The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Hot & humid today .
    Yesterday it was getting ugly then a storm blew in & cooled things off a bit . At least for a hour or so . I actually stuck it out until 5 p.m. so did get a few things done . My brother stopped out & helped . I think he wanted to play on some equipment again . :p Big toys are fun to mess with .
    Today will be run fuel out there & mess with the Bobcat some more . Not much fun but needs to get running . I did find a broken wire going to the dist. fixed it & still no spark . Looks like keep replacing parts until it runs type thing . :rolleyes:
    Farmer cut off my new trees .... again ! Only 1/2 of them but still sucked ! Steel rods will go with the next ones ! Always a problem ! Nice guy but doesn't seem to care about my work out there . This will need to change . Planting trees is not that much fun . :p
    Dug out a cooler & big jug for lemonade at the shop . Brought the jug home but left the cooler to sit on while working on the Bobcat . That may be there a while !
    Now I know where all that free dirt I got is going to go to ....... around the new shop to knock down that silly grade out there . :)
    New doors & windows will go to the shop on the 9th. so will need to make a space for those until the building calls for them . That is coming up fast so better get at that project .

Caveman Jim, Oldoutlaw and ellis36 like this.
  2. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

You need to either go visit or call that farmer. Tell him this is the second time he cut down your trees.

Caveman Jim, OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.

3. OLD Ron

That would be a good idea if it was only the second time . This is # 5 ! What is going to happen is not to rent to him at all . Getting to old for the crap . :p

Caveman Jim, Oldoutlaw and Rifling82 like this.
  4. OLD Ron

On late night shift now .
    Was a good day at shop 2 .... hot as heck but still a good day . Managed to get the bobcat running & out of the shop to do some work . It still has a ways to go with the tune up & could use some clutches put in . But for now it runs & out of the way so I can move things around in shop 2 & make more room for storage for the things going to 3 /4 .
    Was in the 90s today but a fan helped a lot & staying in the shop too made it better . :)
    bobcat b.JPG

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and Rifling82 like this.
  5. OLD Ron

Hot today so time to get outside & soak some of that heat up ! :p
    Will run to shop 2 early & clean up a bit there until the rock gets there then spread it out & run for inside work . Problem has been order at 7 a.m. & get rock around noon . That will give me a bunch of cleaning time .
    All sorts of things will be going on this week around shop 2 . It will most likely get real interesting at times . :rolleyes:
    Managed to sneak in some rescue room time last night . I need to go buy some new tubs for knives . Then I can stack them better if they all match . No need for great big ones because full of knives they get real heavy ! :p
    About like full ammo cans . Those puppy s after 6 high get to be a bit much to put up .
    Found my RCBS press but the handel is mia . I need a bigger bench ! :cool:
    Found a advertising poster in a frame that is old & really cool ...... problem is in these PC times it would cause me all sorts of problems ! Sad that we can't look at the past & the way things really was & learn not try to erase it . My gram collected black figures ...... she thought they was cute . If she showed them today .... wow . Next thing I would know is radicals would take over my building ! :p That is if they could fit in there by the time I am done stacking things in there . :cool: I may need to start saving for an addition to the new building !
    Thought I found a good deal on line for a dump trailer ...... kept looking & found the same deal in another town of the same trailer . It started screaming scam to me ! :eek:
    I guess the more you deal with others the bigger the chance of a scam . 1/3 the price of others like it was a warning sign . I need to buy a bunch of guns to take my mind off hauling rock & dirt around ! :) I bet parts are really a mess to find or get now . Good thing I don't need to many parts . I just hate to have a gun without all the parts in it & in working order . Those would be wall hangers .... with no wall to hang them on ! :p

6. OLD Ron

Fun day at shop 2 .
    Worked until 3 & it was 97 in the shade with no breeze . My small generator took a crap so no fan to cool down ..... back inside the ac my old butt went . With all the new fill in I plan to check the grade & square again tomorrow a.m.
    So while inside I did manage to fix my dryer so now it shouldn't take so long to dry . :cool:
    Plan is to take some lemonade to shop 2 tomorrow so maybe can last longer in the heat . Did replace cable ends on the fork lift & it starts great now .... or at least it did . lol
    I need to move some rerod & a storm door then let the building start ....... may need to tear out my tobacco garden so there is more room to work around the building . That job will really suck ! :p
    If they did the lay out the way I asked this stuff would not be needing done . :rolleyes: It will still look nice but extra work on my part to get it that way & on short notice . Seems to be nice to work out there until around 10 a.m. & then the heat gets bad & the breaks come more often . With no fan the working was better than sitting in dead air . Even in the shade it was ugly hot . When I was in Iran it was hot but the shade was cool . Must be the high humidity here & none over there .

