The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Your too far North to hear any thing from down here. :p

ellis36, OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  2. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

I went with cleary buildings . They gave me the best price of the 4 places I checked . All the places have a line of BS to sell there buildings . At the end of the day it all comes down to the best building you can get for the money . I spent a lot of time comparing the buildings so I was getting the same building of each . Long story short I saved over 10 k on this building shell . That money will still be spent but on upgrading other things on the inside . :)

3. OLD Ron

Hot day on tap here ! :eek:
    Will make a quick run to shop 2 & get the starter off the forklift .... clean up the job site for the guys & run for AC & do sorting & packing . :p
    They do clean up but didn't have a big trash bag so said they would do it Monday . It doesn't hurt me to help out a bit & if it saves them an hour & they put that hour towards the building all the better for me . As soon as they are gone I can move on with the next step in the project .
    Heat & storms called for all next week so may slow things down . With the shell tight all the inside things can be done rain or shine . That will help things move along a lot quicker than the outside things .
    I have been wheeling & dealing on steel for inside ..... dirt for outside . :p Also dealing on 2" foam for the floor . ( that stuff is expensive ! ) The steel will need to be painted but I bought it for 10% of new cost . That's worth some paint ! :cool: I would hire that done but it seems not many want to work . For the price painters want ..... I can spray it on myself for those wages . I am tight with a buck but not lazy ! :p

4. OLD Ron

Well on to plan B :p
    Managed to get the starter out ..... was cleaning up some of the mess ..... wind came up & a storm hit . :rolleyes: Coming down so hard I didn't stop to get parts until this quits . Didn't stop to get storm doors ..... just ran my old butt home . :p

5. OLD Ron

Can't buy a set of starter brushes at a auto store ? :confused:
    Price of pepsi going up $4 a case ? ...... because of can shortage !
    The world is falling apart ! :p
    I am heading back to the 50 s ...... fix as best you can with what you have ...... drink lots of cool aid ! :) A nickel a glass is better than
    a buck a can :p ..... tastes better too :cool:

6. Lonewolf Mcquade

Lonewolf Mcquade Active Member

If you have an auto electric/rebuild shop near you, they should be able to match you up with starter brushes. Although, if the brushes are worn out, so likely is the rest of the starter. Bushings/bearings, commutator out of round(arcs & eats brushes fast-draws more amps) contacts & disk inside solenoid etc.

OLD Ron, Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  7. OLD Ron

Sunny & hot today here in wonderland .
    Plan is run & buy a couple storm doors ..... some plastic for under cement ...... check out some guns at a auction ...... tear down that starter & see what I am dealing with . :)
    Then goof off a bit playing with treasures !
    :p ( good plan ! )

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Sounds like the building is going well, good to hear. ;)

Most have a horror story to tell of their experiences....:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    Rifling82 likes this.
  9. OLD Ron

It really is Jim ...... so far .
    With good people that work really hard things get done quick . Not to mention they know what they are doing . It should be done outside this week if the rain doesn't mess things up to much .
    Then I will get the inside ready for cement .
    That will be dealing with a different contractor & crew . I will do a lot of the prep myself so he will probably be bugging me to hurry up & get ready . :p
    I may be able to start trenching in pipe when the crew is doing outside sheeting . I will ask him tomorrow .

10. OLD Ron

Looks like a good outside day today . :)
    I will run the storm doors to shop 2 today with the plastic rolls . No plan to stay there long because work needs doing at shop 1 outside . I also need to start looking for a deal on around 400 2 x 4 s . Can't drag them in yet until the floor gets down but need to line them up . Shopping is a lot of fun when you deal with people that don't know what they are selling ! :p
    The auction yesterday had a few gun things I would have been interested in but wasn't willing to spend the day waiting for them . Only 2 guns was worth buying but heard they all went for stupid prices . I have enough rescue guns to keep me busy . To many people in a air conditioned building = high prices on even junk ! :rolleyes: If people are so broke they weren't at the auction ! I have been thinking of having a by appointment garage sale when I get the building kinda done . :) Once contractors are out of my way I will have some long days ahead . A lot of work for a place to work ! :p

11. OLD Ron

A mixed bag of things today . :eek:
    Steel didn't come for roof but the crew found other things to put in a full day on . ( now they say Wednesday for steel )
    Starter drive is bad & the repair would be around $100 less than a new one ..... ordered a new on & will be in tomorrow . :rolleyes:
    Got pricing on stacks of lumber ..... can save around 50% buying it by the stack . ( stack = 294 boards in a bundle ) ;)
    Boxed & packed 4 tubs of treasures to go in Liz . :p
    Cut some grass & was rained on 3 times .... not done but some is cut . :oops:
    All in all not a bad day for a fat old guy with limited brain power ! :p

12. OLD Ron

Looks like hit or miss rain days for the rest of the week & then big heat again .
    Another mixed bag today .
    Pick up starter ...... service call ...... check in on shop 2 ...... phone calls & paper work .
    Just reading that ..... kind of a sucky day ! :p
    Will need to toss some fun things around in there to make the day better ! :)
    Also need to keep an eye open to make some side money ...... spending is fun but lately it is going out fast ! :eek: Same thing happened with shop 2 but this time it is a even bigger scale . Old people like me usually are downsizing but not meeeee ! I am expanding . :confused: ( may be bad water in this area ! ) lol

13. Oldoutlaw

Still drinking Mississippi River water are ya?

14. OLD Ron

I wouldn't eat fish out of that river outlaw ! :p So the crazy has to come from someplace else !
    Busy but good day ...... things took way longer than I thought so no time for paper work .... shucks ! :p
    Shop 3 - 4 is looking better every day ! :)
    starter out.JPG siding 1.JPG siding 3 (2).JPG siding 5 (2).JPG

15. OLD Ron

Looks like a nice day on the way today . :)
    Clear slight wind & in the low 80 s .
    Shop 2 time ! :p
    Plan is to get the new starter in ...... give the lift gate a good looking over or start on it . Getting the old one off may get interesting .
    The cement guy is being a tad dicky not calling me back or getting me a bid so on to plan B with cement .
    Will kick the overhead door guys in gear & get those on in the next 2 weeks ..... maybe :rolleyes:
    Will call around about lumber & insulation & get that to the shop . Once that all comes the cement will be put off until it gets up .
    Summer is running out & can't let BS people slow things down ! :cool:

Rifling82, Oldoutlaw and ellis36 like this.
  16. OLD Ron

Well BS people got me again! :p
    No steel for the roof & by 11 I said screw this . The starter went in but doesn't work ..... had no tools there at shop2 to test it . :rolleyes:
    So went to see a guy with worse problems than I had today so as to not feel so bad about mine . Not what I would call a productive day but it is what it is . o_O
    Only thing on my list is getting some food down my neck & get ready for tomorrows adventure . :cool:

Caveman Jim and towboater like this.
  17. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

It’s a Cleary building isn’t it? Shouldn’t they be in charge of getting the metal there?

OLD Ron and towboater like this.
  18. Oldoutlaw

I would certainly think so.

OLD Ron, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  19. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

S
    So you saw outlaw?

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  20. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

"It is what it is"... I use that that term a lot!!! Then, "now I get to deal with it"... Usually comes next..

Caveman Jim, OLD Ron and towboater like this.