The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

It appears almost alike. Perhaps the house is a bit lighter? I would have to see both in person to really tell.

2. Oldoutlaw

Try your truck. Perhaps a bit of help from your fork truck even. :p

Caveman Jim and OLD Ron like this.

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Nice stove. Yep. They are heavy.

OLD Ron likes this.
  4. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

It is in a basement so my plan is to take it apart . Maybe then I can carry it up the stairs . Cast iron is a bear to lug around . If it is like my other stoves it will break down quite a lot to transport yo shop 3 . Setting a few treasures around 3 will be fun to do & look kind of 1800 s there . I have plenty of old things to do that with . :p

5. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

An opportunity came to me today. NOT firearms related. 76 Corvette Stingray. Barn find... 5k cash its mine. Oh crap, oh crap oh crap..... less then 30k on odometer... IMG955071.jpeg

6. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm must see in person... Too good to be true...

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and OLD Ron like this.
  7. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You’re in the rust belt. Be sure to check the integrity of the frame. They did absolutely nothing to protect the steel frame from rusting, and they have a serious issue with rusting out. Which leaves you with some very expensive repairs.

8. OLD Ron

Better jump on that & go see !
    At 5k if it has a bad frame you could part it out & get double your money back at least .
    Don't tell me where it is or it will be here by the end of the week ! :p That is less than a 50 cal. & you can fire it up any place ! :cool:

9. OLD Ron

Hot & humid here today !
    The AC will stay on for the next month or 2 .
    It is the end of the month so work will take a few days up ...... finally ! :)
    Was just thinking on PJ's new car ...... over the years I owned a couple vets liked the car but didn't fit in them well . Now a old GTX ..... yep I would be all over one of those again .
    I was talking to my best friend one day about old vehicles ...... I said I wouldn't mind getting one ...... he said you don't need to go get one ....... you already drive one ! :p
    After some thought ..... he is right ! Never really thought of my 95 truck as a old truck .
    It is hard to think of things you bought new as antiques . :eek:

10. OLD Ron

97% humidity ..... yep that's sticky ! :p
    Locations seem to be happy to get back to making some money again ..... me too !
    Managed to actually get a hair cut without a lot of BS . It feels great to get the mop off my head . :)
    Now the paper work starts again. :confused:
    It takes a long time to get so little done .... almost like this sorting & packing stuff .
    I asked a guy I know yesterday if he wanted some side work ...... he said hell no ! I guess sitting in the bars drinking is his life now that he retired . Makes me happy that I quit drinking many years ago . I am just addicted to buying treasures ! :p ( getting better )
    This cabinet may make a nice knife or gun cabinet . Have to give this some thought .
    old case.JPG

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  11. OLD Ron

First plan of the day is to run to shop 2 while it is cool & see what I can get into . Early & late shifts outside seems to work well in the summer here .
    Checked out the pepsi trailer .... yep the move did a cave in in there ! Treasures scattered all over the place ! The fun never ends . :p Looks like a 6 pack day just to clean that up . With it full at least the things didn't fall to far ! lol
    I may need to play a bit with the new wacker & see how I like that process . With it I don't need to try to get to close to things with the roller . :)
    I didn't plan on doing so much myself but it saves money every time I do & that's a good thing with the economy so bad right now . ( I work cheap ! ) :cool:

Caveman Jim and towboater like this.
  12. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Watching American pickers and wondering if they’ve heard of Old Ron.

13. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

They could show up and look but he wouldn’t sell anything ;)

14. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

They are from Iowa

15. Oldoutlaw

They are for sure. Located only 25 minutes or so from me. About an hour from Ron Boy.

