The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Ron, you must have escaped yesterday straight line winds. They devastated much of Central and Eastern Iowa. It was a huge area storm.

Storm was moving at 70mph and the wind at an average of 100mph. Here, the NWS recorded 100mph and just South of here 112mph. And get this, it kept up for 2 1/2 hours constant.

Power went off about 1:30 PM yesterday. Still not on and may not be for a few days in some areas. Running on Generator for now. I have 2 more tanks of propane, but may need to find more.

Problem is, most stores closed due to no power out my way at all. In this low valley, I have no big damage. Houses up above me are still cleaning up. No one has any water at all. Pumps don't run without power.:)

Talk to you later.

Caveman Jim, OLD Ron, ellis36 and 2 others like this.
  2. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Damn Outlaw! Hang in there

3. Oldoutlaw

Will do. It is what it is.

OLD Ron, ellis36 and Rifling82 like this.
  4. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Glad everyone is ok. I wish quick repairs for ya

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  5. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Outlaw ...... what do you need there ?
    I will get what I can here for you & bring it down . I haven't been to shop 2 since the storm but haven't heard of damage in the area .
    There was a lot of cars & trucks from down your way up here this morning early trying to get generators & chain saws .
    Let me know your needs & I will be there tomorrow :)

6. Rifling82

All the sudden Outlaw has everything he needs :p:p:D

Oldoutlaw and OLD Ron like this.
  7. OLD Ron

Truck or car full ..... I will do what I can for him & his . :)
    He is only around 90 miles away so no big deal to run there . :p

Caveman Jim and Oldoutlaw like this.
  8. Rifling82

He probably don’t wanna see you :p

Caveman Jim, Oldoutlaw and OLD Ron like this.
  9. OLD Ron

I was going to help his wife & the dog ! :p

Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  10. Rifling82

Oh! Well hell, ok!

Oldoutlaw and OLD Ron like this.
  11. Oldoutlaw

That is gracious of you Ron. You are a good friend. I had no serious damage at all. Mostly clean up at first. Then, getting my propane generator out and running. Naturally, it didn't want to start right away. However, after a good cussing out it started. It is a propane powered Generac. A good one. Pull start of course! These can be touchy starting after sitting for very long. Plus, always, always have a spare plug around.

Damage is very wide spread. You can't buy a generator or chainsaw around most of Eastern Iowa. From Des Moines to here . Blue Grass and Buffalo businesses have been told today they may not have power for 4-5 more days. Mid American serves them and the QC. We are on REC and I got power back about 10 minutes ago. 30 hours with no power.

Grocery and Convenience stores are disposing of all the melted products and meats. Sad to see. But we are fine. Just tired out. Now, I gotta figure out who that sells propane is open and get some tanks refilled for me. :)

12. OLD Ron

If you have a problem getting some outlaw just let me know & I will get some here & bring it down to you . Thursday I will need to be at the shop for lumber & insulation ...... if they are still coming . but tomorrow & Friday or at night I could get there for you . Happy to help if you need me to .
    :)

Caveman Jim, Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  13. OLD Ron

Cell phones are out up here but the power is still on . Good thing too ..... was running out of clean clothes ! :p

14. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Your a good man OLD Ron.

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  15. Oldoutlaw

Pretty certain I can get some down in Muscatine. Only 15-17 miles from here on 61. I have a couple empty 20lb tanks, but 4 more new 20lb and 1 30lb in the garage. Oh, and still have 1 full one.

I get a laugh at all the folks with their gasoline generators around here.
    Most only have 2 to 5 gallons of gasoline on hand for one. Time after time like this storm or a real bad Winter one, they quickly run out of gasoline for it. They cannot get it into of their heads that the gas pumps run off of electricity also. You can't get gasoline tonight unless you drive 15 to 20 miles at least to get it. Propane fill needs no electricity. :)

16. Oldoutlaw

Kathy says "Hi" and Bo says "Woof."

Rifling82 and OLD Ron like this.
  17. Rifling82

:p:D

OLD Ron likes this.
  18. OLD Ron

Should be a nice outside day here in wonderland . :cool:
    Will shoot for some more paper work & try for some outside things . No seance in letting those clothes stay clean to long ! :p Weed whacking can make a mess of me quick ! I should go get a few tubs to put knives in & stack . A tub of those buggers can get heavy quick ...... maybe smaller tubs .:rolleyes:
    With the rain now the grass will take off again like crazy ...... needed more work !
    Should be able to weed wack tomorrow while the spray guy is working . Really got far behind this year with the grass & weed things at all shops . Busy summer for a old fat guy ! :p
    Still watching for that one auction that was put off because of the cv19 crap . There may be a few things there I could use ..... if they ever get the auction going again . o_O

19. OLD Ron

After a day of paper work & phone calls ..... just had to get in the rescue room for a bit ! :p
    It is still a mess but less of a mess than yesterday . :eek:
    Was sorting knife tubs & found a knife makers set of the stages he did to make a knife . Kind of a cool old thing :) I already forgot his name but he was old school knife maker down south . He only did a few a year & I found that real common with the makers back then . No rush ..... just good work . knife steps.JPG

20. OLD Ron

Looks like a good day here ! :)
    It will be interesting to see how it unfolds . May be able to get a few more things done at shop 2 no matter what the others do . I will probably have to pull everything out of the shop for him to spray the walls . No idea how long that will take to get done . Just happy I am not doing it ! :p I can make a big mess with just those little cans !
    I am ready for the lumber so that's no big deal . I would have bought more but it sitting outside wasn't a good idea in my mind to have to much out there .
    May go crazy & do some cleaning up outside there ! :rolleyes: Loads to do & big toys to play with . :)