The FTF/AAFT Latest Update!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by user4, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user4

user4 New Member

Hey gang. In a few days my household will expand by 4 more people. We are taking in a friend of our and her three children. Her former husband held a shotgun to her face and threatened to kill her and the baby after repeated physical abuse.

Seeing as I wont help MY family by spending time in an Oklahoma prison, we have opted to offer refuge to her and her children. We could certainly use prayers in these areas:

Finances: 8 people on one income of 42K a year will put resources at a strain.

Deliverance: this friend of ours comes with a decade of baggage and abuse. She's ten shades of awesome, but has "learned" some bad things about who men are and what a good husband/father looks like. She needs to really sort her self out before she gets in to any type of relationship.

Children: this can't be an easy transition for the kids. Just pray that they adapt and fall in love with their new surroundings. We want our home to be a sanctuary.

Me: I have a lot of responsibility on my head. I have to show these children a positive male role model, while teaching the oldest son (10) how to be a man. I also have to show our friend what a loving husband looks like. This means the usual marital sniping needs to be cut short. I need to openly show affection to my wife (not a problem) while not getting drawn into petty fights about superfluous things (Problem).

This is a long haul sort of situation. We don't want her to find a job and move out. We want her to get healed, educated (spiritually), and at peace with her life and surroundings.

Thanks in advance, intercessors.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I would be willing to take part in that plan. We haven't adopted anyone in awhile and this seems like a worthy cause to be sure.

Who's in?

JD

3. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

+1...........

4. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Let me know what we're gonna do...

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That's 4! Where are my other brothers at??

6. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I'm in. This seems like a very worthy cause. Good on you INeff. You are in my prayers

7. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Put me in for evening guard duty!

Ah..just put me in.

9. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I think it is a wonderful thing what u r doing! I dont even know u that well and I think u r one hell of a man and ur wife is one hell of a woman . There arent many people out there that can do things like that for people. You and ur wife will be blessed for taking this on and teaching this family!!!My thought and prayers r with u guys
    :)

10. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I am sorry I aint a brother but I am a sister and I am in for anything that is needed for my brothers!!!!!!:)

11. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Good on you RSG.

12. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 Active Member

I'm IN...

I am here with you all. If suggestions can be thought of on how we can help, lets get them out. We need to find a way to get some $ going to the cause. How we going to do it??:D

13. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Well, IMHO we can either paypal it directly to INeff, or we can purchase gift certificates to the normal places people shop such as Wal-Mart.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

We are working behind teh scenes currently to make this as painless for everyone and as helpful for Ineff's family as possible.

If you have chimed in, you sould be getting a PM soon.

JD

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The FTF/AAFT

The FTF Adopt a Family Thread

I'm moving the topic specific posts from the prayer thread to here.

16. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Good. Now we just need a concrete game plan of how to help our brother in his time of need

17. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Always willing to lend a hand...

18. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Some real stand-up people on this forum!! I'm in, PM sent, JD!

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I do hope this was cleared with the man himself, otherwise, some wrath will be had....I've seen it, and it is never pretty.

I want to do what I can, so I hope I can be helpful in some way.

20. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If we get enough signed up the cost per donor will be manageable, even for those of us on fixed income.

If he throws a tantrum, I'll just drive over there, deliver the donation and then kick his ***!

Besides, who the f*** gets authorization for a random act of kindness???

It is often easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. ~Grace Hopper

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.