tractor well I hope to move more rock around .
    Then get Liz back to shop 1 for another large load to shop 4 maybe tomorrow .
    Racing the snow has made the work interesting . :p Pain in the butt is probably a better way to describe it !
    Now is when I get to see all the problems the delays have caused me during the summer build . :eek:

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.
  10. OLD Ron

It was ugly cold & windy today .
    Just took the bucket to shop 4 & parked the truck inside . Brought liz back to shop 1 then off to the house project . Managed to make a huge mess there in the garage tearing out plaster ! :p My brother needed my truck so offered it to him & he had a headache so didn't use it today . He is about to find out that I don't have time for screw ups . :cool:
    So tomorrow it will be colder at shop 4 to work in & get the bucket off the truck & the quick connect on the tractor .
    Rain / snow showers most of the next week . :eek:
    Looks like things will need to be moved in the box truck here on out for the year . :(
    I need a couple months of just small projects ! :p

ellis36, Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  11. OLD Ron

Cloudy & 42 here . Rain snow mix on the way .
    Will run to shop 2 today .
    Plan is to dig my way to a side door to get in & out of there instead of the big doors . o_O
    Only a few tons of treasures to move there ! :p
    Will need to dress for the cold today . :(
    Plan is do what ever seems like a good idea today . :rolleyes: Will see if that quick connect gives me pains . Would be nice to get that on & working . Will have to wait to paint it until next year . It is just to cold to paint now . ...... ok may test a couple small spots :p
    Just looked outside ....... SNOW ! :eek:

ellis36, Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  12. OLD Ron

Yesterday was different ........ spent hours messing with the quick connect . Long story short ....... the butthole that welded it up put parts in the wrong places . :mad:
    Called & told him & he told me to fix it ...... yep he really did . I will but he lost a customer . Not to mention if a chance comes along he will get the same treatment . Or worse !
    Today will be a fun kinda day in wonderland ! :p
    Up early cleaning things up a bit ...... then meet with the painter ....... then go shopping ...... then to shop 4 & get my part to be fixed ...... buy some steel ...... dig a hole in shop 1 so I can weld that part up . Probably will take a few days to get at it but at least it will be here .
    Can't wait to check out that mini hoe to see if I can make a deal on it . :p The price isn't bad but need to run it a bit to see how shook up it is . They can get real expensive to fix ! :eek: Just the drive motors are 3k each & there is 4 on it ...... not to mention a pain to replace . With the list of repairs I already have ..... hate to add one more to it . :oops:
    I moved a few tings around yesterday in shop 4 to make room for smokey to get inside . :) Plan is to use that old girl to put up some wood & steel inside the building . Will need to keep a fan running with her running inside . :confused: I have a big one in shop 2 ...... if I can find it . :p That & a open ceiling should keep it safe to work in .
    Real busy days seem to go by fast .

13. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Be safe brother, that carbon monoxide is a killer.

OLD Ron likes this.
  14. OLD Ron

Rain /snow again today . It is 31 here now .:(
    Yesterday I was run around sue all day . :p
    Bought 10 8' lights for shop 4 .... cheap
    Picked up 2 steel bushings to fix the quick connect :rolleyes:
    Ran the mini & checked it out ...... it needs work :p Made an offer on it . o_O
    Four trips to shop 4 really burnt up some daylight & to boot it snowed off & on all day .
    Today is paper work & what ever else I can fit in day .
    I would like to get a load in Liz to go to shop 4 but that is a big order & takes a lot of time to get done . :oops: Anything is better than paper work ! :p

Caveman Jim, PeeJay1313 and ellis36 like this.
  15. OLD Ron

Cold & rain today .
    Rain & all the way up to 60 tomorrow & then back to the crapper & rain .
    At least you don't have to shovel rain ! :p
    Kinda sorta forgot about paper work yesterday . :rolleyes:
    Did manage to get a pile of treasures ready to put on Liz . :cool:
    Went & did some shopping & lumber is coming back down . :) Not back to what it was but getting closer .
    If I manage to get my desk cleaned up will shoot to shop 4 tomorrow & try for some improvements there :rolleyes:
    I hope those lights work well . Really need light out there this time of the year . If 10 isn't enough I will grab 10 more . o_O
    Old people need a lot of light to see what they are messing up ! :p ...... maybe it's just me .
    Will light up the phone to Cleary & the door guys again today & see what BS they come up with . :eek: Five days & no call back is about my limit .
    That's the wonderland report for the day ! :p

Caveman Jim, PeeJay1313 and ellis36 like this.
  16. slow_burn

slow_burn Member

weather here has been crazy here. near sub freezing temps, then rain, now coming warmer temps.

OLD Ron likes this.
  17. OLD Ron

Same here burn .
    Tough to plan a day with things changing so fast .

slow_burn, Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.
  18. OLD Ron

It was a good mixed day here . :)
    Jumped in the paper work & came out a bit poorer .
    Called Cleary & they say they will fix the problems .
    Called the door people & they will put the new panel in First of November & adjust the doors .
    Pulled out the quick connect & cut the nubs off & made new bushings for the pin & a hole to pin the pin . :p Took me around 90 min. to fix that wing nuts screw up . :mad: Tough part was getting space to work & get at the tools to do the work .
    easy clean work area.JPG Is.JPG should be.JPG my fab..JPG

19. OLD Ron

Heavy rain & 43 here at 3 a.m.
    Looks like a wet day here in wonderland . :rolleyes:
    Plan is to load Liz with treasures & run to shop 4 . Get a couple 8' lights hooked up & see if I need more . Then dig my way to at least one side door on shop 2 for access . Will try to get as far back as the stripper poles :p
    The temps will be in the 60s so better work fast because tomorrow it will only be in the 40s . :(
    The wet cold really kicks my butt . Not much of a work in the cold type person . Must be getting soft in my old age .
    I bought 30 outlets .... switches & covers for the house project . Will need a chair for getting those back crackers in . :p In a few week I should have the main floor done ..... then I will go on the basement & garage & shop areas . Looking tough to get it ready for sale by the end of the year . :(
    Funny how if I find people to do work ...... they screw things up that I have to go back & fix . Or they don't show up to get the work done . Doing a lot of this myself has really saved a lot of money ...... just takes longer to get done .
    Getting my welding tools out was kind of fun yesterday . :cool: That kind of work is quick & you get a done stamp right away .
    You guys that do this stuff every day probably think I am nuts for saying it is fun .
    I don't take on big projects to often so the process is interesting & fun learning how things are done . Having the right tools & big toys to play with helps too ! :p
    It was so nice to work on the tractor ....... inside & be able to walk all around it . That is why I wanted more space to work . I really think once the shops are set up I will get a lot more projects done . :rolleyes:

20. OLD Ron

Was a wet day all day today . Good news is I was in shop 4 most of the day . :)
    Managed a full load of junk & treasures to shop 4 today .
    Tested lights out to see if there will be enough light or if I will need more . The 4' LEDs are really bright ! $50 each ...... 8' used lights are a nice light ...... $15 each . Will get a few 16' up & see what they are like . Picked up 3 more 8' pallets .... luv that fork truck ! :p
    The quick connect put up a fight but is now on the tractor . ;) Not a bad days work for a old fart ! :cool:
    8' old lights.JPG brightness.JPG handy lift.JPG display case.JPG

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.