7. Oldoutlaw

Heat is gonna continue for a bit also. You take care of yourself you old pack rat!

8. OLD Ron

Thanks outlaw ...... this old guy does pace himself in the heat . If I went down that would really screw the week up ! :p
    Don't want the news to be saying old guy found in pile of treasures ! :cool:
    You staying cool down there ?

9. Oldoutlaw

I guess. Pushed myself too far this afternoon mowing and yard work. Heat got me.
    I could barely get into the house. Feeling better now, but whole body stiff yet. Screw the lawn for now.

10. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Drink some Gatorade Outlaw;)

11. Oldoutlaw

Don't wanna go to town. Water is plentiful in the fridge.

12. OLD Ron

My grass need cutting too ..... but not in this heat ! It may slow down growing with the heat too . Maybe we need rifling to come around to old guys place & cut the grass .... he is young & in good shape ! :p

Rifling82 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  13. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I would if I was closer!

14. OLD Ron

I really think you would too rifling ...... just the kind of guy you are ! :)
    All the talking about heat reminded me to make extra ice for the lemonade to go to shop 2 tomorrow . :cool:

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  15. Oldoutlaw

You will surely need it Ron.

16. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Plenty other guys want to work that dirt.

Oldoutlaw and OLD Ron like this.
  17. OLD Ron

It's 4 a.m. & 70 . Would be nice if it stayed that most of the day . :eek:
    A few things to get ready for the shop & should be out the door by day break .
    Lemonade all made up ..... only doing 2 gallons ..... my cooler is 5 gallons but that is a lot of lemonade ! :p
    A friend called last night & he wants to watch this thing go up . I may need to make a picnic of it for when he comes out . A few ham & cheese samiches with tater salad & baked beans might be nice . :)
    Just checked the freezer & the only ham I have is about 10 lbs . That's to much ham for 2 guys to munch up ..... 5 lbs. would be about right . Will need to pick that up fast to get cooked & sliced up for this week . :cool:

18. OLD Ron

Long day at shop 2 today . Ordered rock at 7 a.m. it came at 4 p.m. ..... that is the coolest part of the day ! :rolleyes: Thought the rock came early ...... nope it was a load of steel . SURPRISE ! Another tree hater ! Yep he drove over another row of marked trees ..... just can't get a break with trees around that place . Once the building is up I will put trees all over the place ..... AGAIN ! :p
    Was happy to get steel . ( key word ... WAS )
    Checked the load later in the day while waiting in the heat for rock ....... nice steel ..... wrong color ! :mad: ..... white roof ..... ordered charcoal ...... called the salesman .... he said I ordered white ...... I explained I didn't & wasn't going to take it . He tried to sell me the white for inside ..... no ! ..... so the fight is on ! Sid he would sen a email ..... no email ..... one salesman said the lumber would be there tomorrow ..... no warning ...... another salesman said it wouldn't be until Monday . Start date changed from the 6th to the 13th . Makes it tough to line up other work . Doors & windows are still on for the 9th .... so far .Guess I will just stack them until I get a building going . :rolleyes:
    My brother was out helping & playing on the roller again today ..... saves me time & he likes doing it ..... AND IT'S FREE HELP !
    :p
    With no rock he cut out around 1 & I stuck around in shop 2 sweeping & getting tools & things put away until the rock showed up .... them worked until 5 . Headed home & wow did we get a storm . 5 miles away from shop 2 it opened up . All the way home .... was ugly . Need the rain but with it in the 90s tomorrow it will get a bit sticky . :p
    STEEL.JPG

Caveman Jim, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  19. OLD Ron

Short nap & another long day ahead ! :)
    Not a lot of rock work to get do so plan to work on the red truck breaks . Just need to take a few tools out there . I will have a hour of 2 before my brother gets there so can get things all ready . He is not a early person & anything before 10 a.m. is rough on him . I think the chance to play construction guy helps get him up . Riding a roller isn't hard but does get hot because it moves so slow .
    Another good buy from the treasure hunt ! :p
    Afternoon showers will make the days outside a bit shorter . At this point I can deal with that . :cool:

towboater likes this.
  20. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I could use one of those but only if it's fully loaded...:D:D:D

towboater likes this.