The Curious Foreigner

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by SoL, Jun 3, 2009.

1. SoL

SoL New Member

Hey hey

I'm just a bit curious about the MASSIVE taboo on any talk of a full auto Ruger.

Here in New Zealand we dont haev ANY fully automatic weapons AT ALL and people can chat about this and I can guarantee several farmers will have them.

Are the penalties MASSIVE for doing that particular thing elsewhere?

THOUGHTS

:D SoL

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sol- here in the US, full auto firearms are known as Class III weapons, or NFA (National Firearms Act). They are legal for civilians to own in MOST states- however- 1. They must be registered with the BATFE, and a $200 tax paid, AND 2. The weapon must have been registered before May 1986. No additional full autos can be registered to civilians after that date.

MAKING a full auto, or possessing an unregistered full auto is a violation of Federal law, and carries possible penalty of 10 years in prison, and fine of $250,000.

Converting a semi to a full auto is also MAKING a full auto.

Does that help explain some of the paranoia?

Regards

C3Shooter

3. orangello

orangello New Member

Who has or can afford to shoot full auto with this ammo situation?

4. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

.22 LR are still cheap and plentiful here in Northern Cali.

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Mike Dillon of Dillon Precision!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODiSfBUMApA]YouTube - Dillon Mini Gun on Monster Garage[/ame]

More vids here http://www.dillonaero.com/videos.html

6. dsmith84

dsmith84 New Member

there are some videos of guys shootin full auto rugers on www.youtube.com i didnt know it was a taboo subject i posted a thread asking about its legality and they locked it i was totally taken by surprise i didn't know it was a touchy subject.

7. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Fishing for ways to break the law is not encouraged.

8. orangello

orangello New Member

D'OH! I wasn't thinking clearly.

9. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Why a full auto?

I guess Im missing the whole point, why not just use a semi-auto 12gage shotgun useing #2 shot, it should be able to out shoot your full auto .22lr at reasonable distances with one in the chamber and two in the mag thats 3 shots one could rattle off in quick sucession.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

True, a shotgun will out do a full auto for putting out lead in a short time. Full auto is the sexy thing for the underendowed members of society.

Don't tell Uncle Teddy in Boston, he will want to ban shotguns, too. Oh well, I think he already wants to ban shotguns along with all other firearms.

Idle chatter about full auto firearms on a forum such as this is ill advised. In fact, I have heavily edited this post taking out references that the anti-gunners can use out of context. This site and all others like it are routinely monitored by Federal (and other) LE agents in case some whack job pops up.