The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Well the early plan didn't go well .
    The lumber showed up early for a change & that was good ..... moved everything out of the shop & only had what I was working with inside . By 10 a.m. I called the spray guy .... left a message ...... his office called back at 11 . Said she would contact him ..... he said he thought he said some time this week .... no Thursday like I have written down :rolleyes: so maybe tomorrow . :eek:
    Then so many phone calls came in my phone went dead . Worked until 1:30 & with the heat & I crunched a corner of the building .... time to go home . :p Talked to a lawyer for a long time on other things so now I have more to think about . Don't they know old people don't need to be thinking this much ? ! :confused:
    The AC & a couple samiches will help ! :cool:

dango, Caveman Jim and Oldoutlaw like this.
  2. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Uh, mind splainin that further? :D

dango, Caveman Jim and OLD Ron like this.

3. OLD Ron

Well ........ it involved a big steel bucket on a tractor full of rock that needed to get close to the building .:rolleyes:
    The heat & a phone call had me go in a little to close to the corner ....... dumped the rock ...... tilted the bucket back up & caught the edge of the corner & kinda crunched it a bit . :eek:
    The repair will come the next trip out there :p
    There is no picture so can't prove it really happened ! :p After the repair you will never know it was crunched ! :cool:

dango, towboater, Rifling82 and 2 others like this.
  4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

That right there is character my friend!!!:p:D:p:D

dango, OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  5. Oldoutlaw

Ron is a character alright.:)

dango, OLD Ron and Caveman Jim like this.
  6. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Yeah, we all must seem like real comic book characters at times, eh...:D
    I was the Joker the other day leaving the boat ramp with the transom rope attached.:eek::eek:
    :p:p:p

dango, towboater and OLD Ron like this.
  7. Oldoutlaw

Uh Oh!

Caveman Jim, dango and towboater like this.
  8. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

“Character “ is putting it lightly :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  9. OLD Ron

OK fine I have a few ..... very small ..... character flaws . :p
    No rain today so back to shop 2 & meet the spray guy ....... again .:rolleyes:
    So today I get to meet him & try to do things I put off doing yesterday to meet him :rolleyes:
    He wants to meet there at 7 a.m. so going to the store first to get things first is off .
    So today will be a mixed bag of things to do ....... like most days lately :p
    Funny how many people peee on your boot & try to tell you it is raining ! :eek:
    Had to use that nasty shovel thing again yesterday so sore back again to start today out . :cool:
    With the storm south of us the lumber prices have jumped way up ..... again ! Things are selling right off the trucks . Some are buying 4 & 5 generators at a time to sell for double on the internet . Really sad people out there ...... seems like there #s are growing .
    Gotta run ..... hope you all have a great day ! :)

Caveman Jim, dango, towboater and 2 others like this.
  10. Oldoutlaw

That storm was like a hurricane down this way. Lots of damaged houses, roofs, out buildings of all types. Right here in the QC Mid American just said minutes ago they still have 21,000 services in the QC still out. Alliance Energy has many also. Forget what figure the radio gave.

MEAT! Good luck if you can find much in the stores that have been able to reopen. I got some today at Blue Grass's little grocery. They have an edge because they also own a good sized Locker Plant about 15 miles from here. Lots of cattle raised in this area. Store was cutting and grinding meat as fast as they could go an hour ago.

Caveman Jim, dango, towboater and 2 others like this.
  11. OLD Ron

Are you all back up & running ?
    We still see a lot of CR plates up here shopping . The meat around here is finally dropping back down . Lumber is still going up with all building materials . :eek:
    Picked a fine year to put up a shop ! :p

Caveman Jim, dango and Oldoutlaw like this.
  12. OLD Ron

That foam insulation is a interesting process . I watched them get set up & start ..... then went & did other things that needed getting done . Did manage to take that corner off that wasn't dented . :p The foam truck was in the way so couldn't get a new one made to put on ...... another day for that one .
    didn't happen.JPG foam 2 (1).JPG foam 3.JPG foam 2 (2).JPG

Caveman Jim, dango, Oldoutlaw and 5 others like this.
  13. Oldoutlaw

We are good at my place.

14. OLD Ron

Turned out to be a laid back day here ..... those every so often isn't bad . :)
    The early rain was nice but stopped any plans of outside things . Put a lot of tools & things away that were drug out in a rush to get to shop 2 early . Small pockets of organized places are showing up again . The tubs of things brought down from the attic are a bit of a space problem & I refuse to put them back up there . A day without rocks in my flip flops is a vacation ! :p
    Next on my end will be laying out pipes to go under the cement . Then compact the edges of the building . May need some water in there so the dust is held down a bit . The roller turns those fines to dust . :eek:

15. OLD Ron

Nice summer day here ! :)
    First plan of the day ....... junk !
    The goal will be to load a truck full of junk to take out to shop 2 & burn .
    Tried to give away some old furniture to the mission but they aren't taking things because of cv19 . So off to the burn pile it goes along with old tax records I have kept for 50 years .
    My accountant said I only need to keep 7 years back so the rest is just taking up space I need for treasures ! :pKeep this up I may not need the big shop ! :rolleyes: ..... OK that's not even close to the truth . :p A full can a week has been good but I need to make a bigger push at getting things gone before winter hits . Talking about this today is the easy part :eek:

dango, Oldoutlaw, Rifling82 and 2 others like this.
  16. OLD Ron

The plan went well ! :eek:
    Had a really full truck load that went to the burn pile ! :)
    Even moved my ice box here to shop one ..... seemed like a good idea at the time but now to find a place for a 1800 ice box ! :confused:
    For a small chest that puppy is really heavy to move around . The insulation may be charcoal & that is why it is so heavy . May need it for my off grid shop . :cool:
    ice box.JPG

17. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

It is my pleasure to welcome you ! I know I'm quite late to the thread but I'd been gone a few months too many , takes time to catch up . I know you'll like it here , I got over ten years here myself .

So a huge welcome from dango , North Western Pa .

winds-of-change and OLD Ron like this.
  18. OLD Ron

Thanks Dango .
    I have made some good friends on here already & hope to get to know more as time goes by . Over all they have been really tolerant of my odd lifestyle & join in with me & have some fun . I do my best not to get in the drama or politics & just share fun things with others on here .

19. dango

I like "ODD LIFESTYLES" , my own has not been one of normality .....:) We should get along quite well , again , welcome to the family !

20. dango

Workin on that diplomacy I see ? :D

OLD Ron, ellis36 and Rifling82 like this.