The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

A cold front hit here today & set off a bunch of storms . Like we needed more rain !
    Waiting for people to call back or send a email is a pain ..... not to mention a waste of time when you call them 9 days later & get the oh sorry we have been so busy crap .
    I need more time in the rescue room ! :)
    Plan A for tomorrow is get the 1 ton box truck empty & bring it to shop 1 to get some treasures the heck out of here !
    After I make a place at shop 2 to put all this stuff . Shop 1 can only go 8' high .... shop 2 can go 13' high ..... shop 3 will be 16' high ..... I think I see a pattern here ! :p

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  2. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

You don't sleep much.

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and OLD Ron like this.

3. OLD Ron

You get all the sleep after you are dead tow !
    :p
    A few hours sleep & a couple power naps is all I need to keep going .

4. OLD Ron

Going up to 60 today ?
    The changes are quick around here lately . Low in the 40 for the next few days ...... but clear until next week ..... yep rain will be back .
    It will be a cool day to go to shop 2 & clean out Liz .... the 1 ton truck . Time again for her to earn her keep . Has been a storage unit on wheels for the past few years . I can get a lot of treasures in her & only make one trip . :p
    May even get some rock moved around too while on my breaks ! It is going to look like a big flea market blew up at shop 2 for a while !
    :( Guess that's the price of progress .

Caveman Jim, Oldoutlaw and towboater like this.
  5. towboater

That’s what I’ve been told. Ya can sleep when you’re dead. Lol. I gotta have my sleep or I can’t live. :p

Caveman Jim and OLD Ron like this.
  6. OLD Ron

Sunny & cool again here today .
    Yesterday at shop 2 the wind made cool seem down right cold !
    I did manage to pull off a plan A for a change ! :) Pulled liz out & found it as I thought .... full ! So then the work began . It took most of the day but I also was picking up around inside shop 2 of things I just tossed in there quick last fall . :p
    Plan for today is box & sort . Check tires & sweep out liz ..... then start loading things from shop 1 to go to shop 2 .
    Tomorrow it will be back to picking up outside at shop 2 & pulling rock around . full truck.JPG empty liz.JPG

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.
  7. OLD Ron

Sunny & in the 70 s here today . That sounds like rock moving time to me . :)
    Spent the day yesterday boxing ...... only managed to get 4 boxes done . :oops:
    Attacked paper work & my desk in a big way ! A trash can of old notes is now off my desk . Getting folders organized ..... wow .... closing annuity accounts is not an easy deal . A lot easier to buy one than close one . Dealing with 5 different company s is a real treat . Will jump on them Monday again ! :p
    A work out at shop 2 is needed ! Hope to get rock done & clean up around the pepsi trailer . Get a flat spot to move that to & compact the heck out of the rock . All sounds easy but will be a full days work .
    The approach to the driveway is a mess & needs rock too . The big trucks coming in made a mud hole there . More will be coming so might as well let them pack rock down good . :cool:
    Hope a 6 pack of pepsi will be enough for this day ! :p

8. OLD Ron

80 s & rain coming this week . Off to a good start on it being another real wet year . :eek:
    Put in a good day at shop 2 yesterday . It was 73 with a slight breeze . Nice to work outside when it is like that . :)
    Lit up my burn pile that hasn't been burned in 3 years . Cleaned up around the pepsi trailer ..... moved all the rock I had in piles around to grade & ran the roller over it . Looks like I will need a couple more loads of breaker & around 6 more loads of road stone . :confused:
    The one corner really drops off so that will take a bunch of stone to bring up . I will be broke just getting the lot done ! :p
    Back to paper work today & the business is starting back up so play time is over & back to work . :(

9. OLD Ron

With the heat coming back today I am getting an early start & will get back inside when the heat hits . Starting my day at 2 a.m. means a nap this afternoon ! lol
    Spent yesterday doing paper work & starting my business back up again . Had to go to 2 banks & sat in the drive up lanes for over 40 min. at each ! Talked to a few business owners a bit & one was saying he had to get 2 loans to make it through this shutdown crap . It will be hard for him to make up for the lost months of income . I didn't have the heart to tell him I spent the shut down out blowing money on projects . You can spend money a lot faster than you can make money ! :p
    The guy with the 2 loans I know well . When he was making good money ..... he bought a new car ..... a new boat & took a vacation for a month every year . Then wonders why he has no money :rolleyes:
    You can't fix stupid ! :p

10. OLD Ron

It hit 95 & my old butt decided that's enough outside fun for the day !
    The AC is on & now to clean up & see what I can get into inside . :p

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  11. towboater

Yep. 95 it too dang hot. This engine room is about 135.

Caveman Jim, OLD Ron and Rifling82 like this.
  12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

How does that not kill you?

towboater likes this.
  13. OLD Ron

That is way to hot tow !!!!
    You could go to hell to cool off ! :p
    Storms have been rolling through all night about an hour apart . Good thing I kept at the rock in the heat yesterday ...... give it a chance to pack down a bit . Am almost to the end of the rock work until the building goes up . While waiting for rock .... again .... I cut some grass ..... yep busted the mower . :rolleyes:
    Will need to take some early time to get it looked over . The deck doesn't lift so it has to be a rod off or broke . Will pick it up with the tractor or smokey to see under it .
    Today is shop 1 day ..... sorting & boxing & tossing things out .
    rock j.JPG

14. towboater

I don't stay in there very long if not necessary

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and OLD Ron like this.
  15. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, those big diesels and engine manifolds do get hot in an enclosed area like on a tow. Even if doors are open.

16. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

We got a Thunderstorm here about two hours ago that dumped 3 inches of rain in about 45 minutes. You know my gravel road. It was covered in fast flowing water the whole length of it. Another fine mess I'm afraid.

ellis36, OLD Ron and towboater like this.
  17. OLD Ron

It has been a mess all year here with rain too outlaw . Looking like a real wet year again . Not much can be done about it .... just work around it as best we can . Sounds like you will be buying some rock too .
    More storms tonight so will blast away at outside things as long as I can take it & then do inside things . The phone calls & paper work are day killers . That reminds me .... I need to get those maple seeds out of the gutters or the gutters will clog all up .
    Will try to sweep out liz today & start loading her up . If I fill her up ..... that will make a lot of room in shop 1 ...... shop 2 will suck but 1 will be better ! :p

18. OLD Ron

Rain off & on all day today ..... back to inside work .
    Was thinking of going to shop 2 & work on the lawnmower &roller & maybe the skid steer . With wind & rain blowing in from the south ...... probably wouldn't like that much .
    So back to sorting & boxing up .
    Found & moved several ammo cans full . Never can have to much ammo these days ! :p Sorting & organizing those will be a long days work . Wonder how many cans it takes to be considered a ammo dump ! :eek:
    If 10 guns is a arsenal ...... good thing mine were all lost in that bad storm last year !
    Gun shops here were told the looters were targeting them ...... so they have been sleeping in the shops ready . Even here at the end of the world we have crazys pulling there crap . I think most just want to be in the paper & on the news . They will never find me hidden in my treasures ! :p

Rifling82, ellis36 and towboater like this.
  19. OLD Ron

Cold front hit & the temps dropped .... finally .
    Will try for a big day today at both shops & mom & dad's place . Shop 2 will probably end that idea with working on the lawn mower & roller . Will take a few boxes to shop 2 in the car as long as I'm going there . The weeds at shop 1 are as tall as my fence so may need to get the weed wacker out & fix that problem . :p
    The deck on the lawnmower won't go up so there must be a rod off or broke . The sucky part is I will have to take the deck off to see in there what is going on . That is always a pain to get back on lined up . At least this time I will be working on new cement & not gravel ! :)
    Found a few display cabinets that I may put knives in ...... that will take some thinking . Again the biggest problem will be a place to put the cabinet when it is done . :oops:

towboater, Oldoutlaw and ellis36 like this.
  20. OLD Ron

Looks like another nice day on tap here ! :cool:
    Yesterday went really well ...... a lot of work but things went better than expected .
    The lawn mower is fixed & running & I think I know the problem & will fix that next trip out .
    The roller is going to take more thinking . :p
    Packed 3 tubs & off to shop 2 they went . Found a place that had free pallets .... picked up 7 & ran those to shop 2 . Old legs & back are stiff but ready to hit it again today .
    That fork lift is coming in really handy !! :)
    Everyone needs one in there shop ! :rolleyes:
    inspect lawnmower.JPG inspect roller.JPG inspect roller a.JPG