The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

UMMM, forklift then in the Liz...:p:p:p

OLD Ron likes this.
  2. Caveman Jim

I'll say this, it's got BALLS...:D:p:D:p

OLD Ron likes this.

3. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Lol

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. PeeJay1313

Update on the vet. I turned it down. At one point I guess it was stolen, stripped and partially put back together. It ran ya, but that was the only good about it. Frame was shoot on the driver side. The dash panel was a pile of parts on the passenger seat. It looked like a electrical nightmare..

ellis36, OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  5. Caveman Jim

That is an every day occurrence with me, mornings tell me what I'm able to do that day.Thank goodness I have my shop and reloading room to putt around in.

I'd be tellin him "It is the LAST TIME"...
    Kinda like the ole horse stumbling while a farmer was heading home from the market. That's ONE, a little while later it stumbled again, that's TWO, a while later it happened again, BANG. The little woman starts goin berserk about shootin the horse so far from home and the husband says, that's ONE...

OLD Ron likes this.
  6. Caveman Jim

Well PJ, I hit the like button but then thought nah, can't like that, at all. Sorry to hear brother.:(
    I'm looking for a 60-70's Ford (cuz I'm a FORD GUY). Fairlane, Galaxy, Torino and I would absolutely sh!t kittens if I found a survivor 69 Talladega!!!!:eek::eek::eek::p

OLD Ron and PeeJay1313 like this.
  7. PeeJay1313

Funny. This came up after the Vet... 20200705_155534.jpeg

Caveman Jim, OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  8. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

You will get a car yet ! :p
    Was good to pass on the vet ..... to much work to get it back together . One day just the right deal will come along & boom you will be a happy camper ! :)

PeeJay1313 and Caveman Jim like this.
  9. OLD Ron

Storms & 70 mph winds today ! :eek:
    Bet the building doesn't start today ! :p
    The doors & windows are coming today so will need to be there rain or shine .
    Only lasted until 11 yesterday ..... the heat was really bad so this old guy went home & worked inside . :cool:
    After 5 robo calls I quit answering my phone . Was in a bad enough mood about the building & heat ...... didn't need the calls ! :mad:
    Calling for storms for the next week ..... going to be a lot of plan B going on in my opinion .
    A guy I know just lost his shop & has 10 days to get out ...... bet there will be some deals there ! ....... to bad I don't have a place to put it . :(
    That said I bet I end up with things I don't need or have a place for any way . :p
    Should have made a bigger shop ! LMAO
    Just opened the bill for rock for last month :eek: 200 ton & this month is worse ! already .... I may need to put a camper there on the lot & sell my house ! :p
    I am still in my budget ..... but running close with all the cost increase . Will save on insulation ..... unless that goes up a bunch . I don't recall this many problems right off with the last building I put up ..... maybe I just forgot . No it's coming back ...... there was a crap load of problems there too ! :p Guess it is just common . Or I am just a picky old fart . :rolleyes:

10. OLD Ron

Hot wasted day at shop 2 .
    Doors & windows finally showed up at 1 .... fun ...... lumber didn't show up . Got a call at 2 the building wouldn't start until Tuesday . That wasn't a surprise . Will get a few days to get back to packing & sorting . At least it is inside out of the heat . :) Will give me time to catch up on laundry around here too . The guy I know borrowed my 12' trailer to get things out of his shop . His plan is to garage sale it . With all the heat & rain that should work out well ..... except he has no garage to sell it out of . :rolleyes: I asked prices on a few things & he didn't give me a price . So I didn't ask again . Can't be buyer & seller both .

Caveman Jim, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  11. OLD Ron

Going for a lazy day today !
    Just see & not plan much of anything that has to be done right away ! :p

12. OLD Ron

All in all it was a nice day today .
    Started out with a busted rear break line ...... $7 & a couple hours & a bunch of magic words later .... all fixed . I need to take some time & go over that truck better . Plan tomorrow to put a new fuel line filter on & finally get the summer tires back on .
    It was so nice I went & bought that dump box trailer for dirt & fire wood . Took it right out to shop 2 & parked it . :p
    Hope it is as handy as I think it will be . :)
    With the heat here back down a bit things can get done outside longer .

13. OLD Ron

Went on a early service call then to pick up some truck parts . New front break pads .... fuel filter .... roters & pads . That will help . Then on the way to start work .... rain ! Big storm on the way . Break time ! :p
    Always interesting to see what the day throws my way .

14. OLD Ron

A good day even with the rain !
    Managed to get everything done on the truck except the fuel filter . They sold me the wrong one . :rolleyes: So with any luck I can get that on tomorrow . Then move on to other to dos .
    Summer is going fast so need this stuff done as quick as I can . Just not enough time or energy for this old guy . :p Days are getting shorter & that's a bad sign . Or maybe a good one because I can get back to the rescue room & play in there . :)

Rifling82 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  15. OLD Ron

Sounds like a good day ahead . Short list .... filter on ..... clean up around the place & buy some Pepsi . The big job will be the clean up part . :p
    Monday will be paper work day :(
    Tuesday will be shop 3 - 4 day :rolleyes:
    Then who the hell knows :eek:
    As long as something is done every day I guess it's a good day . Lifting those 4 tires 6 times each has made be a bit stiff today . I will be in good shape by winter ..... then I can fall apart again . :p That happens every year but as the years pass it seems to take longer to get in shape again .
    Took a couple friends to the guys shop that is out of business . It was fun watching them buy stuff they had no need for . :p
    ( I didn't buy a thing ) I was tempted but held back . 30 years ago I would have bought a lot for a shop . Today it just needs to be kind of basic things to putt around with . Besides I need room for treasures & a way to display them !

Caveman Jim, towboater and ellis36 like this.
  16. OLD Ron

Screw the paper work today ! :p
    It is way to nice out to be inside with papers .
    Yesterday was that way too .
    I did manage to change the in line fuel filter .... twice . I forgot how big of a gas mess that is . This has me caught up with things to the month of April now . 4 months behind is about right .:rolleyes:
    I should run a load out to shop 2 in the small truck & check if the storm did any damage out there . No need to do work out there today because I will be there the next few days & will work then . ( if the builders show up ) :p

Caveman Jim and towboater like this.
  17. Caveman Jim

I know all about those unexpected mechanical things.
    On Friday I went fishing with a friend, had a good 2 1/2 hours of catching (we limited out), headed back and 18 miles from home the starboard side boat trailer bearing got ate and made a mess of things. I had 2 sets of bearings so not a bad deal other than not having any rubber gloves.:eek::eek::eek:
    How I survived as a motor pool mechanic in the Army years ago is beyond me...:D

towboater, OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  18. OLD Ron

They just come on you at the worst times it seems Jim ! The fish make it home ok ?
    My idea of fishing is head across the meat counter to sea food & get my limit ! :p

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  19. OLD Ron

Another mixed bag day but home so it isn't all bad . Took a load to shop 2 & tucked that away the waited for a guy to show up . 3 hours of messing around was enough for me. Almost home & he called & asked if he could meet me in the morning ...... answer .... No .
    At 7 a.m. they are starting on the building & I don't need anything but that going on . After waiting 3 months for the prints on the building ...... got a email version . :mad: Looks good except the 3 windows are in the wrong spot . Not a big deal as long as it gets changed right away . My roll ups still aren't in ..... cv19 BS .... again. 5 weeks for 2 doors is a tad long & still not here .
    Did get a couple shots of my new used dump box . :cool: Should help around the place a bit .
    dump box a.JPG dump box b.JPG

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  20. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

U might find time to do some mowing ;)

OLD Ron and Oldoutlaw like this.