The Good Bad & Ugly shops

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by OLD Ron, Apr 17, 2019.

1. OLD Ron

OLD Ron Well-Known Member

Interesting day so far .
    Lugging a 42" TV around is not much fun .
    Did I mention I hate computers ! :p
    I thought no work would make me lazy ..... not so far . Seems like work would be a nice break from off work work . It may be a touch of cabin fever . It will be nice to be outside doing things . About 4 more weeks then it should get a lot nicer . Hope the bugs & gnats are not as bad as last year . I still have a supply of vanilla to keep them away . :)

Oldoutlaw, towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  2. OLD Ron

A nice day on tap here .... for March that is .
    Looks like another month of lock down so the projects will keep chugging along . :)
    May try a way to get some fresh air in the shop today . Then fire up the wood burner to heat the place back up .
    Sanding is slow & really boring to do . Need to mix in things more interesting . ( not a computer !! )
    People I talk with on the phone are trying to sleep through this situation . Sounds good but I don't think it's a good idea . Then there are ones out running around because they don't want to stay in . Those idiots will make this last longer & pitch a ***** that things are worse. The world is full of those types . Interesting times .

towboater, Rifling82 and ellis36 like this.

3. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

It’s a good time to reload:)

towboater, OLD Ron and PeeJay1313 like this.
  4. OLD Ron

Just keeping busy is a good way to spend lock down time . I kinda like no service calls ..... not eating could get tough to get used to ! :p At least the sun is out . The fresh air is nice but still chilly here .
    What are you reloading today rifling ?
    That too is a way to relax & keep busy .
    Lots of better things to do when home than running around depressed . :)

5. Rifling82

I reloaded 38 special yesterday. Had to work today

OLD Ron and towboater like this.
  6. Rifling82

Pretty quiet on here tonight

OLD Ron likes this.
  7. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

We are following protocol. Keeping our distance from you don't ya know. :p

8. Rifling82

:eek::)

OLD Ron likes this.
  9. OLD Ron

When I get shooting I like the 38 rounds the best . I don't load them hot so for shooting steel they are fun . At shop 2 I shoot those & now the 45 acp that I want to use up . I like the 45s in the blackhawk because I'm not chasing brass in gravel & grass then . If I don't find them ..... once I drive over them with Smokey or the tractor they are gone .
    In another month I will be dragging target stands home to repair . The trap stand needs a lot of work after the tornado hit . And the pallet rack falling on it with skid stear buckets on didn't help . :p

10. Rifling82

I just ordered more bullets today I need to locate more brass, It’s around here somewhere... ever tell yourself that Ron?

towboater and OLD Ron like this.
  11. OLD Ron

Maybe once or twice rifling ! :p

towboater and Rifling82 like this.
  12. OLD Ron

You should start casting your own bullets ..... can save a lot that way . I had a little to much lead so I sold a ton ..... really a ton in bars . The guy does a lot of gun shows & bought it all .

Rifling82 likes this.
  13. Rifling82

Yeah I’ve thought about it but that’s all the farther I’ve got with it ;):D

towboater and OLD Ron like this.
  14. OLD Ron

I like it in the summer..... sit in the shade outside & cast away . Usually do about 4 ammo cans & call it quits . Then in the winter I sort size & lube . Usually reloading at the same time too .

15. OLD Ron

None of that is as interesting as doing a rescue gun . Maybe it is because I have done that for many years & the rescue thing is all new to me .

Rifling82 likes this.
  16. OLD Ron

The sun keeps trying to come out .
    Worked way late last night on projects . My first reward was the whole house smelled of paint all night . :eek:
    The stock is looking like it may be a good looking project . A friend of mine & dad's built pistols . Those were awesome shooters & he was a really really good shot . The guns looked like crap . He was making rat rod guns before there was rat rods . To me a gun should operate very well ..... AND .... look as nice as you can make it look . Sponsors gave him guns & ammo that he put in the closet . He loaded all his own ammo & built his own guns . He won a lot of matches but his gun still looked like crap ! :p I even told him that . His reply was ..... when you can out shoot me ..... then I will make my guns look better . His 1911 45s sitting on the table looked so rough you would feel sorry for him . If people didn't know who he was at a match thought he couldn't hit a car with that junk at 10' . After the match they would say just luck with that junk gun . It all cracked me up at every match we went to . He would just smile . :)

17. Rifling82

Ha! That’s a good story, so he never tried to make one that looked good?

18. OLD Ron

Far as I know he never did . He quit competition shooting & became a game warden north of here . He was a very interesting guy .

19. OLD Ron

Well another coat on things here . This time I will keep the ionizer on until it's dry . :p
    I need to go burn something on the stove so the paint smell goes away . That's easy enough for me to do ! :)

towboater, Rifling82 and Oldoutlaw like this.
  20. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

BACON!!

ellis