The FTF podcast-News & Notes

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DrFootball, Dec 12, 2013.

1. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

We are going to use this thread for the discussion of current and upcoming episodes of the FTF Podcast. Tonight is Episode 7, and we have another special guest! Jay Jacobsen the CEO of Franklin Armory. Based in both Ca. & Nv., Franklin makes AR Variant Rifles, Carbines, and Pistols for both restricted states as well as unrestricted states. All of their products are 100% American made. Jay will also talk SHOT show with us, and some of their new Products as well. We believe this show will be posted sometime tomorrow.

You can also suggest topics for future shows here as well...........See you on the Internet Radio.

2. CHIEF-GREATDANE

CHIEF-GREATDANE New Member

Hey man new to the forum! Id be intrested in hearing your podcast just that i dont know how to get to it :/ haha

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

At the top of the page is a blue bar with "Home", "Forum", "Reviews", etc. One of the choices there is "Podcast". Click on that.

4. CHIEF-GREATDANE

CHIEF-GREATDANE New Member

Alright man thanks and will do!

5. DrFootball

Also in iTunes, Use Keyword search for "Firearmstalk Podcast"...

6. winds-of-change

Gee, you switched it all around. Now I don't know how to get to the podcasts anymore. Do I have to download iTunes? It was so easy to just go to "Podcasts" and click on it and it played. Now I can't figure it out and I'm a couple podcasts behind already. :(

7. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Is there any way to listen to them on an Android phone? I can't find the podcast in the forum threads. Thanks for the help

8. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Well, we are still having some teething problems, but rest assured that we will get it right eventually. On the plus side, the podcasts are now available on iTunes, which makes them accessible through the app as I understand it.

Now, if they could only make it so people using the app could click on the "like" button I think we would be set!

And Winds, when can we get you on a podcast for an interview? I think that would make for a good show! :D

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I am not familiar with the android, but the podcasts are available on iTunes through the link at the top of the taskbar. Try that and get back to us.

10. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Where would it show up on an Android phone in the forum list?

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Just looked on my iPad and if you scroll down in the forums its #12. I don't know if this translates to the Android platform though.

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Or can you use the search function and type in "podcast"?

13. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I tried that, I will have to look again.

14. winds-of-change

I only have computers, no ianythings. I don't get iTunes. *cry* I want my easy access podcasts back. :(

You can get me on the podcasts. What would we talk about?

15. DrFootball

Winds, you can't see them from the website anymore??? Wait... ahh I see! The programmer set it up to send people directly to iTunes to subscribe...Didn't know that until just now. But iTunes is free software Winds,..even works on Windows...Also, in the new "version" of the App, you see the "podcasts section" but not the actual recordings....Hmm...see I'm weird I guess because I am a Podcaster and podcast listener for so long(10 years, right at the beginning of the genre), that I have a "Routine" in that because my portables have limited space( my iPhone & iPad are both only 16 GB) that I only Download shows to my computers. Since I'm the "Eng" of this one as well, I have the Orig. Recordings already on my machine(My Mac Book Pro laptop) so I Don't need to subscribe to it...

As far as you joining us on the show, we have several ideas: a segment on Women's SD issues, a "Lady members roundtable" with you, and some others, discussing self defense issues, guns ladies prefer,..etc. these are some topics Viking, Austin, and myself touched on briefly, but it can be explored further. The main thing is we didn't want to be "Pushy" with anyone regarding their visit with us, we want it to be something that is non-Intimidating...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  16. winds-of-change

I would love to be on a podcast. But I would have to have time to study up on whatever subject is chosen for me. I dread sounding like a fool :(

17. DrFootball

And of course you know we will help you prepare as much as we can....

18. winds-of-change

Okay. I'm game.

19. winds-of-change

Grrrr............I can't figure out how to listen to the Podcasts now. Why change what was already working well? Very frustrating and I'm not in the mood to deal with this. :mad:

20. G30USMC

G30USMC Active Member Supporter

They are not in the tabs anymore on the browser?