The Dirty Half-Dozen

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You are about to experience an operational tempo previously unknown to you.

The entire FTF forum is branded right-wing extremists and incarcerated at Gitmo.

Lee Marvin visits us, rotting in our cells, with a deal. Go on a mission, buy your freedom.

The mission is this. We are dropped into deep SoCal, with no assets of any kind. No vehicles, no weapons. Anything we need must be acquired on site.

Chuck Norris is being held by PETA, and needs to be rescued. We have a map, and nothing else. We have to get to Hollywood, through vast expanses of nothingness, only to stumble into massive cities loaded with gangs.

You are the designated leader, you must pick 5 other members to go with you.

This isn't about picking 5 bad@$$es, it's about picking 5 who have different skills to balance and achieve your goal. List the reason you choose each member.

Good luck.

2. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Can I pick five more of me? I'm kind of a big deal!:rolleyes:

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

There goes the neighborhood. Someone is going to get their feelers hurt in this one....

So, it's me and five guys ( girls ) that I get to select from the Supporting Members?

Lee Marvin didn't ask for volunteers?

We are air dropped? Do we all need to have parachute experience then, because that leaves me out as Team Leader... LOL

No assets could be a problem, but if we get dropped into LA it should be easy to acquire some transportation. Weapons would be a nightmare... and PETA is no joke. They take that stuff seriously.... :eek:

I like the idea of the mission, but I need some specifics...

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I would take...

Benning boy because he makes us all laugh and is witty which should help us BS our way thru the many libs we will undoubtably face.

robocop10mm, he seems to have a large knowledge of weapons and reloading which could help improvise weapons if needed.

dicky0331 because he's a fellow Marine and an 03, he could be of help.

Stalkingbear because he's just a mean old bastard and may have some wisdom that we are unaware of.

SGT Miller, he appears well rounded in his "skills" which could be helpful to all of us.

I would intentionally leave JD behind because you know he would whine like a little girl about not being able to go which I think would be funny. We can always break him out later.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Not according to this dude who was in line with me at the Sandwich shop - I guess you two used to "hang out" and he wasn't very impressed. :cool:

6. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Nice one! I guess I left myself open for that!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I'll bite:

Jo Da Plumber- he knows the terrain (he is in LA)

JD - size, level headed and calm

Robocop10mm - size and he is Texas LEO

Amsel - speaks spanish and could drive any vehicle we need

SGT-MILLER - tactical knowledge will be needed for a good plan

The way I figure it, I'll need some one who is very familiar with the city. Gonna need size, strength and weapon proficiency. Some one fluent in Spanish. Gotta have a guy who can drive semis, dozers, dump trucks, basically anything we come across to use. Tactical planning will be key between the whole team. Food and water can be looted. Weapons can be had from purchase or negotiation or trade. Hand to hand combat skills will be needed at some point as well.

Off the top of my head, that is who I could think of. Multi-purpose reason for all members of the team. Unity will be needed for survival.

8. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

It's your pick. It's not so much about popularity, as choosing your path, and then the appropriate member to fufill the task you see ahead.

If I'm doing it, I see a shortcut through gang territory. Maybe a Hispanic gang, so someone with language skills is essential.

And I may have to breach something, and I know of Tango's skill with flammables and coffee cans.

Everybody here is a shooter, so when I figure out how to acquire weapons, I have myself and 5 others putting lead on paper.

If, hypothetically, I hate Ineff, but Ineff has the skills to hotwire a car, and then drive it like Andretti, I have to weigh my contempt against his skills.

And it's for Chuck. So Ineff is my wheel man.

9. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

And I'm a decorated veteran of the Duck Wars.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Tango on on the MG (WHAT yes I found an MG just sitting around on a tank at Fort Irwin.

Amsel is driving the tank.

SGT Miller is the gunner on the tank.

Benning is on loader duty with a M-16 as back up.

JD would be out in front with his long range rig ( See I got your back man).

Plumber cause he is in LA and he is a plumber so he can get in to the safe house easier than rolling up in a tank.

There are my 5 seeing as no one likes me enough to take me with them. Even though I got mad skills other than posting ponch pictures.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  11. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

That's what I'm talking about. But don't factor yourself out. You have toook at your strengths and weaknesses as well.

