The Glock 18

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Palerider6, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palerider6

Palerider6 New Member

I just purchased a Glock 18, I know there are not alot of them out there, so has anyone had any problems with this weapon? If you own one...

Thanx

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Ah, Ok.

My gigawatt phaser pistol is in the shop right now but when it gets back we can go shooting...

3. user4

user4 New Member

The Glock 18 is a selective fire variant of the Glock 17, developed at the request of the Austrian counter-terrorist unit EKO Cobra. This machine pistol-class firearm has a lever-type fire-control selector switch, installed on the left side of the slide, in the rear, serrated portion (selector lever in the bottom position – continuous fire, top setting – single fire). The firearm is typically used with an extended 33-round capacity magazine, although other magazines from the Glock will also function, with available capacities of 10, 17, or 19 rounds. Early Glock 18s were ported to reduce muzzle rise during automatic fire. Another compensated variant was also produced, known as the Glock 18C. It has a keyhole opening cut into the forward portion of the slide, not unlike the opening on the Glock long-slide models, although the G18 has a standard-length slide. The keyhole opening provides a venting area to allow the four, progressively-larger (from back to front) compensator cuts machined into the barrel to accomplish their job, which is to afford more control over the rapid-firing machine pistol. The compensator cuts, of varying widths start about halfway back on the top. The rear two cuts are narrow, while the front two cuts are wider. The slide is also hollowed, or dished-out in a rectangular pattern between the rear of the ejection port and the rear sight. The pistol’s rate of fire in fully automatic mode is approx. 1100-1200 rounds/min. Most of the other characteristics are equivalent to the Glock 17, although the slide, frame, and certain fire-control parts of the Glock 18 are not interchangeable with other Glock models

4. RCHanlin

RCHanlin New Member

I'd like to know how you got your hands on a Glock 18 to start with. Thought those were for LE sales only :confused:

5. suprdave

suprdave New Member

The BIG problem is the Federal Pen. I hear it's hell on your social life.

6. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Some folks are into prison "entertainment"...

7. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Ill tell you what, I will pick you up in my millenium falcon and we can go shoot your GLOCK 18:D

8. Palerider6

Palerider6 New Member

Thanx for all the comments, even the smartass ones. First of all I'm a collector and I have a permit to have it, there are several in the US. I know of about 20 of them and there owners.
    I was just asking if anyone here was an owner and if they have ever had any problems with it, so if you do your homework you will find that you too can own one.
    Again thanx for your help, I'll just move on to another forum.

9. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

So you have a class III stamp for it? Hey, don't be so thin skinned, the guys were just pulling your pud. You have to admit that most people, even firearms people, would not know what a Glock 18 was as it's not a regular production piece. Many times we get trolls from people trying to stir up discontent and cause trouble. How about introducing yourself?

10. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Really. As a collector, what kind of permit do you need to get a G18? Post 86 dealer samples are available--are you a class 3 dealer? AFAIK that's the only way you might have a for real G18. I don't know for sure, but I have heard
    that there are less than 5 fully transferable G18's in the NFA registry.

Quite a few little differences between the G18 and G17. I was a bit
    surprised to find out that the barrels won't even interchange. I've shot a
    post 86 dealers G18---they are a hoot!

11. user4

user4 New Member

Who cares HOW he got the gun? You guys Internet cops or somehting? He has a gun and asked a simple question to anyone that had an answer...which was none of you.

Geeze, and I thought I was elitist. Not a great way to welcome new members, folks.

12. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

What happend to all you thick skinned ****ers around here??????????????????????????????

Quit pissing and moaning. It was all in fun:)

Besides maybe if he had explained how he came across one all of us wouldn't have thought BULL****

13. user4

user4 New Member

Why must he explain to anyone? The reason half of you cried foul is due to ignorance in thinking there wasn't a Glock 18. Methinks you have forgotten what the Internet is really for.

14. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Ok Mr Ineff sir, just look at their original first post. To legally buy a Glock 18 would cost serious $$$ - and there are not many available. So we're supposed to believe that this poster located one, spent mucho dinero to acquire it, and then wants to know if there are any problems they should be aware of?

As far as how they got this gun, I don't think we ever want our membership to condone or even tacitly approve of illegal acts. This is a regulated weapon so of course many of us want the rank & file to understand that.

I was the first to raise the BS flag and I'll be happy to apologize if I'm proven wrong...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  15. user4

user4 New Member

Why, exactly, would you make all of these assumptions? He could have got it off craigslist. Maybe he's a retired LEO and it was a retirement gift. There is nothing in his post that implies that it was obtained illegally. In fact your first reply suggests that you didn't even believe they existed.

There was nothing wrong with, or suspicious about this post. It was innocuous at best. Are we now to assume that anyone with firearms is a criminal or that they were obtained illegally?

If he was trying to sell this gun, there would be a red flag, but pure ownership shouldn't evoke suspicion. It is frankly none of our business how or why someone has a firearm. Especially a modified Glock 17. Geeze. If he was trying to unload an RPG in our classified section, I'd be concerned. Not this.

16. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

Ineff, sir I know there is a glock 18. I have just not known anyone to actually own one. I have been around alot of LE and military and guys who just have a ton of guns. Nobody I know has one. :)

Also I know there is a millenium falcon but once again I don't know anyone who owns one:D

17. user4

user4 New Member

I am former LE and I've never heard of it. I just used this here Internet thang and discovered it has other purposes than me being all smarmy to Internet commandos.

I also know there is a Millenium Falcon. That effer made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs...

18. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Ok, I knew of the Glock 18 and full auto selector mainly because I saw Gunny showcase one and the hot competition shooter sponsored by Glock.

I offer this, the poster said he knows of 20 and their owners. Why come here and ask if anyone has one and had problems if he knows 20 of them? This does not address the issue of the responses, but it does raise a flag and smell of troll. That is just my uneducated opinion.

19. iloveguns

iloveguns New Member

BINGO ding ding ding. We have a winner. Funny how sometimes someone else has to type my thoughts.

Thanks skull:D

Also why are we all arguing? Shouldn't the OP defend his own self if he was upset this much? Just sayin

20. RCHanlin

RCHanlin New Member

+1

My only question was wanting to know "how" he got one knowing that they are almost impossible to get. I meant nothing disrespectful and my post contains nothing that can be construed that way.

BTW... did I ever tell you guys that I am 7'8'' and used to play for the Celtics before coming here and collecting guns ??

Not being a smartass boss man but my point is folks tell you all kinds of things and his just smelled a bit.

The OP took offense way too quickly while not supplying us with any hard proof on how he got his this firearm.

That's all ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.