The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife is an operator. She said if it wasn't rolled you'll probably get runoff lines.

2. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Might as well PJ ..... I have lines too ! :p
    There may be 80 ton of lime out there next trip out . That stuff packs good over the breaker I have down already . By then I should have enough fixed on the roller to get a little work of of that old girl .
    I need to get back to cleaning my custom knives & do more inventory ..... it's a lot more fun than moving rock !

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and towboater like this.

3. OLD Ron

Cloudy & chances of rain ....... same as yesterday & the last week .
    Stiff back after cutting some grass yesterday .
    The farmer ran his tractor in wet grass so when I cut I get a fun ride around the shop . Once I get trees in his way that should stop . Then I will roll the grass & try to make a smoother ride around there . :)
    I have my permit in hand now so shop 3 is a go again ! :cool:
    Mom & dad had some kind of life insurance I found the other day ...... called them & they said yes . I asked how much ? .... they said the couldn't tell me . I have to get papers from them & fill those out then send those back then they can tell me . More paper work & run around . Seems like the world is full of paper pushers . :p

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Good luck on the insurance. Now, back to work.

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and OLD Ron like this.
  5. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

When my Mom died 9in 2017, it was an absolute nightmare getting information.
    But, 10 times or more, worse was a few stocks and Mutual Funds. The Mutual Fund she had through Wells Fargo was a real beyotch to get sold and sent to the estate.
    AND, I was the Executor. Nearly a year even with our lawyer on them.

Finally, I just told them "OK Wells, see you in court very soon." Did the trick for us though.

6. OLD Ron

How quick they turn on you ! :p
    Even a rented mule should get a break now & then . :cool:

7. OLD Ron

Yep this will get interesting to get figured out .

Rifling82 and towboater like this.
  8. OLD Ron

Rain off & on all day here but I did manage to get some work done ! :p
    Then I fell into the play mode ....... more fun playing . The cleaning & inventory has to be done but a lot more fun than moving rock around ! :) Speaking of rock ..... I didn't even go to shop 2 to see if the dropped any off .
    before cleaning.JPG Remington 30-06.JPG

9. OLD Ron

Lots of fog & rain on the way .
    Tornado watches starting again .
    Good day to do some sorting & boxing up . I will get a pile boxed up & then bring in my 1 ton box truck to take them out to shop 2 for storage . When that happens ...... there will be some nice changes in shop 1 ! :)
    When shop 3 is set up & ready ...... the attic & shop 2 things will go in there . It will be nice to use a fork lift to store things in shop 3 :p
    Starting to think 60 x 104 may not be big enough . :rolleyes: Having room to work on projects inside will be the nicest change of all . A organized tool room will be a big plus too .

10. OLD Ron

85 & humid yesterday . :)
    Beats the heck out of cold & tossing wood in !
    Chances of rain here so may run out to shop 2 & see if the rock ever came . Take along the cables & filter for the roller & maybe even put them in . Wrenching on the fork truck & roller would be a change of pace around here . Still a lot to clean up outside at shop 2 but at least I am getting the lot cleared out for the building . I need to borrow or rent or hire a semi tractor to move the Pepsi trailer . Ten check the grade & probably buy more rock :p If I had the time & a sheep foot roller I would have brought the grade up with dirt . Lime is the cheapest fill you can buy so that's a plus .

11. OLD Ron

Brainfart dropped by my head early today !
    Was at shop 2 at 6 a.m. today . Cloudy & cool but good working time ..... until .... the rain hit with only 15 min. work done ..... went in the shop for about 5 min. rain quit ...... back I go pushing rock around ..... sun came out & I was a happy camper ...... then the rain came ..... with the sun out ...... back in the shop wet again ...... quit so waited a few extra min. & out I went again . Made good progress so got the roller & was smashing everything in sight ....... rain came really soaked this time ..... said a few magic words & got in the car with the heater on to dry out . Sun came out so I wore my slicker just in case ! :p
    Then it got so hot & humid I couldn't wear my slicker or flannel shirt ..... put the pressure washer back together ..... got the fork lift running & outside ......gassed everything up & filled the washer with rain water ..... around 500 gallons ...... then brainfart 2 hit me ......may have been the heat :rolleyes: ...... clean off the driveway & blow decals off the roller ...... wet again ! Came home with limestone coated jeans .... sun burned face .... back .....front ... & feet !
    This is why I don't worry about cv19 ...... stupid ideas will kill me off long before that does ! :)

12. OLD Ron

Warm & rain today .
    Guess I will order some more rock . :p
    Trying to sleep with a sun burn is always fun too . Can't wait to see what new adventures is on for today . First on my list is call & see why I have a bill for cement I already paid for . That will be fun ..... then go pay for rock . Then meet with the building guy & pick colors & plunk down some money on that . May need to drive along the highway & pick up cans to cash in for supper tonight ! :p
    Sorting & organizing isn't all bad ...... at least it doesn't cost anything ! :)
    I should go find some guns & treasures to buy ...... yep that would make me feel better ! :) No auctions to go to is causing withdraws here I think . :(

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.
  13. OLD Ron

It is interesting outlaw ...... you fight for money they owe you . Funny part is they won't tell you how much it is until you fill out a boat load of papers . Small or large amount ..... they have a death grip on the money . In a bad mood like I am today .... that's a good time to get to calling those turds . :cool:

Caveman Jim, Rifling82 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  14. Oldoutlaw

Good luck on cashing in cans Ron. I tried two places yesterday and was told Iowa Dept of Health has not agreed to yet.

Rifling82 and OLD Ron like this.
  15. Oldoutlaw

Get Dad to tell/show you where every paper is and about any he lost the papers on. It could save you months of your time later!

16. OLD Ron

Heading towards 300 ton of rock to move around ! :eek:
    Looking like a lobster here . Get in a hours work then get rained on ..... makes the work a lot more interesting ! :p
    Add to it order rock at 9a.m. get it at 6 p.m.
    Put the down payment on the shop ..... that makes you feel really broke . :(
    I need to go spend money at a auction or gun show to feel better ! :)
    As the world turns in the land of treasures !
    :p

17. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Yep. Another gun or two always makes things better.

18. OLD Ron

Cloudy with rain this afternoon .
    Not .... I say not going to shop 2 today !
    My sun burn makes me look like a fat cherry !
    :p
    Time will be spent on shop 1 today ..... cutting grass & cleaning up around here .
    They start on shop 3 in 5 weeks so now I have time for other things that need doing .
    I need to unload my 1 ton box truck to use to get things out of shop 1 . A busier summer than I had planned ! :cool:
    Honestly it is fun doing things outside after a crappy winter . :)

19. OLD Ron

Had a good day here at shop 1 with some progress . My brother wanted a generator so I found him one that is 5000 wt. for $50 . It started on first pull . He was real happy with that . Not to mention I picked it up & took it to his house . Also managed to cut grass here at shop 1 too !
    Started tackling a big job here .... clean out kitchen cabinets ..... wow ..... I never realized how many plastic containers I have saved over the years ! They will be in the trash tomorrow . :p
    Heat & humidity is up early this year & the gnats are out in force ! I keep forgetting to take my bug survival kit with me to shop 2 .
    Next trip it will go along ! :cool:

towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  20. OLD Ron

Another rain day .
    Back to paper work & phone calls . :(
    Looking for a good price on 15 x 15 doors for shop 3 . Was told yesterday that the place I usually go to is high priced . It takes 4 weeks to get 2 doors they say because of cv 19 ..... seem to hear that excuse a lot lately !

towboater and Rifling82 like this.