I'm good hand to hand. I pick up languages quickly. But my land nav isn't great, and mechanical/electrical eludes me completely.

So I can scrap till we get weapons, I can hopefully barter for supplies from a variety of people, I can drive a car, but if we got a truck larger than an Army deuce and a half, I'm stuck.

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay, I am in, and I think you will see a common theme develop here....

Logistics - Jo da Plumber. He's a local and he knows what way is up. Plus he probably knows where a good strip club is, so after we rescue Chuck, we can have out celebration party.

Language - My good friend Asmel or FranciscoMV - either one, but since they both have families they might not volunteer. Fall back would be Robo since he is somewhat fluent in Spanglish, but he fills two categories then....

Equipment - Sgt_Miller. He's National Guard, so he probably knows where the depots are, how to talk the talk and how to walk the walk to get in.
    Once we are in, we have access to jeeps, trucks, weapons, ammo and ordnance. Plus the guy can lay out fields of fire for the attack, over watch and can help in the infil/exfil

Heavy Weapons - Robo. He's a big, bruising hulk and I want someone on that M249 to keep heads down should SHTF with these PETA morons..

Intel / EOD needs - Cpttango30. Hands down my choice for hacker and when I need something to go bang with the C-4 and grenades we lifted from the National Guard Armory.

Done and Done right.... Piece of cake with this team. I might not have to get my suit dirty. :D

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Me being the 6th, I have some mechanical ability and tons of metal working ability (machining and fab). Marginal spanish and I'm resourceful. I blend in like a chameleon. :D

14. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I'm always being told I look like Chuck Norris. So I'll be able to draw off the guards thinking Chuck has escaped. While the rest of the team completes the extraction.

The rendezvous is the Fore Play Gentleman’s club on Cottner Ave.

15. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

The perfect template is the Seven Samurai.

Tango is easily Toshiro Mifune. The crazy guy in the bunch, but you need crazy. If I send him into a building full of bad guys with a swap-meet ninja knife, he'd come back out with a necklace made of human ears.

The down side is since it's PETA, he may become distracted by the animals. For all the crazy bloodlust, I could see him pausing long enough in front of a puppy to get himself killed.

I'll eliminate the idealistic kid archetype, since we're beyond that and it can only be 6.

Since I'd have to be there per the rules, I'll take old guy. I've won some, I've lost some, I'll still do what it takes, but not with so much vigor. I can plan objectively.

Detached killer. Interested only in perfecting his skill. Edge has to go to J.D., simply because he has devoted a ton of time picking up on the subtleties of pretty much every weapon ever devised, and has the discipline to forgo sourdough for a greater purpose, even at his peril.

The funny samurai. Humor tempered by wisdom. Ineff, Skull, Uber, Spit, JDP,DTM, and a couple others. Morale isn't a luxury, it's the biggest necessity.

The "what the Hell, why not?" samurai. He might even like the meals at Gitmo, but he's a gamer first. He hasn't forgotten what he's all about, he's a warrior, and if the mission is doomed to failure, even better, he goes out doing his thing. Any of the vets here.

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hey when you amateurs are done screwing the neighbors cat, let me know. :rolleyes:

17. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

No offense but I’m not going to take any of you with me.

Frankly you won’t be needed.

Twenty fours hours after they take Chuck into the compound he will have killed all the guards, drank all the liquor, and f**ked all the women. I’ll just wait outside and give him a ride home.

But we’re all still meeting at the Fore Play afterward and everyone is invited. :D

18. LtpLegend

LtpLegend New Member

Well Played, well played sir!

19. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Crap, IGETEVEN is a supporter now? Just so you know, I love one of my knees. The other has endured 5 surgeries one of which was a reconstruct. I'd appreciate if you break neither, but if I have a choice....

Fuggetaboutit, Welcome to the Supporting Member area, IGETEVEN!!! :D

20. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Thank you, becoming a Supporting Member was a decision based on the great group of members here on the forum. As for Jo DA Plummbr, and your rapid conclusion to the scenario, you must seriously be confused about Chuck's abilities nowadays. :rolleyes: