The Death of Klaus

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

So here's the whole story.

I hatched a plot with J.D. to start a Q and A thread where he would answer questions in the style of The World's Most Interesting Man, of Dos Equis fame. He would answer things like money clip vs. wallet, how to pick up women, best grip material for 1911s that marry form and function.

It was to be called "The Continental."

So I decide to take today and do a hype thread. I was only going to do vague references to the character, and bump it most of the day, till his name was on everybody's lips.

I was to unveil the main thread tomorrow.But then Spittinfire happened.
    Apparently SNL did a skit with Chris Walken called, you guessed it, The Continental. I won't do someone else's bit, even in name alone.

So I mowed the lawn and came up with my death, and the rise of Klaus. He was to be abrasive and elitist. But you guys seemed to like him more than me.

So I just eliminated Klaus.

I (Benning) am back. Deal with it.:mad:

2. cameronguyton

cameronguyton New Member

Chuck Norris could make you, Klaus, Christopher Walker, the Continental, and the Dos Equis guy all his b*tch. :eek:

Man do I enjoy drinking Dos Equis. mmmm.;) If you put a lime in it, you have just ruined a great beer!

3. markerdown

markerdown New Member

I knew it, you psycho. Your alter ego was too much like you. Plus yer lawn work wouldn't take you the rest of the summer unless you were gonna mow all of Kansas...................markerdown

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    I'm schizophrenic,
    and so am I. :rolleyes:

Now, quit skipping the meds, and you will feel much better.

5. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Wow, Benning. You fooled no one. :rolleyes:

Plenty of effort and funny....

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You know you weren't sure.

It didn't work for Garth Brooks, either. So I'm in good company.;)

7. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Your alter ego had the Deiter persona off the SNL Schprockets skit from the early '90s. I was waitin for the monkey to be introduced. The part about the vespas was funny........:D

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  8. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Alas, I hardly knew him, he seems but a whisper on the wind, farewell, I bid thee farewell my friend. :(

9. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

See what i mean? You guys did like Klaus best.:mad:

10. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

And Klaus is still getting positive response.

Klaus mocked everything American, and you guys dig Klaus.

Attached Files:

11. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Don't worry Benny, I hated Claus. Of course I knew He was You so... :p

12. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I think your support is underwhelming.

So does Klaus.:eek:

Attached Files:

13. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Sorry buddy! You didn't think Christopher Walken was funny?

14. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Yeah, it was great. But if it was the first thing you thought of, for all I knew everyone on the forum saw the show, and they would think I was ripping off SNL.

It was for the best that you pointed it out, because I was completely unaware.

I just needed a quick alternative in a hurry, so the "Is Benning really gone/ does he have a split personality" thing popped into my head while I was mowing the lawn in 90 degree heat with no fluid intake.

Problem was, people were really nice to Klaus, and showed a genuine interest in him. I've never been to Austria, so I had to research it on the fly.

We even went so far as to dredge up ancient threads, since Klaus was a newbie, and newbies tend to do that.

People responded to threads that were waaay dated.

Austria does have pretty awesome gun laws, though.

Meh. It was entertaining for a day. I hope some of you thought so, as well.

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

It came along at the right time. It added some much needed levity. You are a genius. :p

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I watched a good bit of SNL in the 90s when it was actually funny. I always enjoyed Walken when he was on.

17. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I watched when it was the original "Not ready for Prime Time Players,", and then sparsely after that. I didn't think Murphy or Myers were that great. Funny, but not up to the level everyone had them at.

Walken is the scariest guy alive. I saw him playing a farmer on some Hallmark movie, and I was waiting for him to rip some one's eyeball out.

I just wanted to make alles klar.

Oops.:cool:

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Eh, it was a great idea, but it got derailed before it left the station. Nothing wrong with that, it was entertaining for a day.

Benning, as always, brings the laughs and keeps the forum bright and lively.

Otherwise we are stuck with Celebrity Death Threads, Tango *****ing about everything under the sun, Cane pumping the Colt Horse from behind, Ineffable making timely and quotable posts, bkt taking a liberal to task and stalkingbear/RL/spittinfire taking out some hate on a new guy. :D

JD

19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Not to mention Dillinger in his second personality as a young woman posting here! :eek:

OK- I'm just kidding- but have any of you ever seen Dillinger and Samples at the same time?

Hmmmmmm...............