The FTF Severe Weather Thread.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cpttango30, Apr 28, 2011.

1. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Got bad weather all around. If you have news pics or just stories of it post them here.

Thunderstorm watch is DC and East up that way. Tornado WATCH in my area till 3pm.

Down my way we have Flash Flood warnings in affect.
    Clarke Co, VA
    Culpeper Co, VA
    Fauquier Co, VA due west of me.
    Greene Co, VA
    Loudoun Co, VA
    Madison Co, VA
    Rappahannock Co, VA South of me.
    Jefferson Co, WV

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

The South had something like 170 death's and this is the most active spring in 40 years...Now the flooding is starting everywhere...This is going to be a spring to remember...That looked like a bomb went off in Tuscaloosa,Alabama...

3. orangello

orangello New Member

I wonder how SuperDave came out? I bleve he lives near the same area as one of my nephews, and that area got some damage (HotSprings, AR).

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

NW FL had some rain and wind gusts, but we came out okay.

5. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I wish you guys the best of luck. :(

All I'm getting is scattered T-storms. We rarely see tornadoes in the North East.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

As some of you know, my gal took a recent job at TruBlue, which is the parent company of several companies, but the main one is Labor Ready.

These are pictures of the Labor Ready in Tuscaloosa, AL that got hit by the tornado. The building was completely destroyed, obviously, and they had a few medium level injuries and a lot of cuts and scrapes, but THANK GOD no deaths or serious injuries.

The picture of the guy getting pulled out of the rubble is one of my gal's employees. :eek:

Attached Files:

7. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

All the rivers here in Missouri are starting to Flood...Roads are closing everywhere with water over them...The news said by morning many more roads will be closed....

8. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Best of luck over there guys.. Be careful and keep your heads down!

9. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

It seems like Mother Nature is opening a big ole' can of whoop azz all over the place :eek: Everybody stay safe and let's pray for the best :)

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I read somewhere a few years ago that the USA has more severe weather that any other place on earth.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I texted SuprDave today. I didn't ask him about the weather but he was fine and enjoying life. He just did a very long stint of work with very few days off for weeks on end and he finally is back to a regular work schedule and enjoying life again. He is fine.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I've read that too, specifically lighting storms and wind storms. If only we would tap into that energy ;)

13. orangello

orangello New Member

It seemed like a Winter full of Northern snowstorms, and now the Spring is off to a rough start. It has me concerned about the hurricane season.

Good news; the folks at Budweiser will breathe a sigh of relief. :D