The Get Your Butt In Shape Thread!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by SGT-MILLER, Mar 17, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Well, it's officially day 2 of my new PT regimen.

Ran 3 miles yesterday to include sprints, and ran about 1.5 miles today. My initial goal is to be able to run 1.5 miles in about 10 minutes or less with about 30 pounds on my back. Once I get to that point, I'll make a different goal to keep myself challenged.

I'm also looking to trim down a little, but I don't want to get too skinny.

My legs are killing me, but that's a good sign that I'm working them hard enough.

We should do a workout thread to give each other motivation to get out and improve fitness in some way. That is, of course, the most important aspect of being able to survive in a SHTF situation, plus being fit actually helps you shoot quicker, and more accurate.

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

That's an excellent idea. Start the thread, I'm onboard.

I'm working on a sourdough based diet system.;)

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Thread started and I am on board as well.... Excellent Idea You guys!!

Oooohhhhh, Sourdough. You evil bastard!! *shaking fist*

Okay, I had sushi for breakfast and I am off to the gym. 20 plus minutes of cardio ( 90 seconds at double time, 90 seconds at normal pace, repeat ) and the it's shoulders and traps day....

JD

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Good for you Sarge!
    I’ve been three weeks now on a no carb low calorie food plan. Need to lose about twenty pounds. Had some support from JD in PMs, but it’s getting harder last few days. I’ve been hitting the gym with some cardio and weight training, and thought I was doing OK. Then I took my mountain bike to the beach for a ride on the sand last Sunday, and was wiped out after only a few miles. My legs are still hurting.:mad:
    Like I told JD, misery loves company, so thanks for the thread.

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

sushi for breakfast

And you keep saying how nuts we are in California.

6. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Wait! We're supposed to get in shape? B-b-but, I thought the libs we capture were going to carry us around where we wanted to go....

7. Seanml89

Seanml89 New Member

Those iron gym things that hang in your doorway are great. They are 60$ on tv, 30 at walmart. However beware they DO NOT fit all doors like they say, the fram around the door shuld be at least 5 inches wide with no obstruction. Im 19 I used it about 4 times a day about 10 pullup each time and I saw results in 2 weeks! When I first got it, I could only do 4 chin ups. Now Im pushing out 15 at a time, and I can flex my boob muscles! Score!

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I am starting out slow. 12oz curles and 1,000 steps a day. I will work up from there.

9. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I switched over to fewer calorie beer. Spring is very near which is my workout time until winter. Lots of physically demanding work around the property. Cool down with casting into the pond. :)

10. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Did 30 reps with 15 lbs bent-over rows, stretched a rubber band to work posterior deltoid and lats, and tried to raise my arm straight up over my head about 30 times yesterday.

Today, had a good-looking physical terrorist bring tears to my eyes slopping my shoulder around so that the joint will fit together better, and did more rubber-band bulls4it, some hand bike, and electrical stimulation. I'm really starting to hate her.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Left over from what I didn't eat for dinner. Had a big salad and toughed it out until morning.

Besides, salmon, cucumber, brown rice - all good sorts of proteins, fats and oils to start the day..... and my "neighbor" in the next cube HATES seafood, so it keeps him at bay... LOL

Had a crappy workout - but at least I went and burned some calories... *shrug* Better than sitting on my ass....

12. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

If she is dressed in leather, knee high leather boots, little kraut officers hat and a flog, you're not at the gym?:eek:

13. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Doing three to four days of weight training and cardio, although, I can't get of the "see food diet". It getting harder and harder to bench my weight, 245 and growing.

14. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I've been working out more but not enough as I haven't had time or I'm just to lazy.

In one of those I don't want to get the fark up ruts because I have no job and I play video games all day.

But when I do run I've noticed an improvement. I got to my free point while running for the first time in my life.

You know that point where there is no pain in your legs and it feels like your floating in mid air? God....and my legs didn't even hurt after that. Good sign too.

Also I noticed at my current running speed I was running each lap around 1 min or so and 1.5 miles is 12 laps so 1 min a lap = I get into the Navy. I'm much more fit too now...but I'm getting fat again. I need to go out with my friend to get in shape.

That crazy bastard runs 5 miles a DAY now when he used to only run 3 when I ran with him. I told him that's probably his limit as that's 35 minutes of running and any more and he'll break down or fark up our work out session.

15. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

We need to all motivate each other. There's no reason for us to be fat and lazy gun owners...lol.

I'm doing it because I don't want those new recruits into the USAF to get cocky thinking they can out do me just because I'm "old" in their eyes....lol.

I make it a point to be able to outwork the young-uns.

:cool:

NOTE: A good little tip piece of info for everybody. 3500 calories burned equals 1 pound of fat lost.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  16. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

My main problem is that I'm at home most of the time now. I try and do situps and pushups but I'm at home and it's not a very good enviroment for me. I have to go out with someone to workout...makes me feel better when I have someone else with me doing it.

Also another bad thing about being jobless....I'm at home most of the time like I said...and when I'm bored I'm eating junk food sometimes but now I'm trying to stick to carrots and cheese stick crap to make me feel better....bleck....man wants meat.

17. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Try working out first thing in the morning. If you can get yourself to move quickly in the morning, it'll help you prepare for basic training.

Personally I love working out in the morning. I am always grumbling to myself when my unit decides to have afternoon PT.

18. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I'm fortunate, or unfortunate, enough to have a job that kicks my azz more than a gym workout. I eat all that "bad" food that one on a diet couldn't eat, *COUGH*JD*COUGH*! I'll give some examples; pancakes, eggs, sausage, hash browns, bacon, Dagwood sandwiches with hellman's, steak and cheese with extra hellman's, chicken wings, fried haddock, steak and potatoes, beef stew, sourdough bread with butter to dip in my spaghetti sauce....[​IMG] I could go on and on. Man I love my metabolism.[​IMG]

19. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Well, you can just take all those fried foods, and your fancy, fast, uber metabolism, and shove it all up your corn hole!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about that, Mr look at me while I stuff pure fat down my throat with no ill effects??????????

I hate freakin show offs.........................

:D

20. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

LOL! I'm sorry man, that was aimed towards JD, but I guess it works for the rest of you as well. I'm referring to everyone whos "old" compared to me and needs to work out as "the rest of you". I'm still living by the, "you only live once, enjoy it" theory[​IMG]. I bet that will change when I'm 40.