The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

When’s the party Ron? I’m coming up there!

OLD Ron likes this.
  2. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

At this pace rifling I will need to make it handicapped accessible for me to get in .
    :p

ellis36, towboater and Rifling82 like this.

3. OLD Ron

Another nice day here ..... then it cools off for a bit .
    Today is another mixed bag of to do s .
    I need to see what they have for inside corners for the steel & see if sheet rock will fit in it too . Then look at LED lights ...... then banking . Run tubs out to shop 2 & check the cement & if no show today I will light up his phone . Back to shop 1 & get those parts on the car . No idea what I will do with my spare time after that ! :p
    My gutter guards came in so might tackle that & hope they work this fall . Lots to stay busy while I wait on cement . :rolleyes:

Caveman Jim, PeeJay1313 and ellis36 like this.
  4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I know right! Their idea of forest management is they’ll take that money and spend it on funding illegal immigrants, drugs for the junkies and the overinflated PERS...

OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  5. OLD Ron

Another nice day for here ! :)
    It must be making up for the cold & rain a bit .
    If no cement down today ..... he is fired ! :mad:
    Did get that link in & it put up bit of a fight but is done . :p Had to lay on cement but better than gravel .
    Didn't get time for shopping so will get that today . It shouldn't get to expensive but who knows .
    May call an Amish outfit & see what they bid for the ceiling . Would like to frame out the inside room first so as not to waist the steel in places I don't want it .
    Could be an interesting day shopping .
    :p

6. OLD Ron

Shopping sucked ! :p
    The stores I went to didn't have anything I was looking for ........ all said we have that but you need to order it on line . I don't like to order what I can see or hold . This is the modern day order things through the sears catalog . This is progress ? Big difference is we get a crap things sent to us faster & the returns take for ever . I am not big on shopping ...... especially wearing a mask !
    Good news is the cement is 1/2 done outside & they say they will be done today ! :)
    So by Monday I should be able to drive on it . Then the wheels will start turning around the shop ! May get a few things done this month .... yet ! :rolleyes:
    Getting things out of shop 1 & 2 will be really nice . Working on projects may be nice yet here . A hundred tubs of inventory gone & stored will be great ! :cool: Then I can get 6 projects all going at the same time ! :confused:
    Then I can get back to griping about no gun parts to be found ! :p The ones with all the parts will get a done stamp & the ones with missing parts will get a tag of missing part . Will see how that plan goes ! :p

7. OLD Ron

Cool temps. today but no rain ! :)
    It was a mixed bag yesterday . The cement was done at noon . :) Good news . The cement that was just put in is at the wrong pitch ! :eek: Bad news ! Call ed the contractor .... long song & dance ...... he will fix it !
    Always something ! :rolleyes: ( not paid yet so I'm sure he will )
    Will call the garage door guys to tweak the 2 new doors Monday .
    Bought 2 LED lights to see what 10,000 lumens is looking like . :rolleyes: Couldn't say 600w of light nooooooo new words . ( the commies ! )
    Will need a lot of dirt around shop 4 . :eek:
    Did manage to clean up a bit outside the shops but still have a long ways to go .
    Gutter guards still need to go on shop 1 . Not running short on to dos...... :p closer.JPG

towboater, Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.
  8. Rifling82

FTF party is getting closer! Lookin good

9. OLD Ron

Right now the invites would say bring guns & work clothes ! :p

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  10. OLD Ron

Cool day he in the low 60s but at least no rain . :)
    Worked out a deal on the cement screw up so now I can get back to getting things inside going . A truck load of tools hauled out there will get me going . I may try to get a load ready this weekend to run there Monday .
    Lumber situation is getting worse up here . A 4x8 sheet of plywood is $50 now ! :eek: That is bad if you need one but if you need 50 it really sucks ! At least I have enough on hand to really get going on things . When the prices come back down I will buy more . Until then the plan is to keep sorting & packing & moving . Make do with what I have on hand isn't all bad . :cool: A friend said he & I could put up 600 2x4x8s in a day . :rolleyes: I had to take a nap just thinking about trying that ! :p After 5' up it gets tougher all the way to 16' up .

11. OLD Ron

Good outside work day ! :)
    Hope I get a chance to do some . :p
    Yesterday went right in the dumper with service work . :(
    Probably a good thing because it took an hour to change 4 light bulbs in one light at shop 1 . The dirty commies couldn't give you just another 1/4 inch to get them in & out easily.
    So today s plan is yesterdays plan & a bit more . Will toss some tools in the red truck & go to shop 4 drop those off & get Liz to come back & get a load . She is a little low on fuel so there goes $100 out the window . That is not a cheap truck to run . :p
    May go crazy & get lumber inside the shop & keep the fork lift there in it's new home .
    That will free up some space in shop 2 . :)
    I will need space in 2 to get wiring & things out of for the new shop . Bet I can make a mess in 2 shops quick ! :rolleyes:
    I need to make up the 4x8 pallet so I can move more at one time & also use it to do high nailing if I get someone to operate it with me on it . :eek: I want to see more progress at the shops ! ...... finally ! Waiting on others has not been easy . :oops:

12. OLD Ron

What a nice day yesterday ! :)
    Sun out in the low 70s & treasures moving all over the place . :p
    I have Liz 1/2 full now & will top her off & run to shop 4 & get the red truck to haul brush for brother . Then unload & move things out of 2 again & around & around I will go .
    I feel many more sore back days in my future ! :eek:
    For now it looks like I may have enough room ! :rolleyes:
    e side shop 2.JPG w side shop 2.JPG lumber.JPG e side shop 4.JPG

Caveman Jim, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  13. Caveman Jim

Oh boy I had to zoom in on pic number one, looks like a king size bed over there. Figure with all the work to you have to do there you are going to get cozy at shop number four. LOL good luck brother and keep at it.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    OLD Ron likes this.
  14. OLD Ron

Thanks Jim ! :)
    It is a good size project to mess with ....... but long over do . Picked a bad year to add this to my to do list . I will have a BR in shop 3 upstairs for resting out there . :p As the years tick by I seem to need to rest a lot more .:rolleyes:

Caveman Jim likes this.
  15. OLD Ron

Sore back day yesterday ! :eek:
    Managed a full load in Liz to go to shop 4 . Just parked the truck inside & grabbed the red truck & went back to town to grab a trailer load of brush to run back to the shops burn pit . My brother & his friend really put a load on that trailer . Took me over a hour just to get it off & in the pit . :confused:
    Of course the cement guys showed up to tear out there mistake & had the drive way all blocked up .
    Shop 1 is really messed up again with taking things out to shop 4 . Digging my way to walls ! :p
    My brother has been bragging about painting his whole house inside & decorating ....... some days I really don't like him much ! :p
    Ended the day by buying a store bought pizza & threw that down my neck & took a nap until 1 a.m. :rolleyes:

16. Caveman Jim

I thoroughly agree that our aging bodies demand more downtime. I built my shop really close to the house for a reason, if I had to get in the house I could crawl there...:D

17. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

My local gun store over the weekend having a little fun.

towboater, Caveman Jim and OLD Ron like this.
  18. Rifling82

Ron u still with us? Pile of treasures didn’t fall on you did they?

OLD Ron and Oldoutlaw like this.
  19. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Ron! Are you OK??????

20. Rifling82

He’s under there somewhere

OLD Ron likes this.