Caveman Jim, ellis36, OLD Ron and 2 others like this.
  16. OLD Ron

Oh I see ...... it is pick on old Ron day ! :p
    The pickers buy junk ....... I have treasures !
    My brother actually knows those 2 guys . I told him I don't need to meet them ! :cool:
    You would not be leave how much I sell in a year . Problem is ...... I buy way more things than I sell ! :( Kind of like when I went to a GS to sell a gun ...... bought 4 instead of selling one . Then I adopt them & give them a good home . :) Kind of like asking a guy .... How much for the little guy there ? :D
    Today was a bad day !!!!
    Went to shop 2 in the fog ...... really nice out ..... cleaning things up ...... pulled the skid steer out very carefully ..... started messing with it ...... the guys to do the grade for the building showed up ....... yep the ones that didn't show last week . I watched them ...... No grade stakes ! Stuck wire flags in the ground ! I walked away saying this is going to be a big fubar situation . So tonight I am digging out some of my things & will set the grade myself . :eek:

17. OLD Ron

Going to be another hot one today !
    A interesting day on tap for today . ( could be good or real bad ) I dug out tools for getting the grade set ...... tools to check the skid steer for spark in the points ..... will call for rock ..... buy some stakes .... set of points & condenser ..... get a 8 pack of pepsi in the cooler ...... run do a stupid service call ..... then off to shop 2 & see what can or will go wrong . :p 6 to 10 more loads of rock ..... wow that has been a lot of rock ! Now over 100 ton on the ground . :eek: Will need to keep my eyes open along the road for pop cans to pick up & trade in to pay for all this ! :cool:
    Was told yesterday that they will call me a day ahead when the building will start ..... why set a day & stick to it when you can just wonder ? :confused: I am really missing working on small projects right about now !
    I think the plan was to be shooting the 22 250 by this time . Maybe next summer I will get that done . Only a year late seems to almost be on time lately here . At least I am out in the fresh air a lot . Only listen to the news once a week so as not to get to mad at what is going on every day out there . :) All the shortages blamed on cv19 is just another excuse to jack up prices ! I see it every day here . My trick is buy no more than I need for what ever I am doing ..... not a good time to stock up on anything ! :p

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and towboater like this.
  18. OLD Ron

Hot & sticky today ..... & all next week .
    The early shift made it until 3 p.m. at shop 2 yesterday . Moving rock around all day in the heat two days in a row is enough . Had 6 loads brought in & ordered 8 more for today.
    When my legs & back feel better I will run out there this weekend & move it to grade . Then it will be ready for the building .
    Today will be sorting & packing for shop 3 - 4 . At least I will be inside most of the day ! :p
    They had on the radio to check on old people because of the heat ...... my buddy called me to see if I was ok ! :p He was out riding his Harley & quit at noon because of the heat .... I was working in the heat until 3 !
    They are handing out tickets for shooting off fire works here ..... you can buy them but not shoot them off . :confused: That is like buying a pool but you can't put water in it .
    Maybe I am just old & don't understand much any more ! :p

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and towboater like this.
  19. Oldoutlaw

Iowa allows sale of the weak stuff. But, Municipalities are not required to allow them fired in their City Limits.
    However, around here the Police really don't enforce unless they have a complaint to respond to. Or, someone is firing them off after 11 PM. They really go after the idiots shooting them off after Midnight.

Caveman Jim, ellis36 and OLD Ron like this.
  20. OLD Ron

Hot & humid here for today .
    Heading to shop 2 to get some work in before the heat hits . That is as soon as my legs & back quit screaming at me ! :p
    Will see if they brought the 8 loads for me to work with or not . Hope to get at the Bobcat too & see what's going on there . So far no spark . Will take my meter & see where the 12v drops off . Will see how much can get done by 1 p.m. Loads to do out there but the heat is cutting down on the time to do it . Rescue guns & projects inside was a bit more fun than this . Finding it tough to hire things done too . People are to busy this year . Good thing I have just loads of spare time to do more than I am !
    :rolleyes:
    At least every time I leave one of the shops after a days work .... they really do look better . :)
    I have to admit playing with the bigger equipment is fun . At the same time I am happy not to be doing it every day for 8 hours . I did all this kind of work when a lot younger so it is a bit of a flash back for me too . Do a whole lot of work & spend a bucket of money so I have a place to do more work & spend more money doing it !
    OK maybe the heat got to me ! :p